Who are you? Introduce yourself here!

Started by dsanchez, July 13, 2005, 22:37:25

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

My name is David Sanchez and I am 27 years old still - will become 28 next month, 20th august ;). I am not married, but I have my girlfriend since about 3 years now.

I am a big Cure fan since 1993. I remember watching the Orange and Play out videos again and again and again. "The Big Hand" and "Push" have been and are my favourites songs since then.

I live in Lima, a city with nearly 10 million inhabitants. My country, Per?, it's also the third largest country in southamerica (equal to France, Spain and Portugal in surface, comparing). The most famous destination we have is Machupicchu, and old Inca's citadelle. The legend says Robert Smith have been here doing tourism, but no-one could confirm this...

I had the chance to see The Cure in Hamburg 2002. It has been without any doubt one of the happiest days of my life. A little review (in spanish) about this concert can be viewed here:
http://blog.pucp.edu.pe/item/35/catid/19

Anothers bands I love very much are Slowdive, The Church, Pink Floyd and Clan of Xymox. I am into gothic, new wave, shoegazing, synthpop and I hate latin music and rap  :evil:

My favourite film is "The Shawshank Redemption" and my favourite writter is Marques de Sade ;)

I love travelling, I have been four times in europe. My favourite country there are Belgium and Slovakia.

That's me!

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Anonymous

My name is Erik, I'm nearly 33, and have been a big fan since Standing on a Beach.... Actually, more like 1989, which really converted me.  I also started dating my girlfriend that year, and she is now my wife for ten years!  We saw the band play in my home city - Ottawa, Canada that first summer together, and since then in 1992 (Toronto), 1996 (Montreal) and 2000 (Toronto).

Now we have two children, and they are the biggest love of my life.  I work as a doctor, which takes up far too much of my time!   I know no other cure fans in person anymore, but the internet has helped kep the interest alive.  I also like bjork, dead can dance, r.e.m, etc...

heixiao

Hey everybody !!

Nice to meet you, my name is Maxime, i'm french, i'm 22 years old, i come from Lille (in the north of France). Right now, i'm a student in Texas, that's very cool and in one month i'm going back home and i will move to Poitiers (middle west of France).

Anyway, like all of us i love the cure. I have discovered them in 1996. I don't know what is my favorite album but the ones i listen the less are Japanese Whispers and The Top (i don't say that i don't like them but i'm always more impressed when i listen the others...). I've seen them 2 times on the Dream Tour in France and in Belgium and i really want to see Porl Thompson in live... I listen as well Radiohead, Depeche Mode, U2, Nada Surf, Kent... and some cool french artists (Air, Daran, Miossec, Dominique A, Tiersen, Noir Desir...).

I love music, be with my "rock'n'roll" friends and have fun as long as possible !!!!

see ya'll !!!  :wink:
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

Tristan Berlin

I have to make a supplement.  :wink:

My first Cure-live-experience was in Berlin 2000. Next Concerts were Glauchau, Germany (Woodstage-Festival 2002) and the incredible Concert in Hamburg in 2002. Someday I would like to visit a cure concert outside of Germany, maybe in France or England because the setlists are sometimes better or a little bit different.
My favourite Cure-Periods are 1984 and 1992. I think 1992 was the Climax of the Cure-History. They never sounded better.  :o
Other Bands I like are MUSE (they are amazing) ,Coldplay, U2, Mylene Farmer (she is so beautiful  :oops: ) and many more.

to be continued....

Cheers, Tr#  :D

mr_pink_eyes_

My name is Alan (a.k.a Mr. Pinkeyes)... have 19 years old. I live in Chiapas (is a state of mexico). I've been listening The Cure since '98.
i love the draw, i am student...
is all for this moment jejeje

thanks!

atte. mr. pink eyes
[b]Visítame en:[/b]
Web / Blog / Facebook / Twitter

Anonymous

Thanks for sending me the link to this site! I am downloading the Bremen and Buenos Aires shows even as I type.
I live in the USA and have been a Cure fan since I was a teenager and I am 33 now, so that's a long time! My favorite CD is Disintegration but I love them all. I have only started collecting Cure shows recently because I didn't have high-speed internet until a couple of months ago, but I have been amazed by the generosity and kindness of Cure fans in sharing the music.
I only have seen them live once, last summer on the Curiosa tour, but it was a perfect experience and definitely "my happiest night"!

