2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

cure_kitty

Wow that's cool!  I hope you wished him a Happy Birhtday!  ;)

Read over at the COF that tonights show might be "This is the show to see" or "This one is going to be special".  So I hope they do something totally different and put on an unbelievable show.  Have fun & enjoy!  :smth023 

Mad Bob RJS

Hi everyone, we hope tonight will be a special show?, don´t we?

Have a great time who´s gonna attend Shrine.

Is this a soldout too?

Anyone has heard something about a new song debut or another surprise?

I hope so.

I´ll keep an eye to the live setlist.

:D
...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

crowbi_wan

Made It past the metal detectors and am hugging the rail in front of porl : )

cure_kitty

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 02, 2008, 03:48:45
Made It past the metal detectors and am hugging the rail in front of porl : )

Cool!  :-D

Can't wait to see what they will do!  ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  :smth020

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 02, 2008, 01:30:21
Just met simon

I am EXTREMELY jealous, but very happy for you at the same time. :smth023

japanesebaby

what happened after alt.end? :?:

*edit: COF has

Out of This World, Pictures of You, Fascination Street, alt.end, A Strange Day, The End of the World, The Baby Screams, Love Song, Sleep When I'm Dead, From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea, Lullaby, The Perfect Boy, Kyoto Song, The Only One,

the show was special because they packed up and left in the middle of it?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

I guess the "no porl" means he is not on stage during faith
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Looks like the audience is singing happybirthay to simon
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Mad Bob RJS

Wow, amazing setlist, i think the best US so far, and there are few chances to beat it.

I hope we have soon this Faith version on audio-video.

How lucky who were there at Shrine.

:smth023

...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

crowbi_wan

Setlist has been updated to include the correct encores, E1: Plainsong, Disintegration and E3: Faith

crowbi_wan

Faith (in FLAC)  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKIISD62  :smth020

Yes, it's only one song, but please don't spread this around other forums in lossy formats such as mp3.  I don't mind if you want to convert it and put it on your ipods or whatever.

ENJOY! 

I should add that this is the raw data w/ a bit of a level boost.  Being that I'm listening to this through some crappy headphones in my hotel room I didn't even want to attempt any equalizing.  Hopefully, the quality isn't too bad.  I was standing up against the rail directly in front of Porl, or at least where Porl would have been had he come out for this song.  Most of what I was picking up was coming from amps and monitors, not the PA.  

crowbi_wan

pics uploaded http://curefans.com/index.php/v/live/2008/northamericantour/losangelesshrine/?action=gallery 

Not much of Simon in there due to a security guard being in my way.  There are a few shots of him in his furry hat signing autographs prior to the show.

Nice story about him coming over to us.  When Simon arrived, there was a small group of fans waiting just outside the Band/VIP/Crew entrance.  As the guard was checking the credentials of the chauffeur, Simon acknowledged us and let us know he'd come back over once parked.  As he made his way over, we all wished him a Happy Birthday.  One fan was holding up a Top record that caught Simon's eye.  He said something like "Oh, not that one"  :lol:  He ended up signing several autographs all the while saying he needed to get inside to the soundcheck.  VERY nice of him to meet all of us.  Porl arrived right after Simon and just headed right in.  Next, Robert and Jason arrived on a tour bus.  We shouted at them, but they didn't feel like saying hello or anything.  Oh well, just one more reason why I think Simon rocks  :rocker  Happy birthday, dude! 

jakso

Wow...Faith...thanks a lot for this treasure, Brian. You are  :smth023