Are the singles getting airplay on your local station?

Started by crowbi_wan, July 05, 2008, 17:10:12

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

I'm curious if either The Only One or Freakshow are getting any airplay around the globe?  A local Seattle station has been playing The Only One quite a bit, but I've never heard Freakshow.  I'd imagine that stations can't justify giving airtime to two new Cure songs and are simply going with the first one.  Hopefully they get on board with Sleep When I'm Dead.  That one could be a minor hit for them.

mint car

I heard a few times The Only One in radio  :roll:
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

KingOfSomeIsland

I dont listen to radio but I was talking with my friend a few WEEKS ago and she said she had heard The Only One on the radio a few times so I guess its getting played here  :smth023

mikeang

I haven't heard either of the songs played in Toronto.

Mad Bob RJS

Yeah, in Mexico City Ibero 90.9 FM http://ibero909.fm/ y Reactor 105.7 FM http://reactor.imer.com.mx/ play both, even 1 time i listened AKOS.

:D

...There was nothing in the world that i ever wanted more than to feel you deep in my heart...

Visit me @ http://madbobrjscure.blogspot.com/

Tszyu

They haven't played the new singles here in Norway. If they play The Cure on the radio it's most likely Close to Me, Friday I'm in Love or Just Like Heaven.
The memories fade
And leave her eyes
Still seeing worlds that never were

Trust...

The Only one a few times it's also on a list in Belgium. It was on the radio for the first time at 20th of June.

The Freakshow still not  :x
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

psychophysio

Freakshow is being played on 95Bfm (www.95bfm.com) semi-regularly and I heard The Only One a couple of times on 99 FM The Rock here in Auckland, New Zealand. BFM is the student radio station so not surprising to hear it there. I haven't actually been into town to see if you can buy the singles though as I
got them online

Bloodflower

I don't listen to the radio anymore, but my brother knows The Only One. And as much as I'd like to take credit for that, it's cause the local radio station, 92.9 KJEE has been playing it at least a bit.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

revolt

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on July 05, 2008, 18:26:40
I dont listen to radio but I was talking with my friend a few months ago and she said she had heard The Only One on the radio a few times so I guess its getting played here  :smth023

A FEW MONTHS AGO and your friend had already heard "The Only One" on the radio a few times!? Somehow there's something in that sentence that just doesn't seem right...  :-D

Janko

The Only One gets a solid airplay in Serbia
I didn't hear Freakshow at all...

So, it's all good!
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

crowbi_wan

Here's a list from the Top 10 from Seattle's alternative station 107.7 KNDD.   

1) Snoop Dog - My Medicine
2) Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
3) Death Cab for Cutie - No Sunlight
4) The Airbourne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
5) Flobots - Handlebars
6) Coldplay - Viva La Vida
7) Everlast - Letters Home From the Garden of Stone
8) Nine Inch Nails - Discipline
9) Beck - Gamma Ray
10) Barcelona - It's About Time

Nothing from The Cure, but they are playing The Only One quite a bit.  Still haven't heard Freakshow.  Not that I mind  :P  With Sleep When I'm Dead being released this week, I'm going to get on the horn and start requesting it.   

japanesebaby

i never listen to the radio (i stopped listening years ago because they only played such crap and i've no reason to believe that has changed, so...).
i've no idea. haven't seen any cure listed anywhere here though.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

KingOfSomeIsland

Quote from: revolt on July 07, 2008, 10:41:26
Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on July 05, 2008, 18:26:40
I dont listen to radio but I was talking with my friend a few months ago and she said she had heard The Only One on the radio a few times so I guess its getting played here  :smth023

A FEW MONTHS AGO and your friend had already heard "The Only One" on the radio a few times!? Somehow there's something in that sentence that just doesn't seem right...  :-D

Sorry, I meant a few WEEKS ago :roll:
I should think before posting on the internets  8)

nosigner

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 13, 2008, 22:49:26
Here's a list from the Top 10 from Seattle's alternative station 107.7 KNDD.   

1) Snoop Dog - My Medicine
2) Katy Perry - I Kissed a Girl
3) Death Cab for Cutie - No Sunlight
4) The Airbourne Toxic Event - Sometime Around Midnight
5) Flobots - Handlebars
6) Coldplay - Viva La Vida
7) Everlast - Letters Home From the Garden of Stone
8) Nine Inch Nails - Discipline
9) Beck - Gamma Ray
10) Barcelona - It's About Time

lol, alternative station?
:-D