People screaming in the gigs

Started by dsanchez, September 14, 2006, 15:59:49

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

There is one guy screaming like a crazy in the beginning of "Plainsong" in Los Angeles - Dodgers Stadium 1989, sounds like if someone is killing him, but he is just crazy for the best band of the entire planet.

And now I listen the New York - Pier 84 (1986) gig. And someone else also screaming in the beginning of Push!..

Do you like this as well?. What are the another passionate-gigs out there?

David.

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

riseandreverberate

Can't be doing with it meself...you want some crowd noise and everyone to enjoy the show but no need to go overboard. It's like people talking throughout gigs...why FFS? You go to see a band perform, not to chat to ur mate all night, it just ruins it for everyone else. Some people are in desperate need an Off Switch :x

Joe

Yes, that sadly happened at the beginning of the Roger Waters concert I went to back on September 16th. There were a few drunk (or stoned) people standing behind me that wouldn't shut up or stop screaming. Thankfully they moved to a different place after a while.

boo

i dont mind sceaming people during concerts. i always love when guys shout "i love you robert"  :lol: but thats another story.....
i just dont like people standing in the crowd and taping the gig so you end up with terrible bootlegs you hardly can listen to.

japanesebaby

i'm generally more annoyed by people who are just chatty in general than by people screaming or shouting because they are excited about the show - because people who are just chatting away... it doesn't add to the atmosphere of the concert but only makes you think "hey those people were lucky to be there in the show and they just kept on chatting something completely irrelevant and didn't even bother concentrating on what was going on the stage - now how come...!"
but well, who am i to judge anyone's way to enjoy a show, maybe they enjoyed it that way, anyway, just chatting away.... but well at least recordings might suffer from it, sure.

sometimes there are also some noisy people who obviously pretty much do ruin the recording in certain ways but at the same time you notice that they are just "living it out" so fully and completely that whatever they did you just cannot but forgive them...
one of my "favorites" of this kind is definitely that dude on the L.C. version video of roma 2002 (my copy is synced to a new audio which is probably the 'A Dream Live' boot). he's singing along pretty close to the taper during several songs. i think the absolute highlight is the way he "performs" the guitar solos in 'the last day of summer'. he's just awesome: how the guitar melody often goes completely out of the range of his voice but he just doesn't let that drag him down but just keeps singing along, from the bottom of his heart...
you just cannot hate him for doing it, he's cool 8)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

I kind of enjoy R.L.'s Monterrey '04 recording because of the crowd noise.  The fans are singing along with every song it seems, but it's not overwhelming at all.   

PerfectBlueSkyDolls

Okie, David's first post in this thread had me giggling like a school girl. I think it's lack of sleeping in  :smth005
I actually find screaming at a gig to be strange. I mean, people are there to listen to a band right? If you are screaming, you can't really hear the band play, at least, I thought that was the whole point of going  :roll:
I can understand some people get right into the music. So why not dance & sing along? But screaming?  There was this one English bloke at The Cure gig I went to, and he was obviously drunk & obnoxious. He'd keep screaming, "Bobbay Bobbay" & some other nonsense. So screaming?..  Nope, never got that.:smth042