Sync issues

Started by j, October 14, 2005, 08:29:58

Previous topic - Next topic

j

One more DVD related question.  I downloaded 2 episodes of a TV show.  Both files play perfectly on my PC, but when I burn them to DVD, the sound is about 1-2 seconds out of sync.  I re-burned the DVD assuring that Nero 6 had the audio settings on automatic, but the same problem occurred.  Any suggestions?

lostflower4

Hmmm... Sounds like you're having a heck of a time. :twisted:

What format are they in before you make your DVD? Do you have to convert something, or are you burning straight from Nero?

Everybody and their dog seems to use Nero for DVD burning, but I never do. There are better programs out there in my opinion...

Once I know about the formats you're using maybe I can provide a better answer.

j

I'll take a look when I get home, but I am fairly certain it is vob

j

I was incorrect, as usual.  They are .avi.  133 kbps bit rate, mpeg layer 3 audio format, data rate 141 kbps, frame rate 23 frames per second, and DVIX compression.  I burn it straight from the folder to dvd, no conversion.  Any ideas?

lostflower4

Quote from: jI was incorrect, as usual.  They are .avi.  133 kbps bit rate, mpeg layer 3 audio format, data rate 141 kbps, frame rate 23 frames per second, and DVIX compression.  I burn it straight from the folder to dvd, no conversion.  Any ideas?

Well, I can tell you for sure that there is conversion going on in the process. You can't just burn an AVI file to DVD. It must become MPEG-2 at some point, whether Nero is telling you so or not.

Again, I think Nero is overrated, so let me send you a little "tool" here in a bit.