TCT - The Who And Friends - Live At The Royal Albert Hall

Started by iggy.pop, April 22, 2008, 11:53:34

Previous topic - Next topic

iggy.pop

I've just see this on the Who site.
With this year's TCT gig series at the Royal Albert Hall reaching its climax last Sunday with a performance by The Who, the fundraising to create more dedicated hospital units for teenagers with Cancer, continues.

How? With a stunning DVD just released and now available at Amazon UK of highlights from the 2007 Teenage Cancer Trust benefit concerts at the Royal Albert Hall.

Artists include The Who, Noel Gallagher, Paul Weller, Kaiser Chiefs, The Coral, The Cure, Razorlight, The View, Bloc Party, The Bees, Gruff Rhys, Judas Priest and Kasabian.

The Who play 3 numbers - 'The Seeker', 'Baba O'Riley' and 'Tea and Theatre' (from 2006's ENDLESS WIRE album). One of the highlights of the DVD is Roger's blistering performance with Razorlight of 'Summertime Blues'.

I don't know what songs of The Cure are on this DVD. But you can buy it on amazon.uk

Original Post On The Who site

japanesebaby

from www.play.com:

The best show in town the who, Noel Gallagher, Kaiser Chiefs, Paul Weller, The Coral, The Cure, Razor Light, The View, Block Party, The Bees, Gruff Rhys, Judas Priest & Kasabian perform some of their greatest hits for what was one of the best shows in town, all in aid of the teenage cancer trust all filmed in HDTV.

Tracklisting:

1. The Who - The Seeker
2. Noel Gallagher - Don't Look Back In Anger
3. Kaiser Chiefs - Take My Tempurature
4. Noel Gallagher & Paul Weller
5. The Coral - Dreaming Of You
6. The Cure - The Kiss
7. Razorlight And Roger Daltrey - Summertime Blues
8. The View - Face For The Radio
9. Block Party - Like Eating Glass
10. The Bees - Got To Let Go
11. Gruff Rhys - Ni Wn
12. Judas Priest - Hell Bent For Leather
13. Kasabian - L.S.F.
14. The Who - Baba O' Riley
15. The Who - Tea And Theatre

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on April 22, 2008, 13:13:216. The Cure - The Kiss

Interesting choice. You'd think they would pick a single or something more mainstream for a release like this.

But hey, I'm not complaining!

Fabien G

For once it 's a concert during which they should have played a hit set ((it's a children charity, they didn't!  I think they got it wrong there again..
But anyway I'm lease to find another previously unreleased video here! I'll buy it.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Fabien G on April 26, 2008, 02:39:36
For once it 's a concert during which they should have played a hit set ((it's a children charity, they didn't!  I think they got it wrong there again..

i'm kind of amused: because during the 4tour people kept complaining how they don't play enough "dark songs" and they play too much pop songs and how it was all wrong wrong wrong. now for once they didn't choose something like 'inbetween days' (thank god they didn't!) and again, they have it wrongwrongwrong.

poor robert, i'm starting to feel sarcastically sorry for him. whatever he does, it's always "wrong number, never enough"...

(children's charity? hey even if it is, it doesn't mean they have to aim the sold product for children. come on. and "they should have played a hit set": you mean at the RAH concert? well they did play quite a nice set list there, if you were there/ever checked it out. so... i really don't know what you mean.)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: Fabien G on April 26, 2008, 02:39:36

It's a children charity, not a cd for children! :) I personally think the choice of "The kiss" was fantastic.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Fabien G

it's just a point of view, don't take it personnally! And no I wasn't there! nevertheless, that doesn't prevent me from havong a personnal opinion.  Sure they knew there wouldn't be only disabled kids in the audience!  Glad for you they did a dark set if you were there.  That said, being for a child charity, being a one-off, yes, I think they should have been more balanced and this time play a lighter set. Anyway...