2014.12.21 London - Hammersmith Apollo (England)

Started by dsanchez, November 05, 2014, 09:41:51

Previous topic - Next topic

gabriela

mooki

You guys better have a great time for me since I won't be able to go :(

dsanchez

For those asking where we meet before the show, here is the info on our traditional Cure lunch.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

From the AATT Facebook, about how the band got to play with The Cure after such a long time:

"Hello everyone,
Many thanks for all of the comments recently.
Lots of people have been asking how the shows with The Cure came about...

Robert (Smith) has always been interested in our evolution and over the years he and Justin (Jones) have kept in touch. His encouragement and critiques have always been valuable to us. After writing to say how much he liked our most recent album 'Hunter not the Hunted' Justin sent a link to our live film 'Missing in Macon'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-iOivHqNgpQ#ws
Robert liked it and asked if we'd be interested in playing together again sometime if a good occasion arose. We said we'd like to - and some months later he suggested the Hammersmith Apollo reunion. Simple"
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Itsme

Hello,

I sell two tickets for sunday as follows:

Circle Seated, Block 3, Row: O, Seat: 44,45

I paid £126,00 for both together incl. fee, service and delivery charges to Germany.
If somebody is interested in these tickts please send me a pm.

dsanchez

@x-phile, Sunday night secured here. Total is around 80 GBP (I made an initial deposit of 10% + 1 GBP to secure the room) to be divided at the moment between you, your friend and me. Still one bed available if someone else wants to join us.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on November 11, 2014, 10:17:08our traditional Cure lunch.
This will be tight.I think I'm not going to make it.Two or even five o'clock in the afternoon
is too late,isn't it?
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 12, 2014, 17:36:26
Quote from: dsanchez on November 11, 2014, 10:17:08our traditional Cure lunch.
This will be tight.I think I'm not going to make it.Two or even five o'clock in the afternoon
is too late,isn't it?

there are many Cure topics to talk about, so we usually stay at least two hours. So some (if not all of us) should be still there by 3PM.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Fabien G

and then what, you all gather in front of the entrance from 3pm til the doors open?

dsanchez

Quote from: Fabien G on November 12, 2014, 18:00:13
and then what, you all gather in front of the entrance from 3pm til the doors open?

there's no a plan after that. some people go straight to the venue to make the queue. From my side, I will go to take a nap to my hostel and get ready. If the concert starts 7:30 PM is enough to be at the venue 6:00 PM, I think.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Fabien G

It's always funny to me to see all the fans as soon as noon waiting in the queue, i rather go visiting and shopping, i don't get to London so often, better things to do (even if it's nice to have a chat with other fans). If i was sure to mmet the band andget an autograph... but that never happens. Some know, but i don't.

MeltingMan

Quote from: Fabien G on November 12, 2014, 18:33:15
It's always funny to me to see all the fans as soon as noon waiting in the queue, i rather go visiting and shopping, i don't get to London so often, better things to do (even if it's nice to have a chat with other fans). If i was sure to mmet the band andget an autograph... but that never happens. Some know, but i don't.
Right.The combination of excitement and pressure is unpleasant;the feeling to miss something
important as well.This is a special event and my first trip to London. :?

dsanchez

Quote from: MeltingMan on November 13, 2014, 17:39:19
Quote from: Fabien G on November 12, 2014, 18:33:15
Right.The combination of excitement and pressure is unpleasant;the feeling to miss something
important as well.This is a special event and my first trip to London. :?

are you going to all gigs, MeltingMan?
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

MeltingMan

Quote from: dsanchez on November 13, 2014, 18:27:07
are you going to all gigs, MeltingMan?
Sorry for the delay,David.No,only Monday,but I booked the hotel room from
Sunday to Tuesday to have additional time for London getting more familiar with the town.
Please don't take me wrong for my pessimistic view.I'm happy and very focused on the
main event. :oops: :roll: