Robert Smith: "European dates will run from february 9th to march 20th"

Started by Tof, August 29, 2007, 00:48:01

Previous topic - Next topic

Tof

Quote from: dsanchez on August 29, 2007, 18:51:21
Quote from: japanesebaby on August 29, 2007, 10:49:53
Quote from: Tof on August 29, 2007, 00:48:01
"EUROPEAN DATES WILL RUN FROM FEBRUARY 9TH TO MARCH 20TH"
damn - not a very good time for me. i was really hoping for a month later or so. :?

Me too. I was expecnting something like april/may next year. Anyway, I was planning to travel by the first week of March. Looks like I'll have to come earlier. We will see.

If you come in France, don't hesitate to call me David !!!
Tof

Tof

Quote from: dsanchez on August 29, 2007, 18:56:25
Where do you think the band is going to start the european tour, and where to finnish?

I think they start i, London and finish in the east !!!

Wait and see !!!
Tof

temptation-cure

Quote from: Tof on August 30, 2007, 00:32:21
Quote from: dsanchez on August 29, 2007, 18:56:25
Where do you think the band is going to start the european tour, and where to finnish?

I think they start i, London and finish in the east !!!

Wait and see !!!

yes start in london and finish in istambul nice XD XD
Oh that boy is a slag the best u ever had , the best u ever had is just a memory and those dreams but weren't daft as they seem , not as daft as they seem..oh my love when u dreamed them up..oh flo where did u go .. oww ohh(F.A)
-----------------------------------

http://temptation-cure.galeon.com

crowbi_wan

As long as they play two nights in Paris I could care less where they start.  This moving the U.S. tour really dicked up my plans of coming to France for a week  :(  I'm going to try to make it for a few days, but a week is out for sure. 

etkimi

According to me, the tour will start in France, and the last show will be play in London...

If shows take place in, I will be in Paris, Lille and Bruxelles...

I cross the fingers !! (I don't know if we can say it in English...)

Cheers,
Etkimi
Crying at the funeral party...

B-Flower

How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

Lady

I'd prefer april-may...it's a perfect period for the concerts in italy! :smth001
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

soulmate

Could be great for me... I'll be on holiday for 2 weeks during that period!
But let's not rejoyce too quickly! With Mr Smith, it's better to wait and see  ;)

rjl

Quote from: B-Flower on August 30, 2007, 09:42:16
I wish they would notice my country this time.... :rocker

Well, they did play some new countries this year, and re-visit some oft- and long-neglected ones. So who knows?

rjl

I sincerely wished that the Euro. shows were in the summer... preferably early July, like some of the past festivals... mainly because I have the first week of July off from work, mandatory, every year, and by then I could get my shit together for a trip like that. That would be pretty awesome...

However, now I have to wait and see for the NA dates and a) see if they fit in with work, and b) if I can take in more of those. Cheaper and less hassle to fly within the states, or take a bit of a road trip than to go overseas, especially working around my work schedule.

silversand

The time for the European Tour is great for me, because i will make a course, that will start ca. in July.
So i don't think i can take holidays, if the band would tour in the summer. I'm not sure about it.
April-May or May-June would also be okay for me  :).
So let's wait and see  :)

six_different_ways

My guess is that the tour begins in one of the scandinavian countries (most likely Oslo). This is based on the following facts:
1) the european tours in 1987 and 1992 both started in Oslo. In 1989 they started in Copenhagen (before heading over to Oslo and Stockholm). The only deviation from this trend was in 1996, when they played in Stockholm (and were supposed to play in Copenhagen) at the end of the european tour.
2) according the norwegian promotoer (Gunnar Eide Concerts), the Cure will most likely play in Oslo in february

ROGUE

Hi, yes i understand dates have been postponed, not cancelled, as Robert has said.
I hope to travel to see the band in America, in Spring, But I also hope that they re-start a complete new tour ~ to promote the new C.D. I understand people feel they have missed out, or had to replan things.,
From my point of view in Australia, it had been about 7 years since The Cures last visit to Australia ~would be more than happy to see them again, with their new songs too. Although Iam happy and Melbourne Show was Great :!:
I know they are doing Mexico, but maybe for the Spring tour, they can go by a more steady pace- the first tour did seem full-on to start with :cry:. And with that steady pace do the Spring tour Backwards, from America, Europa, and work their way back, Ending in Australasia.
I know we would all love to see them again.  :)

ROGUE

most recent post from Robert taken from Thecure.com
------------------------------------------------ :rocker

2008 EUROPEAN DATES...
9/13/2007 7:43:31 AM - by CURE:ROBERT
2008 EUROPEAN DATES ARE BEING CONFIRMED THIS WEEK...

THE TIME FRAME: EARLY FEBRUARY TO LATE MARCH

I WILL (HOPEFULLY) BE ABLE TO POST THEM ALL EARLY NEXT WEEK...

AND MORE NEWS AS IT COMES...
RSX

PS
A MEXICO LIVE DVD... HMMM... PRETTY HARD TO ORGANIZE ALONG WITH EVERYTHING ELSE... WE WILL CERTAINLY RECORD SOUND, BUT AS FOR PICTURE... IT'S LOOKING UNLIKELY, BUT NOT HOPELESS...

(WE WILL HOWEVER FILM A SHOW NEXT YEAR FOR SURE... )

j

Quote from: rjl on August 30, 2007, 15:32:31
I sincerely wished that the Euro. shows were in the summer... preferably early July, like some of the past festivals... mainly because I have the first week of July off from work, mandatory, every year, and by then I could get my shit together for a trip like that. That would be pretty awesome...

However, now I have to wait and see for the NA dates and a) see if they fit in with work, and b) if I can take in more of those. Cheaper and less hassle to fly within the states, or take a bit of a road trip than to go overseas, especially working around my work schedule.

I see your point Rich, however, airfare to Europe in the summer is INSANE!!!  I stand a much better chance of heading over to London to see them in Feb/Mar (especially since a buddy of mine may be moving to London in 2 months!)