Looking for a description of this "Boys Don't Cry"

Started by natnohan, December 17, 2009, 01:36:21

Previous topic - Next topic

natnohan

I am brand new to this site and would very much appreciate some help.  I have a version of "Boy's Don't Cry" that I am trying to identify.  It is described as the original 12" version and is 5:11 in length.  I would like to know what the original sleeve looked like and when it was released.  I will send it to anyone that may be able to help me identify.  Thank you in advance.

dsanchez

The version you're talking about is the Extended 12'' Dance Version from the Boys Don't cry (New voice - Club Mix) maxi released in june 1986.

http://www.discogs.com/Cure-Boys-Dont-Cry-New-Voice-Club-Mix/release/234884
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

natnohan

Thank you for your quick reply.  Eventho the version I have is shorter?  They are still the same?

dsanchez

Quote from: natnohan on December 17, 2009, 01:45:10
Thank you for your quick reply.  Eventho the version I have is shorter?  They are still the same?

Is your version this one?

Boys Don't Cry (12" Extended Version) The Cure

If the answer is YES, then is the same version. I don't know why one is longer than the other, thought.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

natnohan

And, where can I download the version you have mentioned to see if they are the same?

natnohan

They are not the same.  Is there a way I can send my version to you?  I am fairly new to downloading and have been searching for this for 2 days.

dsanchez

The version I'm talking about is the same version I pointed in the YouTube. I don't know of another 12'' version.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: natnohan on December 17, 2009, 01:53:38
They are not the same.  Is there a way I can send my version to you?  I am fairly new to downloading and have been searching for this for 2 days.

I've got your version on my mailbox. Yes, they're not the same version. The one I pointed out in the YouTube video is the original 12'' version by The Cure. The one you sent me must be a version from someone based on the 12'' version. Is not an official version, for sure.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo