Really Wrong Number

Started by fiction, January 18, 2009, 20:49:01

Previous topic - Next topic

fiction

Today, just a few minutes ago, modern technology played a trick on me. For the first time I put on the four-track version of Wrong Number (with The Cure) in my pc (I rarely play music by my pc) and my eyes widened when the icon of the record was Sommerstones Wrong Number. It happened to be that way that they to released a four-track single with different mixes of their Wrong Number (rap, vocals, remix and instrumental). But why, in the name of :smth059 is it that cover that represents Cures Wrong Number?

Anyone else been down that track?
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on January 18, 2009, 20:49:01
when the icon of the record was Sommerstones Wrong Number.

what icon do you mean? sounds like it depends on what software you're using to play the music(?).

i play music a lot with my computer but i never play it with itunes etc. (that i assume might display some icons like that?). i use some media players which never display any icons for albums anyway - so i guess i'm pretty clueless of what you're talking about.  :-D
(which also makes my post a bit useless, i know).
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 19, 2009, 00:16:28

what icon do you mean? sounds like it depends on what software you're using to play the music(?).

Oh I just took it via Windows Media Player. And it´s supposed to be connected to a number of various record retailer sites and sites such as AMG.

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on January 19, 2009, 10:29:52
Quote from: japanesebaby on January 19, 2009, 00:16:28

Oh I just took it via Windows Media Player. And it´s supposed to be connected to a number of various recors retailer sites and sites such as AMG.

now that i think of it, i do remember getting all sorts of silly album descriptions for some unofficial live recordings with itunes when it tries to find descriptions from gracenote.
it's pretty funny. i just don't use itunes anymore so i'd forgotten the whole thing.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on January 19, 2009, 18:15:13
it's pretty funny.

Yeah it is! Truly. Today, inspired by yesterdays news, I put in the three-track single of The 13th (two chord cool mix) in order to put together a fresh b-side cd, and all the lettering were in japanese. Really cooool.

AStaticWhiteSound

A lot of times the media players just don't have the right info in their servers or whatever, so it comes up wrong, lol.
A charcoal face bites my hand... My Cure guitar and bass covers

fiction

Quote from: AStaticWhiteSound on January 19, 2009, 20:27:11
A lot of times the media players just don't have the right info in their servers or whatever, so it comes up wrong, lol.

Yeah, but I think it was pretty amazing that another totally different band made a four track single with four different mixes of their totally own Wrong Number. :smth035