U2 World Tour 2009/2010

Started by dsanchez, March 04, 2009, 22:38:20

Previous topic - Next topic

crowbi_wan

Just as I figured.  More US dates announced after the first leg of the US tour.  Seems they'll come back here before leg two in Europe. 

6 June, 2010    Anaheim    CA    US    Angel Stadium
12 June, 2010    Denver    CO    US    Invesco Field
16 June, 2010    Oakland    CA    US    Oakland Coliseum
20 June, 2010    Seattle    WA    US    Qwest Field
23 June, 2010    Edmonton    CA    Commonwealth Stadium
30 June, 2010    East Lansing    MI    Spartan Stadium
3 July, 2010    Toronto    ON    CA    Rogers Centre
6 July, 2010    Chicago    IL    US    Soldier Field
9 July, 2010    Miami    FL    US    Land Shark Stadium
12 July, 2010    Philadelphia    PA    Lincoln Financial Field
16 July, 2010    Montreal    QC    Venue TBA
19 July, 2010    New York    NY    New Meadowlands Stadium

Lots of gaps = room for shows to be added, though Toronto and Chicago will be one show only.  Pencil me in for Seattle.   :) 

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 28, 2009, 20:58:59
they sold out the finnish olympic stadium so fast that the band added a second show, due to huge demand for tickets.
the second one sold out within minutes too. i guess it's partially because they don't play other scandinavian shows this time.

Did you end up getting a ticket to one of the two?

Lady

August 6th Turin Stadio Olimpico 
October 8th Rome Olympic Stadium

:-D :-D :-D

I hope to get the tickets tomorrow!!!! :roll:
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on October 29, 2009, 01:33:09
Just as I figured.  More US dates announced after the first leg of the US tour.  Seems they'll come back here before leg two in Europe. 

6 June, 2010    Anaheim    CA    US    Angel Stadium
12 June, 2010    Denver    CO    US    Invesco Field
16 June, 2010    Oakland    CA    US    Oakland Coliseum
20 June, 2010    Seattle    WA    US    Qwest Field
23 June, 2010    Edmonton    CA    Commonwealth Stadium
30 June, 2010    East Lansing    MI    Spartan Stadium
3 July, 2010    Toronto    ON    CA    Rogers Centre
6 July, 2010    Chicago    IL    US    Soldier Field
9 July, 2010    Miami    FL    US    Land Shark Stadium
12 July, 2010    Philadelphia    PA    Lincoln Financial Field
16 July, 2010    Montreal    QC    Venue TBA
19 July, 2010    New York    NY    New Meadowlands Stadium

Lots of gaps = room for shows to be added, though Toronto and Chicago will be one show only.  Pencil me in for Seattle.   :) 

Updated:

· 2010-06-06 - Anaheim, California, USA - Angel Stadium
· 2010-06-07 - Anaheim, California, USA - Angel Stadium
· 2010-06-12 - Denver, Colorado, USA - Invesco Field
· 2010-06-16 - Oakland, California, USA - Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum
· 2010-06-20 - Seattle, Washington, USA - Qwest Field
· 2010-06-23 - Edmonton, Alberta, Canada - Commonwealth Stadium
· 2010-06-27 - Minneapolis, Minnesota, USA - TCF Bank Stadium
· 2010-06-30 - East Lansing, Michigan, USA - Spartan Stadium
· 2010-07-03 - Toronto, Ontario, Canada - Rogers Centre
· 2010-07-06 - Chicago, Illinois, USA - Soldier Field
· 2010-07-09 - Miami, Florida, USA - Land Shark Stadium
· 2010-07-12 - Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, USA - Lincoln Financial Field
· 2010-07-16 - Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Hippodrome de Montréal
· 2010-07-17 - Montreal, Quebec, Canada - Hippodrome de Montréal
· 2010-07-19 - East Rutherford, New Jersey, USA - New Meadowlands Stadium

Huh, I wish I had been paying more attention to this. Tickets for the Minneapolis show went on sale a couple weeks ago, so I guess now all the prime ones will be scalped for $700 or something like that. Great!  :roll:

But in all reality, the chances of getting something good from the get-go would have probably been slim anyway. At least that's my experience with Ticketmaster and high-demand shows. I'd probably have to end up pursuing other avenues anyway. Mind you, this is all assuming I really want to see them after all.   8)

japanesebaby

just saw the band this weekend.
i was really positively suprised, they still put up a very good show.  :rocker

it was fun to be in the pit, with all those moving bridges going over your head etc.

'ultraviolet' - :rocker

i really wish the cure could still put up a show like that
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on August 22, 2010, 13:17:14
just saw the band this weekend.
i was really positively suprised, they still put up a very good show.  :rocker

Glad to hear you enjoyed it.  Did they play any new material?  Bono had mentioned adding a few new tracks to the set once they got back on the road.  I haven't been keeping up much since the Seattle show isn't happening for 9+ months  :? 

crowbi_wan

Lady

I'm going to be in Rome in october....can't wait!! :roll:
Glad to read all the positive comments about the band, yeah they're still great and it's good to see  that after 30 years of career they carry on projecting new albums, remixes, tours.... :D
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]

Lady

The show in Rome was fantastic with a great setlist: bad, until the end of the world, i will follow...and a wonderful coreography made by the fans!!! I was so excited!!!!! :rocker :smth049 :cry:
Soon i will post some pics, here is the complete setlist:  :smth023

Main set: Return of the Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until the End of the World - Anthem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad - All I Want Is You, Mercy, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Teenage Kicks, Relax - I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Two Tribes, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Get Up Stand Up, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore: One, Amazing Grace - Where the Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With or Without You, Happy Birthday, Moment of Surrender

disintegration

Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

crowbi_wan

Glad to hear they didn't disappoint.  :smth023  Still several months away before their rescheduled US tour gets underway. 

japanesebaby

Quote from: Lady on October 10, 2010, 12:16:21
The show in Rome was fantastic with a great setlist: bad, until the end of the world, i will follow...and a wonderful coreography made by the fans!!! I was so excited!!!!! :rocker :smth049 :cry:
Soon i will post some pics, here is the complete setlist:  :smth023

Main set: Return of the Stingray Guitar, Beautiful Day, I Will Follow, Get On Your Boots, Magnificent, Mysterious Ways, Elevation, Until the End of the World - Anthem, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For, Bad - All I Want Is You, Mercy, In A Little While, Miss Sarajevo, City of Blinding Lights, Vertigo - Teenage Kicks, Relax - I'll Go Crazy (remix) - Two Tribes, Sunday Bloody Sunday - Get Up Stand Up, MLK, Walk On - You'll Never Walk Alone

Encore: One, Amazing Grace - Where the Streets Have No Name, Hold Me Thrill Me Kiss Me Kill Me, With or Without You, Happy Birthday, Moment of Surrender

:smth023 & you got Bad, that's really nice.
was roma the last show on the european leg of the tour btw?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Lady

Quote from: japanesebaby on October 12, 2010, 01:12:11

:smth023 & you got Bad, that's really nice.
was roma the last show on the european leg of the tour btw?
Yes this show was the last one....Bad was magic!! :roll:  Imho this setlist was the best one played in Italy after Turin 2001!
By the way there are some rumors about new gigs in Ireland, England and France in 2011...we hope so! :-D

Lady

Here is a video of the coreography made by the fans of the most important italian fans forum during the show in rome...as you can notice, Bono is so moved  that he stops singing!!! :)

U2 Rome 08/10/2010-Bono si emoziona x la coreografia-I still haven't found what i'm looking for.wmv

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on October 21, 2010, 23:17:01
Here is a video of the choreography made by the fans of the most important Italian fans forum during the show in Rome...as you can notice, Bono is so moved  that he stops singing!!! :)

that's amazing... all fans should be as passionated as the Italians!

anyway, Bono, Paul McCartney and Sting have been invited next year to sing in Machu Picchu for the 100 years of the discovery of the Inca's citadel:

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2010-11-11-mccartney-sting-y-bono-invitados-a-cantar-en-machu-picchu-noticia_310153.html

sorry, it's in Spanish. I wish they would invite Robert Smith, too :roll:
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo