2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

sullen

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 02, 2008, 10:30:00
Faith (in FLAC)  http://www.megaupload.com/?d=TKIISD62  :smth020

Thanx man,

i woke up at 430AM just to read the setlist today, this made it even sweeter  :-D

[labyrinth]

Bloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on June 02, 2008, 08:04:20
Looks like the audience is singing happybirthay to simon

Ah, no, David -- Robert sang "Happy birthday, dear Simon" over and over as Faith extra lyrics. After that, he started to sing the opening lines to 2 Late. "I'll wait for you...."

Plainsong says that Robert cried through the whole song. I was too far back to see, and you couldn't hear it in his voice, but I'll take her word for it; she was right up there in the pit.

And "No Porl" means that he was on stage for the very start of the song, then walked off. I wasn't sure if it was maybe a technical problem or something, but he never came back. It got me thinking of what this band could be like as a three-piece again. Made me happy and sad on the inside.

Amazing show, amazing Faith. One of the best nights of my life.

Unforgettable.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

I can't help but feel a slight bit disappointed for not getting the 4 song Faith encore or some of those other songs that are on the master song list, but this was a damn fine show.  It's hard to complain about this one, so I won't any further.  A really fun show with several songs that hadn't been played since Europe or maybe once on the East Coast.  The selection was just a nice blend that had something for everyone.  Baby Screams sounded somewhat unrehearsed, but still rocked.  Let's hope they continue to play this one as the tour rolls on.  Such a great live track.  Same for How Beautiful.  I know some people have been disappointed that it didn't get played earlier as it should have been.  Elise, Catch, and Unstuck have been the rotation.  Maybe playing these songs tonight and seeing the reaction will get them in more sets.  If not, there's always Radio City.

Ugh, one more show to go.  What a ride it's been.        

Bloodflower

A f*cking religious experience. That's what tonight [last night!?] was.

I wish we'd gotten the full Faith encore, but you know, that version of Faith tonight was so damn incredible, I forgive it completely.

Happy birthday, dear Simon....

crowbi_wan

Some people were curious about the pit for this one.  80 people.  That was it!  I'm sure they could have let more in, but what a lucky bunch we were.  :shock:  Security was doing a good job of checking wrist bands, at least prior to the start of the show.  Not sure if some fans worked their way in, but it didn't seem overly crowded down there. 

The Old School encore seemed to be the favorite portion of the show for the people around me.  Lots of jumping up and down during FIC -> Grinding Halt.  The floor was getting pretty bouncy for a bit there  :rocker  And I'm so glad they played the full Old School encore.  3IB and FIC make that one.  It works w/o them, but it's just not the same. 

Before 3IB, Robert said "Simon would like to dedicate the next song to Lol and Michael.  Says he can play it much better (than them?)".  He trailed off at the end, but that's what it sounded like to my ears. 

Lady

Happy for you guys, it looks like it was an amazing show!!!! :smth023

I've always thought "out of this world" as opening song was a great experience! :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Bloodflower

I will never understand the ability of the old school encore to make the crowd go nuts. I mean, casuals can't know more than two or three songs in it. Right? BDC, JSET, and either 10.15 or KAA [but for some reason I doubt they'd know both]. They went absolutely NUTS during that encore, and I don't know why. Not complaining, certainly, but I am perplexed.

From the Edge does the same thing, by the way. Lots of people with their hands in the sky tonight; I guess that might mean there were fewer casuals about than I thought?

f*cking excellent show.

ElFishski

I think it's just that it's played a) right at the end when everyone knows they won't get any more so they should enjoy this NOW!
and b) it's just played with such energy and impact that how could anyone possibly sit still?  :D

When I saw them in Sydney/Melbourne I had gotten around to collecting every album except 3IB, but that swiftly changed after hearing those songs live!

Sounds like such a fantastic show, great to hear all the positive reviews from all the gigs!

Cold

Yeah, what a great show!! best show in the USA, no doubt, and maybe the best of the tour! just Faith, Bloodflowers and How beautiful made it amazing :) Out of this world is a nice surprise, hope they play it more (with the Adagio before it, of course)

I don't find surprising Porl left during Faith, if I remember well he did the same in Rotterdam...

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

boneheadhaggar

fantastic setlist, hope a recording of this one will surface soon :D
its nice to be nice

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

gleason_cure

Amazing....

Incredible Show. Instead the first part of it, With Adagio and OOTW, Bloodlfowers..

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock:

Three imaginary boys and FAITH!!!!

Thanks to crowby_wan to share so quickly this  faith version and the pics...

Im still in shock! :shock:
Forever cure...
nothing lef but faith.

japanesebaby

Quote from: crowbi_wan on June 02, 2008, 11:50:11
I can't help but feel a slight bit disappointed for not getting the 4 song Faith encore or some of those other songs that are on the master song list

whatever i do to make it real - never enough(?)

(one more time to kill...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine