2008.06.01 Los Angeles - Shrine Auditorium (USA)

Started by j, April 15, 2008, 12:19:32

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Bloodflower on April 16, 2008, 02:33:03
I got screwed out of Radiohead tickets this last weekend, so I'll make a play for these, I think, now that I've got some extra cash. (Save it? What do you mean, Save it?)

Isn't RH playing two shows at the Hollywood Bowl?  No luck with a ticket?  Oh wait, you must be talking about the SB County Bowl.  Damn scalpers are getting fast these days  :smth011  Hopefully you have better luck with The Cure.

Bloodflower

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 16, 2008, 02:39:53

Isn't RH playing two shows at the Hollywood Bowl?  No luck with a ticket?  Oh wait, you must be talking about the SB County Bowl.  Damn scalpers are getting fast these days  :smth011  Hopefully you have better luck with The Cure.

Scalpers grabbed everything -- Hollywood and SB Bowls. A friend of a friend got six SB tickets just to scalp them. If I ever meet him, he might lose an arm.

A small(ish) Cure gig would be a decent supernatural quid pro quo, however.... Though, truth be told, I'd rather go see one Radiohead and one Cure show than two Cure shows. As so many of you who have seen The Cure many times know well, familiarity breeds contempt (Boys Don't Cry, anyone?).
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

For any doubters, the show has been added to the events page on the official site and ticketmaster. 

http://www.thecure.com/events/

http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/0900408F01A36D57?artistid=915776&majorcatid=10001&minorcatid=60

Tickets will be $42 and $82 and go on sale Saturday at 11:00 am PDT.

edit: presale begins Friday 4/18 at 10:00 am PDT 

:eek: Finally, some good news from TM: To ensure that the pre-sale tickets go to fans, the pit tickets are forced will call - all patrons will be ID-ed at the door and will be wrist banded upon arrival  :smth023

Too bad the pit area is so small.  Still, kudos to TM for making an effort here.

Plainsong

My birthday is Saturday and if I can snag a pit ticket for this show, I swear, I'll never ever want another birthday present EVER. I'm so glad to see some effort being made to keep the scalpers at bay.
If pit's full it looks like any seat in the house is a great one, though. Has anyone here ever gone to 5 shows in a week and survived?

japanesebaby

good luck with tickets Plainsong!

Quote from: Plainsong on April 17, 2008, 03:15:40
Has anyone here ever gone to 5 shows in a week and survived?

cure shows or shows in general? ;)

Quote from: crowbi_wan on April 16, 2008, 19:25:48

Too bad the pit area is so small.  Still, kudos to TM for making an effort here.   

that's a really nice looking theater, atmospheric.

i just hope the band's live sound will turn out ok in small theater venues like this. gasometer in wien was the smallest venue on the euro tour, not a theater but certainly pretty intimate compared to most other venues. i was really looking forward to that gig for that reason alone - yet the sound was a huge disappointment to me: definitely the worst sound on all of the gigs that i saw.
they sounded a lot lot better on all large venues.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

j

I'm living proof!!!  Plus I will be doing close to that again in June:

June 5 She Wants Revenge
June 6 Cure
June 8 Cure
June 9 Cure

4 shows, 5 days, plus over 2000 miles in flights. 8)

Plainsong

OK, surely I can muster up the stamina for this! If the shows are as long as they were in Europe I'm going to be wiped out, but it'll be worth it--and I can sleep for a couple of days when I get home!

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on April 17, 2008, 11:40:54

I'm living proof!!!  Plus I will be doing close to that again in June:

June 5 She Wants Revenge
June 6 Cure
June 8 Cure
June 9 Cure

4 shows, 5 days, plus over 2000 miles in flights. 8)

That's weak, j.  Try this on for size...

5-20 Seattle, WA - Coheed and Cambria
5-21 Morrison, CO - The Cure
5-23 West Valley City, UT - The Cure
5-25 George, WA - Sasquatch Festival (The Cure, DCFC, many more)
5-26 Vancouver, BC, CAN - The Cure
5-28 San Jose, CA - The Cure
5-29 Santa Barbara, CA - The Cure
5-31 Los Angeles, CA - The Cure
6-01 Los Angeles, CA - The Cure
6-02 Anaheim, CA - 65daysofstatic
6-04 San diego, CA - The Cure
6-05 Seattle, WA - El Ten Eleven

Yes, I'm a crazy crazy man.  Someone please remind me to get some Dr.Scholl's shoe inserts before the 20th :lol:

crowbi_wan

PIT ticket for me :D

At first I used the KROQ password and was getting third level balcony  :?

I switched to the fanclub password and got a pit ticket.  Complete opposite of presales in the past.  They should have been doing this all along, offering the best seats to the fans.  Actually, Red Rocks was like this, but I think that was the only other one.  I just feel bad for those that are having to fork over $300-500 to get close to the band. 

Hopefully some other fans here were successful getting the spot they wanted.  Good luck to those still trying. 

Plainsong

crowbi_wan

Plainsong

What are these tickets that just specify ORCH with no rows? Because I have one of those too. (I went back and tried again just to see it PIT came up. Maybe I have two kinds of pit tickets?)
Ticketmaster is not being very helpful explaining the difference.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on April 18, 2008, 19:27:09
What are these tickets that just specify ORCH with no rows? Because I have one of those too. (I went back and tried again just to see it PIT came up. Maybe I have two kinds of pit tickets?)
Ticketmaster is not being very helpful explaining the difference.

PIT comes up as PIT and is located in the section labeled "ORCHESTRA" on the pic I uploaded (see above).  If you have an ORCH ticket you are located in one of the ORCH sections.  Log back in to your TM account, you should be able to see your seat now that the ticket has been purchased.  Yeah, it's pretty crazy that TM was offering the section, then you have to buy the ticket before you know your exact seat.  :?  That's just how it is.  Hopefully you got a good spot.   

Plainsong

Yeah, I finally figured it out. Now I have one pit ticket, and one ORCH row A seat 24! I'm glad I kept trying but at $100 a pop that was an expensive lesson to learn.
Well, if it sells out I'm sitting on a gold mine with that row A seat.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: Plainsong on April 18, 2008, 20:51:40
Well, if it sells out I'm sitting on a gold mine with that row A seat.

Yeah, there's a pair in ORCH row A going for $799  :shock:  But hey, don't let us hear that you're scalping it.  Why not hook up a true fan and sell it for face value?  ;)