Main Menu

Apologies

Started by dsanchez, January 03, 2008, 19:48:33

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Dear members

Unfortunately there were lot of unpexpected bugs on the "new" site format, and after talking with Caley, and seeing the list of bugs our great Marika sent me, we thought the best solution would be to back to our forum like always, until the other site gets totally fixed and easy to use. However, I'm not totally sure if we will get to use the other platform (maybe some parts of it, yes), as it seems many of us are really totally used to the forum format we currently have.

It seems the excitement caught me and I was too optimistic about the results which turned to be little bit confusing for many of you, and because of this I present my apologies to the members of the staff and all members. :cry:

Please notice the idea of changing the site layout was enterily my idea, so not blame for the other staff members :!:

David.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

disintegration

IMO infact this format of the forum is better!  :smth023
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Lady

@dsanchez
The new format wasn't a bad idea for me...of course we needed time to understand the new system, but you have no blame and there's no need to apologize, because you did a good work! ;)

Personally, I asked something about avatar and emoticons because I thought it was just a problem of mine, not because I was annoyed by the new format. :smth001

Anyway also this format is ok for me! :smth023
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

Steve

Oh bollox!
I liked the new layout.
I had issues (technical only), yes, but that's pretty normal when you make a change that big.
Hope you get the glitches fixed & move forward with the new platform soon.
Nothing wrong with being excited about something new. Now go buy the missus some flowers or something, or there'll be no BOSS at all soon.
;)
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

Well, I'm secretly pleased we have the "old" format back...yeah yeah, I know, I'm one of those who find big changes to an internet site hard to comprehend...There is no blame to be laid anywhere David, you thought you were doing a good thing, and I doubt that anyone would be shitty with you...I was exasperated last night when I was trying to understand all the new stuff...not all of us are whizzes on the puter you know!!
When I logged onto the internet this morning (it's 7am here at the moment) I had received 56 emails from the new site....a slight hiccup!!
I don't usually log onto Curefans so early, but I "clicked" the link on one of the emails, as I was coming in to try and change whatever set up I had, as I didn't want 56 more emails!! Kinda gladdened me when I saw the familiar site...sorry, but that's just me... I shall go and have my morning coffee now!! Catch you later...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

LuvURobert

Hi, David and everyone!  I took a glance earlier this morning to see if anything was new after the site was down for maintenance work for a couple of hours yesterday and low and behold... the whole format was new.  :shock:

It wasn't necessarily a bad idea though, and I appreciate the effort, David, you put into making this a better site (even though it's already awesome, of course).  Too bad some of the bugs still have to be worked out, however, to get it up & running.  I look forward to whatever new changes may come.  :smth023

I think it just takes some time getting adjusted to something new, that's all.  Hey, I am the Queen of Hating Change, but I'm up for anything!  I remember not to long ago when I first joined this site, it took some getting used to this layout for me ~ pretty sure I got it now.  ;)

Have a nice day everyone!
"And I shiver and shake
When I think of how you make me hate"

iwannashagsimon

Quote from: disintegration on January 03, 2008, 20:46:50
IMO infact this format of the forum is better!  :smth023

I agree.  To me this version seems better organized and that makes it easier to find what you are looking for.

Maybe there could be a compromise between the two.  Keep this layout, but add some new features.  Just a thought.

silversand

You don't have to apologize David :). You do a great job  :smth023
I liked the new layout very much. This current version is well arranged, because you know where everything is. Like iwannashagsimon said a compromise between the two would be a good idea. But in the end it's your decision David, because it's your website :)

Good luck to get rid of the bugs David :)

sues777

Hey David, don't apologise!
You obviously put a lot of effort into trying to make this site better (although I have to agree it's already awesome) and for that I thank you!
The bugs are a shame, but they'll always happen and they'll be sorted in time.  I work in IT myself, so I think I know how you're feeling - please don't be too hard on yourself! 
Now, please go get some rest, you must be exhausted  :)
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

dsanchez

Quote from: silversand on January 03, 2008, 23:50:48
Like iwannashagsimon said a compromise between the two would be a good idea. But in the end it's your decision David, because it's your website :)

I would say better this is the website from everyone :), and because of this (the opinions of staff members and other members) we went back to the "old" format.

However, there's work already done and certanly we will use part of it to enhace this site, but -very probably- keeping all the functionalities we have already.

Thanks everyone for their comments and suggestions. (ps: Steve, everything is alright hopefully, and we went to the beach for relaxing after the long night of yesterday in the computer).
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: iwannashagsimon on January 03, 2008, 22:30:42
Maybe there could be a compromise between the two.  Keep this layout, but add some new features.  Just a thought.

Yes, looks like this will be the direction in the future.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

robiola

Like everyone else said, no apologies necessary. New things are never perfect on the first try, and we'll be just fine with whatever version of the site you guys decide on, even if we grumble a little because we have to get used to the changes.  :smth023

scatcat

OOOOww!! I just tuned in, I was a bit disappointed not to see the 'new look' forum.
No need to aplogise David!!

Quote from: dsanchez on January 04, 2008, 00:54:40
Quote from: iwannashagsimon on January 03, 2008, 22:30:42

Yes, looks like this will be the direction in the future.

It is hard for us "oldies" to adapt to change, but I thought the 'bugs' would be not too hard to fix!
I think maybe a mix of both would be good!  :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

japanesebaby

Quote from: scatcat on January 04, 2008, 04:57:21
It is hard for us "oldies" to adapt to change,

...i think "oldies" would be those who remember "curefans v. 1.0" - which is not the current thing we're in...

and people above who keep saying "the new system was unorganized, this old one is better": i almost get a feeling like all of you didn't realize that the new system was unorganized because of the bugs, not because it was meant to be unorganized. and if you looked around at all, you should have noticed that the new system was supposed to include this old forum just as it is now: the forum section was intact, it wasn't fragmented or splintered to pieces or made intentionally inorganized. so what comes to the forum, everything was supposed to be found just as where they used to be. i can only suppose that many people didn't even notice this. anyway. just an impression.

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

boneheadhaggar

I liked the new format, but I can also understand people wanting to keep to what they are used to seeing, again I would like to thank you David for all your hard work and definately no need to apologise :smth023
its nice to be nice