Robert Smith Covers "Very Good Advice" on Alice in Wonderland OST

Started by dsanchez, January 12, 2010, 23:04:44

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Thanks to Lady who published this info first in her Facebook profile

"The Cure's Robert Smith has contributed a cover of Kathryn Beaumont's "Very Good Advice" from Disney's original animated version of Alice in Wonderland. Kind of exciting, no?"

http://www.twentyfourbit.com/post/330913663/robert-smith-covers-very-good-advice-on-alice-in

http://blogs.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog.view&friendid=438372074&blogid=525529050
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

crowbi_wan

Quote from: dsanchez on January 12, 2010, 23:04:44
Kind of exciting, no?"

Sure, it's interesting.  Probably not enough to get me to buy the album, though. 

Lady

:smth060

The original song from the cartoon version  ;)

Alice In Wonderland - Very Good Advice

It's a very sweet and tender scene..I can't wait to listen to the Robert's version!!! :roll: :smth049
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Trust...

So sweet  :smth060

And she's singing " The waiting makes my curious " :),

me too to hear the version from Robert Smith !
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

alwaysprayingforRAIN

that sounds great!!! i love everything Tom Burton does and was definitely exited for this movie. now it just adds up to the things i am looking forward too. i already saw a few trailers and man i want to see this movie- quick!!!

edit: i just saw that Alan Rickman will be voicing one of the characters which means i have to watch the english original :)

and i listened to the original 'good advice' i really wonder what he'll make of it :D
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

japanesebaby

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on January 13, 2010, 15:14:19
edit: i just saw that Alan Rickman will be voicing one of the characters which means i have to watch the english original :)

I wouldn't ever watch anything else, for any movie. I'm glad we don't have movies dubbed here, it would drive me mad. I can't understand how actors can take it, someone else babbling over their performance. It's like ruining half of their work, substituting it with someone else's interpretation.

Anyway, it's a nice cast:  http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt1014759/

Helena Bonham-Carter, Crispin Clover, Anne Hathaway, Stephen Fry, Michael Sheen, Timothy Spall, Alan Rickman..
and Christopher Lee as the jabberwock.  :P

I'm slightly afraid of Robert's cover version though. Ha
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Lady

from
http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=24247    ;) :roll:

ROBERT:

AT THE REQUEST OF A FRIEND, I HAVE RECORDED A COVER VERSION OF THE FAIN/HILLIARD SONG 'VERY GOOD ADVICE' FROM THE OLD WALT DISNEY 'ALICE IN WONDERLAND' FILM, FOR THE NEW WALT DISNEY (TIM BURTON) 'ALICE IN WONDERLAND' FILM...

IT'S IN WITH THESE

AND OUT ON THE 2ND OF MARCH I THINK...

01.  Alice Performed by Avril Lavigne

02.  The Poison Performed by The All-American Rejects

03.  The Technicolor Phase Performed by Owl City

04.  Her Name Is Alice Performed by Shinedown

05.  Painting Flowers Performed by All Time Low

06.  Where's My Angel Performed by Metro Station

07.  Strange Performed by Tokio Hotel and Kerli

08.  Follow Me Down Performed by 3OH!3 feat. Neon Hitch

09.  Very Good Advice Performed by Robert Smith

10.  In Transit Performed by Mark Hoppus with Pete Wentz

11.  Welcome To Mystery Performed by Plain White T's

12.  Tea Party Performed by Kerli

13.  The Lobster Quadrille Performed by Franz Ferdinand

14.  Running Out of Time Performed by Motion City Soundtrack

15.  Fell Down a Hole Performed by Wolfmother

16.  White Rabbit Performed by Grace Potter and the Nocturnals

ANY OTHER NEWS THAT'S FIT TO PRINT?

I HAVE RECORDED A COVER FOR A JOHN MARTYN TRIBUTE ALBUM, AS WELL AS A COUPLE OR THREE OTHER 'COLLABORATIONS'... THERE IS AN 'EXCLUSIVE' ITUNES ALBUM STILL IN THE WORKS... AND PART TWO OF THE 'DREAM' SESSIONS IS SLOWLY TAKING SHAPE...

THERE IS HOWEVER A LOT OF FLUX AROUND...

SO MORE REAL NEWS WHEN THE AIR CLEARS

RSX

[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

skellington

I am so excited for this movie and now Robert is doing a cover, it is like a dream coem true! Alice in wonderland has always been one of my favourites and combining these two awsome things is so cool! I can't wait till it comes out
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

Janko

Yeah!

Finally some NEWS!

Let's hope the holidays are over and the boys get to work!!!!!!!!!!!!

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Lucky_Cure

Wow, listening to the original 'song', I'm very interested as to how Robert will work with it.

Trust...

Some news about the collaboration,thanks to COF  :smth023

Saturday, January 16, 2010
Robert duets with Anik Jean

Looks like one of Robert's recent collaborations has been revealed. According to 7Jours, Robert is doing a duet with Canadian singer Anik Jean on her upcoming album to be released in April. The song is “J’aurai tout essayé” (“I shall have tried everything”), with lyrics in English and French, comparing love and disenchantment. Looks like Earl Slick will be involved as well. (Thanks Jacques)

http://www.anikjean.com/
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Whiskers

that sounds great!!! i love everything Tom Burton does and was definitely exited for this movie.

*Tim Burton

And am I the only one who thinks that, besides the Robert Smith song, that soundtrack looks absolutely horrible?

largeststarintheuniverse

Quote from: Whiskers on January 20, 2010, 03:17:41
that sounds great!!! i love everything Tom Burton does and was definitely exited for this movie.

*Tim Burton

And am I the only one who thinks that, besides the Robert Smith song, that soundtrack looks absolutely horrible?

No.

alwaysprayingforRAIN

Quote from: largeststarintheuniverse on January 20, 2010, 07:31:42
Quote from: Whiskers on January 20, 2010, 03:17:41

*Tim Burton

No.

i am hoping that not everything will be played during the movie and that it just comes with the 'soundtrack'

otherwise i am always open for a positive surprise and won't say anything until i have actually heard it...
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Lucky_Cure