Author Topic: 2009-04-19 Indio 'Coachella' Multicam DVD  (Read 3938 times)

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
2009-04-19 Indio 'Coachella' Multicam DVD
« on: September 15, 2009, 03:13:20 »
http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=265172

The Cure
19th April 2009
Indio, CA
Empire Polo Fields
Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival

TO ALL OUR FRIENDS OUT THERE :
THIS IS A "TEAM" - PROJECT

NTSC MULTICAM AUDIENCE DVD WITH MATRIX AUDIO

VIDEO :
SOURCE 1 : SONY DCR-SR42 + SONY DCR-SR62 VIDEO MASTER RECORDED BY JLW
SOURCE 2 : SONY DCR-S47 VIDEO MASTER (4:3 CONVERTED TO 16:9) RECORDED BY LF
SOURCE 3 : ADDITIONAL VIDEO CLIPS FOR TRACKS 1 -3; 7 - 11; 13 AND 22 - 31
RECORDED / PROVIDED BY REV. HERON

AUDIO : 3- SOURCE MATRIX MIX

AUDIO MATRIX MIX
DONE BY SZ

4:3 TO 16:9 LF VIDEO CONVERSION, AUDIO / VIDEO EDIT, MULTICAM MIX,
AUDIO / VIDEO RESYNCING, DVD AUTHORING, ARTWORK
DONE BY AO IN SEPTEMBER 2009

DVD SPECIFICATIONS :

VIDEO : NTSC / 16:9/ AVERAGE BITRATE 4800 kbps (Max 5800, Min 2000)
AUDIO : ac3 384 kbps

Running time : 170:53 min

THIS IS A FAN PROJECT . PLEASE RESPECT THE BAND AND BUY THEIR CDs, DVDs
AND MERCHANDISE . THIS DVD IS NOT FOR SALE AND NOT MEANT TO BE CONVERTED TO ANY LOSSY FORMAT

TRACKS :

DVD 1 114:19 MIN
01 UNDERNEATH THE STARS
02 PRAYERS FOR RAIN
03 A STRANGE DAY
04 ALT.END
05 THE END OF THE WORLD
06 LOVESONG
07 TO WISH IMPOSSIBLE THINGS
08 PICTURES OF YOU
09 LULLABY
10 FROM THE EDGE OF THE DEEP GREEN SEA
11 THE PERFECT BOY
12 WRONG NUMBER
13 PUSH
14 INBETWEEN DAYS
15 JUST LIKE HEAVEN
16 PRIMARY
17 SHAKE DOG SHAKE
18 THE HUNGRY GHOST
19 DISINTEGRATION
20 ONE HUNDRED YEARS
21 IT´S OVER
DVD CREDITS

DVD 2 56:34 MIN
22 IF ONLY TONIGHT WE COULD SLEEP
23 THE KISS

24 AT NIGHT
25 M
26 PLAY FOR TODAY
27 A FOREST

28 THREE IMAGINARY BOYS
29 FIRE IN CAIRO
30 BOYS DON´T CRY
31 JUMPING SOMEONE ELSE`S TRAIN / GRINDING HALT
DVD CREDITS

E N J O Y !!! A O S E P T E M B E R 2009

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
Re: 2009-04-19 Indio 'Coachella' Multicam DVD
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2009, 03:16:03 »
 :shock:  Looking at the names of the people involved, I'm pretty much amazed this, or at least this version was released.

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2009, 08:06:55 »
well, too bad that it has an matrix audio made by "the dick" and that it's a 3-cam production instead of the best one cam footage with one audio source.
and that they put 170 minutes on one dvd - which means LP quality encoded with some standalone.

but hey maybe the "common dimeusers" (a term by the dick&co., not by me) don't deserve anything more.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
« Reply #3 on: September 15, 2009, 08:27:41 »
well, too bad that it has an matrix audio made by "the dick" and that it's a 3-cam production instead of the best one cam footage with one audio source.
and that they put 170 minutes on one dvd - which means LP quality encoded with some standalone.

but hey maybe the "common dimeusers" (a term by the dick&co., not by me) don't deserve anything more.

:roll:

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2009, 08:36:59 »

yes yes yes, how dare i complain when the mighty dick & friends share? well, i just have enough reasons and you know that.

but leaving all that aside and speaking of it from the technical point of view only: let's face it, it simply isn't ideal to stuff 170 on one dvd, i only wish people wouldn't do that. i mean you yourself have said how dream tour shows on one dvd is just not ideal - this is of pretty similar length here. what i mean is that if someone bothers to go through 3-cam editing (which is a lot of work), then why overcompress the result?

but the dear dick and his friends need not to worry: i'm not even downloading. :)

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
« Reply #5 on: September 15, 2009, 08:48:19 »

yes yes yes, how dare i complain when the mighty dick & friends share? well, i just have enough reasons and you know that.

but leaving all that aside and speaking of it from the technical point of view only: let's face it, it simply isn't ideal to stuff 170 on one dvd, i only wish people wouldn't do that. i mean you yourself have said how dream tour shows on one dvd is just not ideal - this is of pretty similar length here. what i mean is that if someone bothers to go through 3-cam editing (which is a lot of work), then why overcompress the result?

but the dear dick and his friends need not to worry: i'm not even downloading. :)

Why can't you just be grateful this was shared? I mean you were just asking about the status not too long ago.  Furthermore, you always speak up when projects like this from other bands, quickly pointing out how this sort of thing never happens in Cure circles.  Sorry, I just find it a bit sad and tiresome to read.  Personally, I don't think the quality is bad at all.  I only skimmed through a few songs, but it easily watchable and much better than several Cure DVDs in circulation.   