Plainsong

And the above post was me because I wasn't logged in properly.
Obviously I should not post and drink wine at the same time! :wink:

meetyou

Hi, my name is Armando, I'm from Mexico City, I hear the cure since 1990, my other favourites bands are: Siouxsie & The Banshees, Pulp, The Smiths and Suede
It's just the way I smile, you said !!

heixiao

Welcome guys !!  :D  :D  :D
Feel free to post...[/quote]
Movement, no movement, just a falling bird

lostflower4

My name is Caley. I'm 25 years old and single. I live a couple miles outside of Sioux City, Iowa, USA ? a town of about 100,000 people. Iowa is about right in the middle of the United States, part of the "Midwest" ? a region of the country that The Cure seems to systematically avoid coming to!  :evil:  The closest they've ever come is Minneapolis, Minnesota (about 5 hours away). They used to play there almost every tour starting in 1984 (Boris' first show), but they stopped coming after I saw them there on the Swing Tour in '96 (this is for download on my web site). Now they only come to Chicago - about 9 hours away!

There are a lot of farms and stuff like that here, but it's not all like that. Country music and blues are very popular here, but more recently lots of famous rock acts have started to come here. We're not all a bunch of hicks like some people may think, but it's definitely not the most interesting place to live. I live in the country and have very few neighbors, so it is very quiet here, which I really like.

I discovered The Cure when I was 12 years old while on vacation in Florida during the summer of '92. I didn't have cable at home, so I stayed in the hotel room a lot of the time watching MTV while my parents were out enjoying the beach. Friday I'm In Love was extremely popular at the time, and the video seemed to come on just about every hour. The first few times I thought, "What a bunch of weirdos! What is this crap? That guy looks like a clown!" Then after a few more times I actually listened to the music and realized how good it was. I think that taught me a good lesson in not judging people by the way they look! Very soon I bought Wish and fell in love with it. A while later Show came out, and that's when I realized that everything they did was good. It wasn't long until I bought all of their official albums and became obsessed!  

I like just about all types of music except country, blues, and polka. Some of my favorite bands include Nirvana, The Beatles, Kent, U2, Van Halen, and all kinds of other '80s and early '90s rock/pop type stuff. I know this is probably atypical for a Cure fan! Just recently I've really gotten into Siouxsie and the Banshees. I also enjoy classical, trance, and even some rap.  

I started playing guitar when I was 7, but really got serious about it when I was 15. I've learned so much about music from The Cure, definitely my biggest influence. Robert Smith is a genius! I used to be in a band a few years back. We recorded a couple albums and did a few live shows, but we had a hard time staying together.

Well, I guess I wrote more than I planned, so I'll leave it at that for now!  :D

lostflower4

Quote from: rdruiz8

I used to be the webmaster of cure-closetomex site (don't know if anyone here knew the site)

Rodrigo,

I discovered your site (I can't remember how) about a couple weeks before it mysteriously diseappeared. I would check back from time to time, but of course with no luck. Now I know why!

Best of luck on your new site. You had some really cool stuff on the old one. Hope you didn't get in trouble for hosting mp3's ? some web services are really against that kind of thing.   :x

Anyways, welcome to the site!  :D

rdruiz8

Thanks Caley!!

I'm glad to hear that you liked my former site.  :D
I've visited your site and I think it's great!!
Indeed I had problems because of the mp3 files :x
Right now I don't have too much time to design a new site but when I do it I'll let you know 8)

Thank you for letting me be part of this!!!
i'm running out of time i'm out of step and
closing down

arielcc

Hi i am ariel from peru, i have been invited to join this forum by mail, so i am here now !

i tried to find a way to share some shows i have collected over the years!!  so here it is:

30 05 1980 Hannover Rotation Germany

http://s22.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=1BPDN2FB1J3EC044NMUJITYNM5

i dont know how many days it will be available for download so let me know so i can try to upload i again or try with another show!!

bye
Ariel

Tristan Berlin

Hey, welcome at Curefans.com and thanks a lot for the link. Hope you enjoy the forum. See you.  :lol:

Cheers, Tr#

meetyou

Gracias Ariel por el link, y bienvenido, veo que eres del Per? esperamos verte en el foro en espa?ol que existe, para hacer mas grande la comunidad en espa?ol saludos desde M?xico !!!
It's just the way I smile, you said !!