Zeitgeist: The Movie

Started by dsanchez, October 01, 2008, 22:22:26

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

A MUST documentary

"Zeitgeist, the Movie is a 2007 documentary film, produced by Peter Joseph about the Jesus myth hypothesis, the attacks of 9/11, and the Federal Reserve Bank as well as a number of conspiracy theories related to those three main topics.[3] It was released free online via Google Video in June 2007.[4] A remastered version was presented as a global premiere on November 10, 2007 at the 4th Annual Artivist Film Festival & Artivist Awards.[5] The film has attracted significant public interest.[6]"

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist,_the_Movie

Trailer

Watch the full documentary

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-594683847743189197&ei=C9vjSK_EKqf62wK-0JCdCw&q=zeitgeist&hl=es

Official website

http://www.zeitgeistmovie.com/

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

KingOfSomeIsland

Conspiracy theorists are always fun to listen to, I have only one question about this whole video... If the evil empire of the international bankers can be so easily defeated by people knowing the truth and the fact that they have complete control over everything already then how come this video exists and the people responsible for it are still alive?

Janko

Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on October 02, 2008, 19:47:22
Conspiracy theorists are always fun to listen to, I have only one question about this whole video... If the evil empire of the international bankers can be so easily defeated by people knowing the truth and the fact that they have complete control over everything already then how come this video exists and the people responsible for it are still alive?

Its bullshit. But fun to watch bullshit!
But still, I find 9/11 part quite offensive.

:smth011
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

KingOfSomeIsland

Quote from: Janko on October 02, 2008, 20:15:59
Quote from: KingOfSomeIsland on October 02, 2008, 19:47:22

Its bullshit. But fun to watch bullshit!
But still, I find 9/11 part quite offensive.

:smth011

The fun part about the 9/11 part is that if you look at the sources for that section you see that they are almost entirely other other 9/11 conspiracy videos and books!

dsanchez

what about the non-existence of God part?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

Quote from: Janko on October 02, 2008, 20:15:59
Its bullshit.

Quote from: Janko on October 01, 2008, 10:32:46
Quote from: dsanchez on September 26, 2008, 18:09:12
Zeitgeist: The Movie
Documentary about a) the origin of christian faith b) how american banks have seized worldpower at the beginning of the 20th century c) how these 2 items are related to the wars fought in the 20th and 21st century.

This movie is really stunningly effective!

But I don't believe a word...
It's just for the fans of conspiracy theories.
And plenty of the stuff in it is really offensive.

i haven't watched that movie all through yet, but i will (when i find 2 hours spare time!)...

but i peeked in a bit and i have to say the opening words of chögyam trungpa rinpoche in the beginning of the film are very true.
it's sad how people voluntarily want to escape the now by moving on to future or to past, therefore also clinging to images of heaven and hell and such things. how people deliberately want to confuse spirituality with religion.
this is a sign of being institutionalized (by religion).

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Didn't know there was a second part of Zeitgeist:

Zeitgeist - Addendum

Watch full movie here
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7065205277695921912&ei=EzoRS4P6NITS-Abt2LyNDA&q=zeitgeist+#

"Zeitgeist: Addendum premiered at the 5th Annual Artivist Film Festival in Los Angeles, California on October 2, 2008, winning their highest award. It was released free online on October 4, 2008.[18] Director Peter Joseph stated: "The failure of our world to resolve the issues of war, poverty, and corruption, rests within a gross ignorance about what guides human behavior to begin with. It addresses the true source of the instability in our society, while offering the only fundamental, long-term solution."[19]"

More info
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zeitgeist,_the_Movie#Zeitgeist:_Addendum
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

BUMP

Trust was recently talking about music as an industry to make money. Worth to take a look at this documentary (Zeitgeist - Addendum) as it talks about that: money.

"Part I follows on from Part III from the original film, citing the specific process of fractional-reserve banking as detailed in Modern Money Mechanics, released by the Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago. In detailing the process of so-called money creation in banks, the film suggests that society is manipulated into economic slavery through debt-based monetary policies by requiring individuals to submit for employment in order to pay off their debt."
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo