Do you reckon this is a good introductory playlist to The Cure?

Started by DeanLovesTheCure, June 05, 2011, 05:48:20

Previous topic - Next topic

DeanLovesTheCure

Hi everybody! I'm still getting over the dream that was seeing The Cure on 31st May :) truly a dream come true!! :-D
and was great meeting sum ppl from curefans.com!

Anyway, I have a client who was interested by my love for The Cure so I created a playlist for her...

.. I went a bit nuts though with 33 songs! (getting the best sounding versions, working out which songs to include and putting them into a good lsitening order etc.)

Thought I'd send it the boards way too. Comments/suggestions for future reference appreciated :-D
So, without further adieu...

Songs with a music video have been marked with an asterix:

A Cure for all times mix
* 1. Just Like Heaven (1987) - The Cure - Just Like Heaven

2a. Boys Don't Cry (1979) - The Cure - Boys Don't Cry TIED 1st FOR MY FAVOURITE CURE SONG.
2b. "Boys Don't Cry" LIVE in 2004 - The Cure - 'Boys Don't Cry' Live on Jools Holland

* 3. Pictures of You (1989) - The Cure - Pictures Of You ( TURN THE VIDEO MODE TO 240p to get sound)

4. Underneath the stars (2008) - The Cure - Underneath the Stars

* 5. Close to me (1985) (the song is called 'Close to me' and the music video for it starts at around 3 seconds) - The Cure - Don't close to me (video Original)

6a. Fascination Street (1989) (THE SONG THAT MADE ME A CURE FAN/THE FIRST TIME I HEARD THEM...hear this first then watch the video...) - Fascination Street ~
* 6b. Official music video - The Cure - Fascination Street

7. From the Edge of the Deep Green Sea (1992) - The Cure - The edge of the deep green sea - Wish

8. Out of This World (2000) – (Sound begins at around 8 seconds in) Out Of This World - The Cure

9. Push (1985) - Push-The Cure

10. Closedown (1989) - Closedown by the Cure

11a. TIED 1ST FOR MY ALL-TIME FAVOURITE SONG BY THE CURE: Disintegration (1989) - Disintegration by The Cure
11b. Disintegration 1991 AWESOME LIVE version - The Cure - Disintegration (Entreat Version) 1991

12. For me a PERFECT song...Untitled (1989) - Untitled by The Cure

'Poppy' Cure
* 1. Friday I'm in love (1992) - The Cure - Friday Im In Love

* 2.Lovecats (1983) - The Cure - The Lovecats

* 3. Catch (1987) - The Cure - Catch

* 4. The Walk (1983) - The Walk Music Video

* 5. Lovesong (1989) - The Cure - Lovesong (written to his love of decades Mary, who he married that year)

* 6.. High (1992) - The Cure - High

* 7. Lets go to bed (1982) - The Cure - Let's Go To Bed

8. (I don't know what's going) On (2004) - The Cure - I Don't Know What's Going On

'Post-Punk' Cure
1. Killing an arab (1978) - The Cure - Killing an arab

2.. So what (1979) - The Cure So What

3. Fire in cairo (1980) - The Cure - Fire in Cairo

4. Plastic Passion (1980) (with a hilarious sexy video clip lol) - Plastic Passion

Dark Cure
1. All Cats are Grey (1981) - THE CURE - ALL CATS ARE GREY

2a. ABSOLUTE CLASSIC! Original album version first: "A Forest" (1980) - THE CURE A FOREST
2b. A great LIVE version circa 1990, of "A Forest", so MANY to choose from lol,! - The Cure - a forest live

3a. Faith (1981) - The Cure - Faith
3b. 47 seconds of "Faith" from the show I SAW THEM AT :))) -http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NeyIdvjicZc

4a. Siamese Twins (1982) - The Cure - Siamese Twins
(*) 4b. a 'music video' of sorts, very cool, but bad audio quality The Cure - Siamese Twins - 1983

*5. Lullaby (1989) - The Cure - Lullaby [Music Video]

6. The figurehead (1982) - The Cure - The figurehead

7. Lament (1983) - The Cure - Lament

8.. The Drowning Man (1981) - The Cure - The Drowning Man

9. Dark, melancholy, poppy etc. All just labels, thanks for listening and enjoy...."To Wish Impossible Things" (1992) - The Cure - To Wish Impossible Things

By the way, in the 33 songs above 7 are from my favourite album of all time (BY ANYONE!) "Disintegration" :)   

billee

Thats a really good list Dean. I'd be hard pushed to find only 33 . Once I stared to find songs I'd just keep going. Bur then again I am nuts  :D
The other one feeds on my hesitation
Grows inside of my trepidaton
Buries his claws in my dislocation
I whisper your name to lose control