Help me identify and find a boot from the Wish tour

Started by fannwenner, May 02, 2008, 10:32:32

Previous topic - Next topic

fannwenner

I remember from hearing it a number of years ago, that there was a bootleg release from the Wish tour, a 2 cd set on the "Red Phantom" label that had a wonderful show (from the European leg of the Wish tour, if I remember correctly) with great versions of both A forest and Faith. Possibly it also had some bonus tracks. Can anyone identify this show/bootleg? Of course, I´d also like to trade for a copy...

Thanks in advance!

jmusiclover

I only know of 3 CD boots on the Red Phantom label;
T&C, London 1991-1-17 (RPCD 1037)AKA 'The Secret Gig'
Glastonbury 1990 (RPCD 2082/2083)AKA 'Never Enough'
Palasport, Torino 1989 (RPCD 2020/30)AKA 'Hot Hot Hot'

....but only the Torino one has A Forest & Faith on it. Perhaps there are others?

lostflower4

There were only a handful of concerts in 1992 where Faith was played, but I can't think of any that were released as commercial bootlegs.  :smth017

adrianf74

Quote from: fannwenner on May 02, 2008, 10:32:32
I remember from hearing it a number of years ago, that there was a bootleg release from the Wish tour, a 2 cd set on the "Red Phantom" label that had a wonderful show (from the European leg of the Wish tour, if I remember correctly) with great versions of both A forest and Faith. Possibly it also had some bonus tracks. Can anyone identify this show/bootleg? Of course, I´d also like to trade for a copy...

Thanks in advance!

Not that I can think of.  There was a UK show that was released by the KTS subsidiary that used a radio broadcast as its source (later surfacing with a PRE-FM source).  It was the National Ballroom show in London (May 3, 1992).

There was "Bites The Big Apple" (audience recording) but I can't remember if that had A Forest and Faith.

lostflower4

Quote from: adrianf74 on May 20, 2008, 18:32:27There was "Bites The Big Apple" (audience recording) but I can't remember if that had A Forest and Faith.

No Faith on that one.

adrianf74

Quote from: lostflower4 on May 20, 2008, 18:35:40
Quote from: adrianf74 on May 20, 2008, 18:32:27There was "Bites The Big Apple" (audience recording) but I can't remember if that had A Forest and Faith.

No Faith on that one.

I'll go a step further.  I just checked 'http://www.musicfanclubs.org/cure/boots/bootindex.html'; and found nada.  I'm thinking the original poster is referring to the Prayer Tour show from Torino in '89 and not the Wish Tour in '92.

fannwenner

I was wrong - thanks for all help. The one I was looking for was indeed Hot hot hot from Torino 89. Now, if anyone´s up for a trade I´d like to lay my hands on that one...

fearofghsts

I have that one (Hot, Hot, Hot - Torino).  I'm trying to get my hands on some more recent stuff.  I haven't been trading for some time.  I have over 100 bootleg shows, but nothing since the Bloodflowers tour.  Let me know what you have.

Bobby
:smth020