2008 North American Tour DVD

Started by curry301, May 13, 2008, 05:03:16

Previous topic - Next topic

curry301

Are there any plans to make and release to the public a DVD from The Cure's 2008 North American tour similar to the 2005 Festival DVD?  If so, will it be in HD?

[labyrinth]

at the moment there are no plans, no rumours and no news.
sorry,

but it's way too early to say "it's not going to happen!"

(in 2005 there were no plans, but the dvd actually ended up to be released)

jct

let's all hope they release Paris 2008!!!

bbernardini

On a side note, it looked like the band was recording the Philadelphia show. There were microphones back by the soundboard, and audience mics up on the stage. Don't know if it's just for the archives, or if they're planning on doing a live release from this tour...

Maril

Quote from: bbernardini on May 16, 2008, 01:49:35
On a side note, it looked like the band was recording the Philadelphia show. There were microphones back by the soundboard, and audience mics up on the stage. Don't know if it's just for the archives, or if they're planning on doing a live release from this tour...

Same with the Montreal show, mics all over the place.

nausearockpig

and Brisbane 2007. so in about 2028 we might get something....

gleason_cure

Thats will be great!

Hope so. An official release are always welcome!
Forever cure...
nothing lef but faith.

japanesebaby

Quote from: Maril on May 18, 2008, 03:31:03

Same with the Montreal show, mics all over the place.

just an observation (and i don't intend to sound like a smart-ass but) why exactly do people talk about "US tour DVD" when nobody saw any cameras around?
anyway, it looks like they recorded soundboard audios at some shows, and probably only for the band/robert to listen to. the mere fact that there were mics all around doesn't mean anything will get released/is being planned for public release.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

They're recording audio for all of the shows (as is 65dos), just like in Europe (or at least Paris and Antwerp).  They will occasionally use the audio for soundcheck.  Basically for the engineers to get dialed in.  There are no plans to use this audio for any live disc.

Janko

Quote from: curry301 on May 13, 2008, 05:03:16
  If so, will it be in HD?

YEAH!!!
This is the key point for any curefan!
If it's not on HD or Blu Ray - F**k it, cause we don't want it!

:evil:

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on May 31, 2008, 00:57:53
Quote from: curry301 on May 13, 2008, 05:03:16
  If so, will it be in HD?

YEAH!!!
This is the key point for any curefan!
If it's not on HD or Blu Ray - F**k it, cause we don't want it!

:evil:

it's hard to make a dvd without existing footage, so whether it's HD or blu-ray or what, who cares. :lol:
this thread is about discussing imaginary things. just read what crowbi posted above you: they are only recording audio for the sound engineers' purposes, not for release.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

bearnutt0054

Quote from: [labyrinth] on May 13, 2008, 12:51:30
at the moment there are no plans, no rumours and no news.
sorry,

but it's way too early to say "it's not going to happen!"

(in 2005 there were no plans, but the dvd actually ended up to be released)

God, I hope they capture their shows somewhere along the tour.

DonMTV

I would enjoy a DVD of the Shrine show, but no cameras were seen.

Don

hpantazo

I would think they should do another leg for the U.S tour after the album is out, and film that for a DVD

ghanisbuli

Quote from: crowbi_wan on May 30, 2008, 19:18:36
They're recording audio for all of the shows (as is 65dos), just like in Europe (or at least Paris and Antwerp).  They will occasionally use the audio for soundcheck.  Basically for the engineers to get dialed in.  There are no plans to use this audio for any live disc.

How do you know this?  (Not because I think it's not true, I'm just actually really curious how you learned it.  I need to learn how to get me in the know, haha.)
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.