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #6 on: September 15, 2009, 09:23:56 »
yes, i asked about the fate of this project, that's true. that doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to say what i think about the result/about the way it was done. just because i asked about it does not mean i have to be singing praises when just something is released. i seriously don't understand why anyone would bother making a 3-cam mix and then not to choose high quality encoding for it. as simple as that.

and well, if you find what i was saying sad: i'll just say that maybe i always find it weird that you get so defenseful about "the team", even though you very well know all the crap they've pulled against several sharing people on this forum. but nevermind. 
what i originally posted was my opinion, doesn't have to be yours - so why shouldn't i say mine aloud? and why would your opinion be anymore "true" than mine?
if you like that production, it's fine. just enjoy it and be happy.

Offline crowbi_wan

• Curefan Master
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2009, 09:34:25 »
yes, i asked about the fate of this project, that's true. that doesn't mean i shouldn't be allowed to say what i think about the result/about the way it was done. just because i asked about it does not mean i have to be singing praises when just something is released. i seriously don't understand why anyone would bother making a 3-cam mix and then not to choose high quality encoding for it. as simple as that.

and well, if you find what i was saying sad: i'll just say that maybe i always find it weird that you get so defenseful about "the team", even though you very well know all the crap they've pulled against several sharing people on this forum. but nevermind. 
what i originally posted was my opinion, doesn't have to be yours - so why shouldn't i say mine aloud? and why would your opinion be anymore "true" than mine?
if you like that production, it's fine. just enjoy it and be happy.

I'm not defending the team, just tired of the complaining.  Nothing is ever good enough for you.  I will enjoy it, just like many other fans that have downloaded it. 

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #8 on: September 15, 2009, 09:42:15 »
nothing's ever good enough for me - not true. i've posted thanks for MANY shared recordings and videos with sincerity and enjoyed then a lot. sorry but i find it a bit cheap for you to say that, as if i never appreciated anything that people shared. sorry but that's pretty unfair to say. :roll:  
take it easy and calm down. if i don't enjoy something that doesn't mean noone else can either. i've NEVER said that, have i? i've clearly used the words "my opinion".
so, why you get all fired up and defenseful because i pointed out some technical things for instance. i know that you want to defend the guy who uploaded this for your own reasons, regardless of what it was that was shared. but i am not you, so why can't i have my opinion on things? i never said you should agree with me so i don't see what the problem here is.

Offline lostflower4

• Curefan Master
    • The Imaginary Lemurs Cure Site
« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2009, 09:49:11 »
This is a dual layer DVD (6.33 GB).

As for how good it is, I have no idea. I'll dare to say that I suspect it may not be as good as it looks in writing.

Ok, I've probably spoken some blasphemy here.  :eek:

To be honest, I'm just not as thrilled about audience videos as I used to be.

Offline japanesebaby

• Curefan Master
« Reply #10 on: September 15, 2009, 10:03:54 »
This is a dual layer DVD (6.33 GB).

As for how good it is, I have no idea. I'll dare to say that I suspect it may not be as good as it looks in writing.

Ok, I've probably spoken some blasphemy here.  :eek:

To be honest, I'm just not as thrilled about audience videos as I used to be.

ok so i obviously missed that piece of info, i admit that. still the bitrate isn't too high but whatever, everyone can check for himself. 
nevertheless i'm not thrilled of the cure sharing/trading scene anymore (and a lot of thanks for this goes to "the team") ,so i don't really care that much.

but maybe the mighty team of "the dick and his friends" will now finally give copies of some of their other "NO TRADE" matrixes & other fab releases to the dime members who have contributed to their super-über secret NO TRADE projects; i.e. projects (part of the material for which the team has grabbed from dime, used it in their projects against the uploaders' wishes and just told the uploaders to shut up and piss off when they asked about these secret projects).
looking forward to that happening...

so i'm sorry if i'm just not keen on those guys and their attempts (like here) obviously to make themselves look like some sort of martyrs with their "the dick and his friends" kind of posts.

Offline jbud1980

• Curefan Elite Member
  • Coolfan
  • Radio will be a thing of the past...
« Reply #11 on: September 15, 2009, 23:20:02 »

Why can't you just be grateful this was shared? I mean you were just asking about the status not too long ago.  Furthermore, you always speak up when projects like this from other bands, quickly pointing out how this sort of thing never happens in Cure circles.  Sorry, I just find it a bit sad and tiresome to read.  Personally, I don't think the quality is bad at all.  I only skimmed through a few songs, but it easily watchable and much better than several Cure DVDs in circulation.   

i don't understand this tech talk. can someone please translate?   :smth017