Is this true...

Started by Underneath the Stars, October 06, 2010, 05:43:18

Previous topic - Next topic

Underneath the Stars

I heard on another Cure site that every fan stops being a fan once every four years...is that true?

wish-man

Yes.  :roll: But one day you'll wake up and start collecting their music, clothes, vinyls etc. over again  :smth020 It happens itself, I'm telling you  :lol:
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

dsanchez

What do you mean by "stop being a fan"? I think I have been a fan since about 1992, so that's about 18 years now. Of course there were times where I was more "fanatic" and another times I was less passionated, maybe because I didn't have much time or because I was more interested in other bands (in certain part of my life I was more interested in Slowdive and Pink Floyd than The Cure). I think in general is hard to keep the same intensity for things we do/like in life for a long period of time.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

A true fan is a fan at all times I guess, but I do belief that there are periods in your life with less "being a fan-time"
In my case I was 14 years old and I was listening to The Cure , The Sisters of Mercy , Joy Division, The Mission, ... with posters in my room from all the bands above, I loved all the music on a equal level that time, but The Cure was always "that" much more to me, I had a few cd's and casettes and also live recording stuff ... and I was wishing a lot off times that I loved to see a concert of them .... then you grow up, husband, kids, job, ... and weird but then I forgot a few years my favourite music.
And at one day I was sitting in the car with my husband and it was the song from Da Hype on the radio ... and I thought wow that's Robert Smith who is singing, they still exist ... I searched on the net, bought the last records, went to my first gig ... and since that day I'm addicted to there music until ... end off my days.
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x