Robert's new look?

Started by Poe, May 22, 2008, 16:45:29

Previous topic - Next topic

Poe

I believe no one's started a thread about this around here, so here we go: wish-man posted a link to a radio interview with Robert that was broadcasted on the 13th of May:

http://tinyurl.com/5s4mpk

At one point in the interview, Robert says...

"I definitely will actually, this year, I'm a 100% I'm gonna shave my head again, and when I do that I'll probably stop wearing make-up..."

...does this scare anyone else? I mean, is he gonna look...normal, now? *shudders*

He does add "I don't know, you never know" shortly aftewards, so he may not be a 100% about losing the make-up, at least, and it's not like he hasn't changed his mind about certain things before, but oh well. Maybe the old look's time has finally come. It has done a lot of good to this world. I miss it already.

[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

Quote from: Poe on May 22, 2008, 16:45:29
...Does this scare the hell out of anyone else?! I mean, is he gonna look...normal, now? *shudders*

no, it doesn't. i don't care what he chooses to look like.
and people change.

(i remember robert saying in some bloodflowers era magazine interview how he decided to stop wearing make-up one day and went to do a photo-shoot without make-up. but he felt really dreadful in front of the camera, like "this is somehow wrong". and so in the middle of the photo-shoot he said "hold it!" and went to put on the war-paint after all. and they started from the beginning and he felt so much better.
yet that was then - this is now?)

(besides, if he went and shaved his head, i think he'd look far from "normal" anyway  so...)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Brother Tims

He cannot possibly look any worse than he does now.

Well, actually he can. If he shaved his head completely and put some funky tattoos on it. That would indeed look worse than his current appearence.

Poe

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 22, 2008, 17:08:18
Quote from: Poe on May 22, 2008, 16:45:29
...Does this scare the hell out of anyone else?! I mean, is he gonna look...normal, now? *shudders*

no, it doesn't.

Well hi Anyone Else, nice to see you.  :smth047

Anyway, yes of course people change and his looks doesn't affect his music, but surely you can have a harmless opinion about it behind his back... :smth045
[i]Betty said she prayed today
For the sky to blow away...[/i]

japanesebaby

You don't care about what anyone else is
Don't care what they do or they say
You live your own life
In your own time
And in your own dead indifferent way
Yeah... In your own time...

;)

Quote from: Poe on May 22, 2008, 17:21:50
but surely you can have a harmless opinion about it behind his back... :smth045

surely. and who cares if he even sees us? ;)

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

coxoxi

I just adore his looks and so his hairstyle! He won't be the same  :smth086 but, on the other hand, I love him despite his look! So I'm happy if he's happy  :D

rodney

My wife thinks that he looks better now than he has recently.  She feels that his longer hair makes his face look thinner.  Still shorter hair and less make-up would make most any nearly 50 year old man look better.

mint car

I love Robert's hair and image. When he will shave his hair and he don't will wear make-up, it will be so strange... :smth085
his look is great, so why to change it  :smth017
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

anja

Hi,
In my opinion, he and the Cure will stay the same.Cause the Cure is not Robert's hair. Now he is 49 and the most time in his life he has this hairstyle and so he want to change.He and his Mary must like his new hairstyle and the fans shouldn't care about it.

Janko

I WOULD LOVE IF HE CHANGED HIS APPEARANCE
HE SHOULD DO IT BEFORE THE TOUR AND A NEW ALBUM
HE'S A 49 YEAR OLD MAN AND HE SHOULD TAKE A BETTER CARE ABOUT HIS LOOKS
EVEN MORE ABOUT HIS HEALTH AND SHAPE

ON THE OTHER HAND, SIMON...

:D
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Cure

shape yeah, but i love his hair & the make-up, haha
maybe he should lose a few (!!) pounds, haha
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

silversand

I like Robert's style a lot. But shorter hair and less make-up would be good  :)
So let's wait what he will do :)

Hero

Change can be a good thing but Robert says a lot of things, I'll believe it when i see it!  ;)
I do like his hair though...

rubcure

maybe just a little cut... like in high video will be ok; but, if he want to do that... is his hair!  8)  :smth023

and... The make up... think it twice please Robert!!
[center][size=10pt][font=arial][color=black]"...and the way the rain comes down hard is how i feel inside..."[/color][/font][/size][/center]

plancton

but doesn't the word "shave" imply a BALD head??? can you imagine robert with a bald head? a serious fashion crime. not only for robert but for men in general I say....