Porl Thompson to play Bestival?

Started by dsanchez, June 04, 2011, 19:23:32

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

I guess I will highlight this info by creating a new topic. According to HaloCure (who met Robert in Australia), it seems Porl will be back with the band for the Bestival. If he does I am not sure if he is coming back just for that event or as permant member of The Cure as he was until Coachella. We will see. Below the original comment from Trust about this:

Quote from: Trust... on June 02, 2011, 22:31:37
According off what Halo Cure (Rev Heron) wrote on her facebook ... she spoke to Robert and he confirmed that Porl shall be part off the line-up @ Bestival
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Clarification from HaloCure (she wrote this in YouTube, reply to the Charlotte Sometimes Sydney video):

"I did not say that Porl was coming back for Bestival. I said I would bring a book for him IF he's there. Please don't blow this up and take my words out of context. I told Jason I would bring one for him and one for Porl. I'm HOPING he will be there to get it. There is NO official word whatsoever about the Bestival lineup, especially not from me!! Thanks"

Vicky?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

HaloCure

I figured out my login - thank goodness.

I wrote this on Chain of Flowers, and basically the same exact statement on Facebook:

"Simon also got a book for his birthday, that's the one that Paivi is holding. I also promised Jason that I would bring ones for him and for Porl to Bestival :D"

This was never meant as a confirmation of Porl being there or not, and Jason didn't respond that he would or wouldn't be there either.  I'm sorry if this is getting people worked up.

dsanchez

Quote from: HaloCure on June 05, 2011, 07:51:58
This was never meant as a confirmation of Porl being there or not, and Jason didn't respond that he would or wouldn't be there either.

Hello HaloCure! Thank you for your time to answer and clarify this topic. Well, the festival is in three months so I guess we will just have to wait to see what the line-up changes are, if there are any. Really curious about that. Cheers.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Thanks for the clarification HaloCure! :smth023

So...let's wait and see as usually!!!! :D

ps: Your pic with Robert is beautiful!!! ;) :smth060

Cheers by Dalila. :)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Trust...

OMG , sorry guys for this misunderstanding, I guess I was to excited about reading anything about Porl and Bestival ;)
So David Thanks anyway for creating this topic and HaloCure nice to see you here :)
I am so happy for you that you could be that close to the band, great pictures !!!
And about Porl we shall know it soon.
See you @ Bestival HaloCure!
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

scatcat

Quote from: Lady on June 05, 2011, 11:34:27
ps: Your pic with Robert is beautiful!!! ;) :smth060

Cheers by Dalila. :)

Just wondering where these photos you are mentioning are? I would love to see them..

scatcat :smth020
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

DOH! I think I found them on CoF.. ?? this right?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

scatcat

Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Trust...

Quote from: HaloCure on June 05, 2011, 07:51:58

"Simon also got a book for his birthday, that's the one that Paivi is holding. I also promised Jason that I would bring ones for him and for Porl to Bestival :D"

Was nice meeting you Halo Cure :) You confirmed me that Jason has also a book now, Porl wasn't there :( where is his book now? Still with you or did you leave it there for him?
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x