Sisters - World Tour 2009

Started by Druide, October 03, 2008, 08:28:16

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: dsanchez on May 16, 2009, 15:43:24
Quote from: japanesebaby on May 16, 2009, 14:51:09
i think 40 euros IS a pretty cheap ticket prize

I understand all the costs involved in the production of shows in southamerica, but for a country where the minimum salary is 100 euro, 40 euro will never be "cheap"

yes, i can understand that. and 80 euros would surely have been a complete rip-off, that's true - they probably would have had to cancel the whole thing pretty soon because of poor sales if they hadn't at least lowered the price. maybe they still have to, who knows.
i suppose it's a simply a rather unsolvable situation, trying to make the production costs meet the ability to pay over there. therefore it's maybe not a surprise so many bands don't often go on tour there.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 16, 2009, 15:49:53
yes, i can understand that. and 80 euros would surely have been a complete rip-off, that's true - they probably would have had to cancel the whole thing pretty soon because of poor sales if they hadn't at least lowered the price. maybe they still have to, who knows.
i suppose it's a simply a rather unsolvable situation, trying to make the production costs meet the ability to pay over there. therefore it's maybe not a surprise so many bands don't often go on tour there.

jesus and mary chains, robin guthrie, covenant, and one, clan of xymox, gene love gezebel, oasis, bjork, duran duran, travis, rem, radio dept, coco cielo, love lies crushing, soda stereo, camouflage, melotron, nitzer ebb...

lot of bands have passed for Lima... and I just wrote here above the ones I remember... but i have never hear the peope complain so much for a show as the sisters. the prices were just way too high.

40 euros is probably fair (because I hear Eldricht is the kind of artist interested more in money than anything else - and so he must ask a lot for a gig), fair, maybe. "pretty cheap", no way.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

but how much did oasis, björk, duran duran & co. ask per ticket? really less than 40 euros each?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 16, 2009, 16:05:57
but how much did oasis, björk, duran duran & co. ask per ticket? really less than 40 euros each?

besides bjork, there were really prices for all the pockets (in oasis for instance, the cheapest was like 5 euro)

the bjork show was as expensive as the sisters. but many people listen bjork and very few sisters of mercy. I mean, how many gothics are in Lima? perhaps 2000? and from these 2000 how many can really afford a 40 euro ticket?

also to notice, when the bjork concert had place, the taxes for concerts was very high. those taxes are not longer valid, that's why many people ask themselves why so high prices for the SoM show.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Druide

I think it's not a Sisters fault but it's the PROMOTER !!!! (as always)

:smth011

...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

Quote from: Druide on May 16, 2009, 19:02:02
I think it's not a Sisters fault but it's the PROMOTER !!!! (as always)

in this i have to agree with you. the promotor who organize this sucks. they have a bad reputation since the time they announced the whole The Mission and at the end there was only Wayne Husssey (2002). Of course we hear the groupe disbanded while in Brazil, but the promoter NEVER told the audience about this.

I pladed a poll asking if people will go to the concert with the newest "cheap" prices

http://listadark.com/con-los-nuevos-precios-para-el-concierto-de-sisters-mercy-%C2%BFiras-verlos

So far, people prefer use that money to buy best places for the DM concert :-D
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

terry

Quote from: dsanchez on May 16, 2009, 19:10:43

The Mission and at the end there was only Wayne Husssey (2002)

not a bad show, i have the video and Wayne drunk a lot

Druide

Quote from: terry on May 16, 2009, 23:18:32
Quote from: dsanchez on May 16, 2009, 19:10:43

The Mission and at the end there was only Wayne Husssey (2002)

not a bad show, i have the video and Wayne drunk a lot

Wayne : drunk ?????? really...are you sure...he drinks never...

:-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D :-D

:D
...Dancing in my pocket...

dsanchez

Setlist from sunday's show in Lima

The Sisters of Mercy
2009.06.07 Lima - Discoteca Vocé (Peru)

Setlist:

Afterhours (Intro)
Crash & Burn
Ribbons
Train/Detonation Boulevard
Alice
Flood I
Anaconda
Marian
Susanne
Arms
Giving Ground
Dominion/Mother Russia
Summer
First & Last & Always
This Corrosion
Flood II

Encore:

Romeo Down
Vision Thing
Lucretia
Top Nite Out
Temple Of Love

Different views about the concert, some says that sound was good, anothers says the contrary; some says it was a karaoke, anothers says it was a great concert; the promotor saying the VIP zone was sold out (I personally don't buy that one), others says it was not sold out.

In general looks like people who went enjoyed, as I can read and see in some youtube videos

Alice
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3ka233b5dY

There must be a video of this gig, I will contact my sources in Lima 8)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo