Wish Remaster/Deluxe Edition?

Started by | SONA |, October 15, 2008, 20:00:23

Previous topic - Next topic

Ulrich

Quote from: cheyler on February 21, 2020, 00:32:28If you're trying to be sarcastic, you'll have to do a better job than that.

OFF TOPIC! No one is interested in such assumptions here.  :pouting-face

Another off topic post has been deleted. Keep on topic here!
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

Ulrich

Robert has been working on the "Wish" remaster, he said.

Quote"For me, it's really lovely that Simon is up there with me. It's criminal really, because he's been there all the time."

As for how they work together when penning material, he said: "With Simon, we send demos back and forth. Because I write the words, I decide what songs are going to progress and which ones aren't. Often it's the case that with hindsight I pick the wrong songs.

"I've just finished doing the 'Wish' remaster, and there are so many of Simon's demos that never got past the demo stage and remained instrumental – purely because I couldn't think of any words for them. That's really sad, because some of them were really great!

"They're all coming out as instrumentals, and I think there are about 36 unreleased songs coming out on the package. That's the same every time we do anything. There's always loads of music, and a lot of it is Simon's. I just run out of words!"
https://www.nme.com/news/music/the-cure-new-album-songs-of-a-lost-world-interview-update-relentless-tour-3229589

Ulrich

Believe it or not, it IS actually happening!

This was posted on the band's Facebook today:

(As the image might disappear with time: it is mentioning the 30th anniversary edition of "Wish", using part of the old album artwork.)

Rietan

Ah sorry for my posting... i was never to fond of the demos, except if they are some early versions like wendy time or demos of unreleased songs. So the deluxe remasters were for me disappointing all in all

Ulrich

Quote from: Rietan on July 28, 2022, 15:45:02Ah sorry for my posting...

No problem, I was going to post in the "news" section as well, so I put it in your thread. :cool

Rietan

I must admit that I like that one though

pyota

Quote from: Rietan on July 28, 2022, 18:20:00I must admit that I like that one though

Thanks for posting this. Funny this 'demo' is more high quality than what's on the actual tape lol.

Matti

Well, this is not a demo, is it? And considering that it's been remastered, little wonder it sounds better than a tape from thirty years ago.

Anyway, good to see all of this finally coming up.

I'm curious to see/hear the differences between all the instrumental demos on disc 2 and the inofficial Music for Dreams package that surfaced some years ago.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

Ulrich

Quote from: Matti on July 29, 2022, 09:33:55Well, this is not a demo, is it? And considering that it's been remastered, little wonder it sounds better than a tape from thirty years ago.

Yeah, of course Robert & co. had access to the original multi-track master tapes from the vaults and thus were able to re-master the sound.

Quote"In the studio control room, it all sounded excellent, but I got too busy sorting out our upcoming concerts to properly oversee the mastering. It was too late to do anything about it; the album was out, and we were off around the world again. It has really bugged for me for a very long time." Remastering the album earlier this year has finally given Smith the chance to address this "It has taken 30 years, but finally, finally, my Wish has come true."
https://www.rhino.com/article/the-cure-detail-wish-30th-anniversary-deluxe-edition

dsanchez

Finally! there were some insane prices in Discogs to get the original version of this...
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Matti

Good that you mention it, I had a look and realized that the Dim-D mixes mentioned on the remaster actually reflect a note in the credits of the original release: "dimension d mixes by robert smith and roy spong" - just in case anyone else was also wondering.
and we close our eyes to sleep
to dream a boy and girl
who dream the world is nothing but a dream

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Locking this topic, further discussion on this one can be continued here as finally this is happening!

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo