another curefans.com exclusive: the brand new official clip for Freakshow

Started by [labyrinth], June 13, 2008, 23:23:34

Previous topic - Next topic

[labyrinth]

japanesebaby

:smth023

i wonder is they are planning to do all the videos in this kind of similar manner?
not that it's ultimately the worst video ever, but considering the song in question i was kind of expecting something more colorful in this case, something more or less weird and "cure-like" so to speak.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

[labyrinth]

i really think they're all the same.
and i have the feeling all the clips were made in the same session and all the 4 vids are done and mtv already has them.
mtv says " a clip for month heading to the new album by the cure "

so, it's sure they'll have this kind of "exclusive" every month until September.

actually i didn't see "The Only One" on any channel, but MTV:online (i'm not sure about regular MTV)
so...maybe it's just something for mtv.

crowbi_wan

I wonder if Jason was the editor of that video.  Lots of him in there. 

lostflower4

Thanks for sharing.

And I'm not afraid to admit that I like this song. Porl rocks!  :smth020

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on June 14, 2008, 03:32:18
Thanks for sharing.

And I'm not afraid to admit that I like this song. Porl rocks!  :smth020

I don't care for the vocal melody at all.  It sounds like some high school teenie-bopper wrote it, or Fergie  :oops:  However, Porl does sound pretty cool on it.  The studio version is much much better than any live version I've heard.  And I've heard a lot of them!

KingOfSomeIsland

Freakshow kicks ass. Im not ashamed to admit I love it like I love The 13th, or Wrong Number

Bloodflower

Freakshow is the new 13th.

And I really dig The 13th.

Though I don't know what the hell they're doing making a video like this for a song like Freakshow. Tim Pope should have been involved with this one. I was expecting socks.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

crowbi_wan

boneheadhaggar

definately prefer the studio version of this song, its growing on me :smth023
its nice to be nice

silversand

Thanks so much for the links [labyrinth]  :smth023

I like the song very much. The studio version is a little bit better than the live version  :)
So i'm looking forward to the CD-single i've ordered :)

Lady

Quote from: boneheadhaggar on June 14, 2008, 11:15:26
definately prefer the studio version of this song, its growing on me :smth023
I agree :smth023
I was sure the studio version would have been better, even when everybody said "OMG this song is terrible!!!" :-D
I like this song, it makes me feel happy! :smth020
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Janko

Quote from: japanesebaby on June 14, 2008, 01:01:20

not that it's ultimately the worst video ever, 

At least they are cheap.
It's the song that's crap.
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

cure_kitty

I'm really digging Freakshow!   Cool song & the studio version is so much better that the live one!  Got my CD today & I've been listening to it quite a bit.  It's a fun song and I really like it!  OK it won't be my favorite but it's not a bad cure song.  :smth020

Now for the video, I'm not into this black & white studio session style.  It was good for The Only On but for Freakshow it's a bit so-so.  Not that it was filmed badly but it think they could have done a WCIBU or Lovecates type of video.  A Tim Pope style would have been so cool!   

ghanisbuli

I actually really like Freakshow.  It's a fun song.  I like it a lot better than The Only One.  I don't dislike The Only One, I'm just not crazy about it.  But I really like to groove around to Freakshow.  And watch Robert dance in the live versions.  It feels like a style of The Cure that we haven't had for awhile, and I'm glad for it.  I always like the variety.

There's nothing wrong with the video, but I'm not in love with it.  I guess it's hard, when The Cure did such amazing videos in the past...
I always lock the door when I creep by daylight. I can't do it at night, for I know John would suspect something at once.