your wake up song?

Started by japanesebaby, December 03, 2008, 00:29:51

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

inspired by wish-man:
Also I turning on every day The Smiths & The Stone Roses to cheer up my mood. Usually it songs kinda  The Verve - Bitter Sweet Symphony, Happy Mondays - Tart Tart, Black Grape - Marbles etc. Sometimes its PIXIES happy songs.

http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,3268.msg58898.html#msg58898

what's your wake up song?
or, if not necessarily something right after waking up, then something you listen to before leaving to work/school/whatever it is you've got to be going/need doing?

mine keeps changing a lot. currently, the first song in my ipod playlist, when i walk out of the door and leave for work:

led zeppelin: rock and roll  :smth035

energizes me for the day.  :D

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Sussex

All Cats Are Grey as an alarm for me to wake up for these years.

and I listen to before leaving to work/school/whatever it is you've got to be going/need doing now :

Muse - Starlight! (As loud as possible)  :-D
"Thick As Shit"

japanesebaby

Quote from: Sussex on December 03, 2008, 09:35:07

that must be a nice atmospheric way to wake up, nice alarm indeed.
i need to have some sort of ugly/loud alarm, otherwise i don't notice anything and it might just lul myself back to sleep.  :smth015
(waking up in the morning is not what i'm best at ;).

Muse - Starlight! (As loud as possible)  :-D

:smth023

dsanchez

I guess it depends of the day. Today I played "Ceremony" by New Order and "Extreme ways" by Moby. No way you can lie on bed with those!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

I generally listen to a replay of the Howard Stern show on my commute to work.  I leave the house around 3:30am, so they are replaying the previous day's show at that time

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on December 03, 2008, 14:05:51
I generally listen to a replay of the Howard Stern show on my commute to work.  I leave the house around 3:30am, so they are replaying the previous day's show at that time

Ah, and I usually listen to Howard's replacement, Adam Corolla, out here on the west coast.  For actually waking up, I guess I'm pretty boring having just the sound of an alarm. 

kissingcrimson

hehe that's funny I sometimes wake up to Pixies songs  too, esp
"Monkey gone to heaven"

also 'Another day'- The Cure

have to drive- Amanda Palmer "we suffer mornings most of all"

'I'm in a carefully careless mess'

fiction

I love to start the days with almost any tune by of Montreal. Du og Meg is one I particullary likes that time of day.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: j on December 03, 2008, 14:05:51
I leave the house around 3:30am,

:eek: 

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 03, 2008, 15:16:04
For actually waking up, I guess I'm pretty boring having just the sound of an alarm. 

the same for me. i don't wake up at all unless there's some ugly annoying and loud alarm that leaves me no choice.
perhaps the thread subject would be better to be called "your morning energizer song" or something. that's what i sort of meant, what makes you really wake up after you've already woken up.

Sussex

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 03, 2008, 10:22:31

that must be a nice atmospheric way to wake up, nice alarm indeed.
i need to have some sort of ugly/loud alarm, otherwise i don't notice anything and it might just lul myself back to sleep.  :smth015
(waking up in the morning is not what i'm best at ;).

You are totally right about it jb, sometimes i didn't noticed the alarm and its finally being my lullaby for me to continue sleeping.haha
"Thick As Shit"

nausearockpig

I have been blaring a best of Jane's Addiction that I put together. they rock

Carnage Visor

The Gentrys - Keep On Dancing

Toyah - Brave New World

Tahiti - Charge You Up (from ''Real Ghostbusters'')

Imagination - Just An Illusion

alt.end

keane - spiralling - try it!!

japanesebaby

wish-man

Thank you japanesebaby for post quote of my post  :smth007 those songs are really great in the morning! :smth023

But my December song for some reason were a trance hit  :shock: : Deadmau5 - Ghosts N Stuff

January its: Neon Stereo Ft. Marcie - Love From Nothing

Em, I don't know whats happening to me, but it seems I'm in love with trance/house music since a while ago  :shock: too strange... I never get accustomed to it as never rated it as an sort of 'good music'...  :?

Story begins from Depeche Mode's Playing The Angel album and singles. I remember how I bought Lilian single and there was a song mixed by Paul Van Dyk (?) and it was amazing! I bought all singles from this album and was shocked how far Trance/House music is. It was a really big surprise for me! :P But then I stopped listening...

Then some time ago after i watched movie 'Its All Gone Pete Tong' I decided to start downloading Pete Tong's BBC Radio Sessions & Essentials. It was a great astonishment to discover absolutely new genre for ME! ouh guys I've taken a seat on it. Then in Summer I heard in one of Pete's Essentials song by Deadmau5 'Hi Friend!'. From that moment I don't stop listen to trance/house  :smth023

'IN NEW MUSIC WE TRUST'
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...