Previous topic - Next topic

PearlThompsonsBloodflower

Quote from: dsanchez on March 15, 2018, 21:59:54
Quote from: PearlThompsonsBloodflowers on March 15, 2018, 17:51:27
but I don't think New Order really coppied The Cure

it was actually the other way around if you see the video I posted :D

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Ulrich

Yeah, Blue Monday may have a similar back beat, but the song is different from The Walk!

Quote from: chemicaloverload on March 15, 2018, 17:39:51
I don't know, I sometimes think we as humans, we see something, listen to something and it becomes ingrained in the unconscious and we make things that we think are original at that time. I don't think its borrowing or theft, it's infuence.

Yeah, that is correct. Music does not exist without "influences", most musicians copy someone before they start "their own thing".
In folk music, it used to be "normal" to take old songs and put new words to them etc.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Fabien G

I did know about a few 2-3 tracks similarities but not all the list by japanesebaby, so i listened to the supposed copies to check if i could hear and indeed recognize the 'ripp-off'

warsaw - foxy lady (that's a classic simple punk guitar intro riff)
atrocity exhibition - splintered in her head (the drum roll)
dream never ends - ? (nothing obvious to me)
blue monday - the walk - this is the most talked about thing.
i remember nothing - ? (nothing obvious to me)

this time of night and crystal - the keys notes intro sound like a remix for a forest
all the way - just like heaven kind of bassline

Let's see... oh, it's seem we hear differences :)

I don't think there are ripp-offs, I think there are similarities in... the musical world the two groups share. Even if what they say reads as if they hated each others. I don't know why. That all surely listen to all kind of music, try new instrument, experiment new thing, they most probably have met, met people in common, discuss music, ideas spreads...
Nothing is always 'new' like coming out of the blue, we 'invent' from all we know and hear and see, I don't believe in intentional copying, I can believe in someone hearing something (not 'listening', understand the difference?) and one day or one year afterwards, while in the creation process the brain re-surface a souvenir, more or less similar, improved, fit toi the actual situation, without even being aware of it.

That's how it goes.

Ulrich

Quote from: Fabien G on March 20, 2018, 03:44:47
I don't think there are ripp-offs, I think there are similarities in... the musical world the two groups share. Even if what they say reads as if they hated each others. I don't know why.

Well, since Peter Hook left New Order, they seem to get along pretty well!
Here you'll find some quotes:
http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=7687.msg765727#msg765727
The holy city breathed like a dying man...