Morrisey gets hit by a bottle and quit the concert

Started by dsanchez, November 11, 2009, 22:09:44

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

fiction

Quote from: dsanchez on November 11, 2009, 22:09:44
During Liverpool's show some days ago...

Thoughts?

Well I don´t like people throwing bottles towards the stage but if it can put an end to a concert with Morrissey it may well be worth the effort.
again and again and again and again and again and...

lostflower4

Quote from: fiction on November 11, 2009, 23:15:10

Thoughts?

Well I don´t like people throwing bottles towards the stage but if it can put an end to a concert with Morrissey it may well be worth the effort.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Well, similar things have happened with The Cure, just one example being the South America 1987 concerts. People were really out of control at those shows, and throwing stuff up on stage. Robert got upset about it, and maybe the band would have stopped altogether if it continued on and on. But Robert obviously had more patience than many other artists.

As for the GNR incident, I've seen that... Kind of funny in a way, because everyone and their dog has a camera these days. But Axl still continues to perform. Hmmmm...

dsanchez

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 12, 2009, 00:12:39
Well, similar things have happened with The Cure, just one example being the South America 1987 concerts. People were really out of control at those shows, and throwing stuff up on stage.

I wouldnt generalize :) That happened only in Buenos Aires. The shows in Brazil happened without any incidents.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

:smth044
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

too bad the video has been removed.

Thoughts?

:smth043

btw i was in münich when morrissey was performing there (see attachment) - maybe i should have gone and continued the fine tradition and put an end of that show? ;)
ok just joking. besides i wouldn't bother paying for seeing him - maybe i could have just cut the electricity from the venue instead. :-P

Quote from: lostflower4 on November 12, 2009, 00:12:39
Well, similar things have happened with The Cure, just one example being the South America 1987 concerts. People were really out of control at those shows, and throwing stuff up on stage. Robert got upset about it, and maybe the band would have stopped altogether if it continued on and on. But Robert obviously had more patience than many other artists.

the crowds there were really out of control. i think the most awful thing was that they had sell too may tickets and everyone couldn't fit inside the stadium and when people outside realized that, they started rioting on the streets. one guy was told to get killed - a guy who didn't even have aything to do with the whole thing, just someone selling something on a small stand by the street. :(
and why? because of some rock concert. :roll:

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine