2007.08.14 Auckland - Vector Arena (New Zealand)

Started by psychophysio, July 05, 2007, 07:39:48

Previous topic - Next topic

j

Great encore:

plainsong
disintegration
faith

30 days until Tampa.....

dsanchez

Quote from: [labyrinth] on August 14, 2007, 16:32:51
nice setlist...

FAITH !!!  :rocker

Why everyone likes faith?  :D

"All cats are gray" should be played, instead :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

That's the ringtone on my phone (All Cats Are Grey)

Plainsong

Haha that's awesome--I'd rather hear All Cats than Faith too but I always thought I'd get my Cure fan street cred revoked because of it!

rodney

I'd like to hear All Cats Are Gray in the set, but for me, Faith is the perfect way to end a Cure performance.

I have High as the ringtone on my phone.

Tof

Quote from: dsanchez on August 14, 2007, 16:37:32
Quote from: [labyrinth] on August 14, 2007, 16:32:51
nice setlist...

FAITH !!!  :rocker

Why everyone likes faith?  :D

"All cats are gray" should be played, instead :smth023

And why not "All ctas are grey" and "Faith" !!!
Tof

crowbi_wan

Hey, they ended with A Forest.  No BDC in there to cheese things up.  :smth023 

crowbi_wan

Quote from: j on August 13, 2007, 13:02:13
You can rockbox the iRiver so you can record in wav rather than shit mp3....anyone (Paging Dr. Crowbi_wan) know if you can revert back to the normal iRiver firmware once you rockbox it?

I believe you can.  iRiver does have upgrades for their players.  Check the website.  If nothing there, googling iRiver firmware is bound to come up with something.

j

Thanks Doc.  Sorry to have to pull you out of surgery to answer that one. :smth023

Cold

Quote from: j on August 13, 2007, 13:02:13
You can rockbox the iRiver so you can record in wav rather than shit mp3....anyone (Paging Dr. Crowbi_wan) know if you can revert back to the normal iRiver firmware once you rockbox it?
you can, no problem doing that. Either putting back in the root folder the original .mi4 file (the iriver one, I mean. I always back it up) and deleting the rockbox folder, or simply upgrading the firmware via iriver update (this kills all files in the player and install the newest iriver firmware)

Good setlist today, yes, with Faith all looks better  :D (I would have ended the show with the combo Forest-Faith, but I don't complain wherever Faith is played during the show :-D)

rybian

Quote from: psychophysio on August 14, 2007, 13:59:25
Great show!  :rocker
No recording - too loud for my machine so no go. I danced and sang too much for it to have been any good either...

Mike

I recorded the whole show - Iriver H320/Giant Squid mics with a 9volt battery box.Recorded from the back of the floor near the mixing desk.Keep checking my site over the next few days for it to be posted www.kiwiconcerts.blogspot.com

I'm waiting a day or so for my ears to recover before I give it a serious listen and see what tweaking needs to be done but have given parts of it a quick play to check i have the whole show.The bass and kick drum sound was massive where I was and while Bob's voice is very clear there is some clipping on parts in the low end due to the aforementioned bass. I have heard a lot worse in the past to be honest and believe i can clean this up to a pretty acceptable level.

dsanchez

Quote from: rybian on August 14, 2007, 22:10:05
I recorded the whole show - Iriver H320/Giant Squid mics with a 9volt battery box.Recorded from the back of the floor near the mixing desk.Keep checking my site over the next few days for it to be posted www.kiwiconcerts.blogspot.com

That's cool! We will be looking forward to it  :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Gig review: The Cure
"The British act that hates to be classified (don't call them a goth group) thrilled a near sell-out crowd at Auckland's Vector Arena with a massive 3 hour and ten minute set that spanned the band's 12 albums."

Complete here
http://www.stuff.co.nz/4164824a1860.html
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

I recorded the whole show - Iriver H320/Giant Squid mics with a 9volt battery box.Recorded from the back of the floor near the mixing desk.Keep checking my site over the next few days for it to be posted.

Glad to hear someone taped it.  Any chance of it being uploaded in lossless?  If you need the sapce to host it, pm me.  I (as do others here) have a ton of websapce available to host it.

crowbi_wan

I'm waiting a day or so for my ears to recover before I give it a serious listen and see what tweaking needs to be done but have given parts of it a quick play to check i have the whole show.The bass and kick drum sound was massive where I was and while Bob's voice is very clear there is some clipping on parts in the low end due to the aforementioned bass. I have heard a lot worse in the past to be honest and believe i can clean this up to a pretty acceptable level.

:rocker

Excellent news!  You are definitely the hero of the day.  :smth023