The Cure will be taping an episode of Soundstage in Chicago on June 24th

Started by cure_kitty, June 09, 2008, 04:54:33

Previous topic - Next topic

cure_kitty

Hmmmmmm, this would be really cool to go to!  Looks legit but I'm wondering if it's going to happen, nothing on the official yet. 

Well if it is true, I hope someone on here will be able to go?  Only 300 tickets are available for the show so chances are slim.  Well hopefully at least this will be taped & we will be able to watch it on PBS in the future.  These Soundstage shows are good to watch so I'm sure The Cure would be excellent on it too!  If you have a Bank of America Master Card you can try to sign-up for the auction to win 2 tickets or maybe the show will give some away some tickets but there web site is down now.  Not sure about the e-bay thing though?

So if you have a Bank of America Master Card & want to use you rewards points, why not use them for this............................

From the COF:

Ok, this is strictly a rumor at this point, but this ebay listing says The Cure will be taping an episode of Soundstage in Chicago on June 24th. Again, no official confirmation on this yet, so you might want to hold off on bidding. Anyway, here's what they claim:

Exclusive SoundStage® performance and LIVE taping with THE CURE presented by MasterCard™!

"The winner of this auction will receive two (2) tickets to an exclusive SoundStage® performance and live taping featuring The Cure! An event like this rarely occurs, so bid accordingly!
MasterCard™ is proud to present The Cure in an intimate setting for the taping of their SoundStage® performance! This exclusive performance takes place on Tuesday, June 24th in Chicago, IL. Winning bidders will receive a guaranteed place in the 300 capacity sound stage for the up close modern music experience of a lifetime!"

Soundstage Ticket Information:
If you'd like to be a part of our studio audience please call the Soundstage hotline at: 773-279-2111 or log onto our website for more information.

www.networkchicago.com/soundstage

https://www.perksadvantage.com/index.html

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=120270172929&ssPageName=STRK:MEWN:IT&ih=002

BobRocks

There is a guy on Ebay selling 2 tickets for that event for only $250

rodney

Robert says that it wasn't announced on the official site because it's not happening.

japanesebaby

Quote from: rodney on June 12, 2008, 18:51:48
Robert says that it wasn't announced on the official site because it's not happening.

PBS

6/12/2008 1:55:54 AM - by CURE:ROBERT

I HATE DENYING THINGS THAT WE HAVENT ACTUALLY ANNOUNCED - WE HAVE BEEN DOWN THAT SLIPPERY SLOPE FAR TOO OFTEN - BUT THE REASON PBS CHICAGO HASNT BEEN ANNOUNCED BY US IS BECAUSE IT ISNT HAPPENING

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

ghanisbuli

Yeah, I'm super glad that I didn't buy the ebay tickets, especially because I can't really afford it in the first place.  Thank you, Professor Vyvyan, for not giving me time off work!
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.

cure_kitty

I had a feeling this wasn't going to happen!  No harm in posting it in case it was true.  Wonder if anyone tried to get tickets and then they find out its a no go.  :roll:

But if it was, it would have been AWESOME!  ;)

BrightLight

This was a little bit of a bummer but at least the Fuse TV thing is still working out.  Looking forward to that next Friday.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: BrightLight on June 16, 2008, 03:48:55
This was a little bit of a bummer but at least the Fuse TV thing is still working out.  Looking forward to that next Friday.

Speaking of which, is anyone taping the Fuse broadcast and making available for download?  I already have my DVR set to record it, just no way (at least that I know of with the equipment I'm using) to get it to my computer. 

rodney

I'm going to be recording it, and was planning on sharing either on DIME or PPTT.  I'll just have to figure out how to do it with my new Mac.