Depeche Mode - Tour of the Universe 2009

Started by dsanchez, December 25, 2008, 18:29:01

Previous topic - Next topic

nadia-domingos

I really admire martin lee gore. HE's genious..one of my fav artists after Robert Smith, for sure!
and i also love his singing.his voice is very dramatical and deep. i can cry listening to Home

GOING TO SEE THEM IS NOVEMBER. i always said "i cannot die without going to a Cure and DM concert"

:smth061
We all look so perfect as we all fall down...

dsanchez

Quote from: nadia-domingos on September 14, 2009, 14:58:28
I really admire martin lee gore. HE's genious..one of my fav artists after Robert Smith, for sure!
and i also love his singing.his voice is very dramatical and deep. i can cry listening to Home

GOING TO SEE THEM IS NOVEMBER. i always said "i cannot die without going to a Cure and DM concert"

Lisbon? will be there too
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Depeche Mode is already in Peru!

People are doing the queue 40 HOURS before the concert! (the concert is tomorrow)

Here is a video of the fans waiting outside the hotel where the band is staying

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Seems the biggest peruvian newspapper will broadcast part of the show

Show starts at 21h00 peruvian time: same time in east of USA, 04h00 in most european countries.

Have a look there in some hours!

http://elcomercio.pe/envivo/
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on October 14, 2009, 01:26:36

Show starts at 21h00 peruvian time: same time in east of USA, 04h00 in most european countries.

Thank you very much, Chile!

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/10/15/693894.aspx

:smth043

dsanchez

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 16, 2009, 06:08:51
Quote from: dsanchez on October 14, 2009, 01:26:36

Thank you very much, Chile!

http://www.pollstar.com/blogs/news/archive/2009/10/15/693894.aspx

:smth043

Yep, that's the problem when some people from the press (in Peru or Chile) don't understand english

Depeche Mode rep denies singer made slip in Peru
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5iwC197AQpc3sc5fErudf2TWHMDOwD9BBRLNO1
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nadia-domingos

IT WAS AMAZINGGG. i loved it so much.
Great Screening, Great set, great everything!

i'm so happy i was in the front row, it was really a fantastic concert. they are still one of the most best performers ever, one of the most best artist. that's why i love depeche mode so much :)

dsanchez

Yeah indeed, I was in the first row as well (right side), I almost could smell Dave ;)

Some pics from that incredible night

http://picasaweb.google.com/davidsanchezvasquez/ConcertDEPECHEMODE20091114Lisboa#
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

nadia-domingos

oh! that's so nice!
i was on left side, right in front of martin! :D

i'll post some pictures later :)

Trust...

Finally I'm gonna see them coming Saturday :rocker
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Trust...

Greetings to everyone
Live from Antwerp :rocker now Nitzer Ebb, next DM :)

japanesebaby

saw them last week. i'd like to say it was a great show but well, it was ok but nothing really awesome. ot boring but it all felt so much like a routine somehow. it was much better last time i saw them (4 years ago). actually it was not much different, lots of same songs played.

by the way, martin's guitar is being mixed just way too high, it made the sounds unnecessarily messy - the moment he went back behind the keyboards the sound became so much better. unfortunately they were only one or two songs where he did that. to my taste, he really should stop playing guitar in almost every song. i realized how much i miss the old more kraftwerk-ish DM.
some of the ewer arrangements just don't work really well, imo. 'in your room' (which should be great) sounded really energyless and dull (how come? :O), 'never let me down again' was a big let down too, because of the arrangement. a lot of people actually said the same after the show.
'world in my eyes' was good (partially because there was no guitar), one of the best moments musically. the new songs were ok but i don't find them such thrilling songs so hard to say i guess.

dave sounded good for the first half of the show, not so good during the second. but he still can keep the show going (even though i personally find it all a bit silly a lot of times now :P)

Depeche Mode 2010-02-02 Helsinki - World In My Eyes (Dave on the catwalk) [HD]

the best thing of the evening for me was the video of the raven on the screen during walking in my shoes', that was great:

Depeche Mode 2010-02-02 Helsinki - Walking In My Shoes [HD]

on the video, i like it around 0:53 where it looks like the giant bird looks like he's planning to bite dave's head off. :lol:

the support, nitzer ebb was well, simply dreadful. sorry. but it felt like they played the same song over and over again for over 45 minutes - i've never written so many sms during a concert as during their performance. :-P
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Trust...

Quote from: japanesebaby on February 08, 2010, 23:30:00
the support, nitzer ebb was well, simply dreadful. sorry. but it felt like they played the same song over and over again for over 45 minutes - i've never written so many sms during a concert as during their performance. :-P

I had the same feeling. I guess it was the same 45 min during song that played in Belgium  :lol: I was writing my message here on curefans.com to pass the time and I never saw so good and much the roof from the
Antwerp Sportpaleis  :roll:

For me it was the first time I saw Depeche Mode and maybe my expectation was too high... but it didn't "touch" me really. And strange but true I enjoyed the part, where Martin was singing, the most  :?

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Saw them during this tour in Los Angeles, CA & it was awesome  :smth023
I had only wished I was sitting closer but I still managed to get decent pics & some videos.
Pics on my Flicker (link in my Just Joined post in the welcome section & videos I took on my Youtube (tigeroo25)  :-D :smth023

japanesebaby

Quote from: Trust... on February 09, 2010, 21:23:11
Quote from: japanesebaby on February 08, 2010, 23:30:00

I had the same feeling. I guess it was the same 45 min during song that played in Belgium  :lol:

maybe they don't know any other songs. :P

Quote from: Trust... on February 09, 2010, 21:23:11
For me it was the first time I saw Depeche Mode and maybe my expectation was too high... but it didn't "touch" me really. And strange but true I enjoyed the part, where Martin was singing, the most  :?

that's surely reason to be worried haha

i think they suffer from the same as the cure (and many other "older" bands), they don't have quite the same momentum in the songs anymore. some songs are just dragging in tempo, not really rolling like they used to.
for instance 'never let me down again' was a real disappointment for me because of that.
for instance:

Depeche Mode - Never Let Me Down Again - Live @ Malmö Arena, Malmö, Sweden 2010/01/25

even in 2006 it was still a lot lot better, not actually any faster but more relaxed, more going forward:

DEPECHE MODE "NEVER LET ME DOWN AGAIN" Live in Milan 2006

but oh well, they are old too.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine