The Cure vs. Lol - the court case 1994

Started by japanesebaby, November 03, 2007, 16:50:04

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

surely not the happiest chapter in the history of the cure. but since press material about this was recently requested, i've uploaded a few things to the gallery. and sorry, my press collection is in a state of mess since i've had practically no time to look into it for over a year, but here's something i could find on a short notice. i'll upload more if i can locate it...:

some short news items from various UK music newspapers in 1994 (scans attached)

these were really numerous at that time and the case was followed/documented in the news sections a lot while it was on.

there's a longer and more interesting article about the background of the case, from Select magazine 1994 (UK).
i also uploaded these to the gallery but it looks like they get compressed in the process so that the resolution goes too low and some pages are not at all readable anymore. so i'll add high res files here as attachments instead.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

japanesebaby

scatcat

thanks Japanesebaby.. I never quite know where to open up topics/posts!! I will learn.  :oops:

I find these articles quite absurd.. I can almost guarantee that nothing of this kind reached the southern hemisphere here..!! wow.  :shock:

I look forward to reading more.. as you can tell.. I'm a book-nerd-junkie.. I gotta have the facts.

I appreciate your help and effort!!  :smth001   :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on November 03, 2007, 17:06:43
thanks Japanesebaby.. I never quite know where to open up topics/posts!! I will learn.  :oops:

no i don't think your question was anyhow totally out of place there - i simply thought i'd put the answer here, since it's easier to find later on if anyone might look for a topic about it. ;)

Quote from: scatcat on November 03, 2007, 17:06:43
I find these articles quite absurd.. I can almost guarantee that nothing of this kind reached the southern hemisphere here..!! wow.  :shock:

that's true, it was all pretty absurd... that's exactly the word. and as it's absurd even looking from the outside, from the distance, it really must have been totally absurd for those who were part of it!
to be honest, it maybe wasn't a huge news item at all outside UK. i was pretty much referring to UK music papers when i said it was well documented and much talked about. i don't thnk there ever was much any single mention of this in the local papers around here either. i guess i've just always happened to follow UK music papers more than the local ones (for certain reasons...!).

anyway, glad if it offers some interesting reading. :)
maybe someone else around here has more material too(?).

melly

That was interesting reading indeed!! :shock: Thanks to JB and Silversand for posting the info here. As has been said, nothing much of this case made it to our shores ( Australia) so it has really been an eye-opener to read about it. What a terrible thing for all concerned to go through. Anyway, thanks again..
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on November 03, 2007, 16:50:04
some short news items from various UK music newspapers in 1994

I have attached these files in the first post of this thread as the curefans.com gallery does not longer exists.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo