4:13 Dream/ The Dark Side

Started by Simon, May 20, 2009, 12:02:35

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon

So last year there were some rumours that The Cure would release 4:13 Dream as a double album, mixing the poppy happy songs with the more doomy gloomy stuff.
Unfortunately it didn't happen... But, Mr. Smith said in an interview that there might be a chance of seing the dark album to be released this year, in 2009.

But so far, no info by The Cure has been given about the dark album. Does anyone know anything about this?

I mean, I was a bit disappointed last year.. I was looking forward to some of the darker Cure stuff again.
The further we go and older we grow
The more we know the less we show.

GreenGhost

god i've been wondering this as well.  I really hope he was serious...i've heard no word though.
and the past is taunting
fear of ghosts
is forcing me apart

www.chimneysweeprecords.com

Simon

Quote from: GreenGhost on May 28, 2009, 21:39:03
god i've been wondering this as well.  I really hope he was serious...i've heard no word though.

Well, I downloaded the "4 Cure Memorial Weekend Interview" which included a really nice interview with mr. Smith himself. In the interview he actually talked a little bit about the darker side of 4:13 Dream..

He said that he felt a bit uneasy about the fact that they weren't allowed to release 4:13 as a double album, which I kinda agree to, but I don't think he's doing nothing at the moment..

Now, I read in an earlier interview (can't remember the exact one right now..) that The Cure were working on a 30th Anniversary dvd to come out this year.. Celebrating the fact that they have been going on for 30 years! He also mentioned that he was working on deluxe editions of Disintegration, Mixed Up, Wish, WMS and Bloodflowers.

So... let's see what they release this year! I'm sure they're gonna release something simply breathtaking!!  :D Don't ya think?!

*post edited by the staff: please read our audio policy, please do not post links to sites that have mp3s/other lossy audio downloads for the cure.

The further we go and older we grow
The more we know the less we show.