2011.09.10 Newport - Robin Hill Countryside Adventure Park 'Bestival 2011' (England)

Started by monghi, December 01, 2010, 11:08:08

Previous topic - Next topic

Are you going to this show?

You may only select up to 2 options.

Trust...

Quote from: dsanchez on December 01, 2010, 19:58:39
I would say: Be patient and wait for more news. Bob has said "this will be the only European festival where we will play in 2011". He didn't rule out the possibility of other concerts ;)

Yeah right ...
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

danny999911

Living in London I would say this is about the standard price for festivals in this country. I would think that it will sell out, but not for months and months, so you have plenty of time to decide, and even if it does sell out you can normally get tickets off people that can't make it on ebay or other websites for face value.

Still, it's very expensive just to see one band play for 90 minutes and I don't think I will be going. However I think in at least one previous year they have released day tickets closer to the date for about £60, but this may well not be the case this year.

I don't see why they would get together the band and the crew, rehearse everything again and go to a massive effort just to play one festival for 90 mins. This must mean some other dates.

othervoices

I would tout Lollapolooza as a possiblity for August 2011... Probably easier for me (living in NE England) to get too than the IOW!

Trust...

Official news from Robert  :D

http://www.thecure.com/blog/default.aspx?nid=32463&cmnt=1#s_comments_anchor

THE CURE (ONLY EUROPEAN SHOW 2011)
creeeeeak... AS OF DECEMBER 3RD 2010, THIS IS THE ONLY CURE PERFORMANCE OF ANY DESCRIPTION BOOKED FOR 2011... WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING ANY OTHER EUROPEAN FESTIVALS, AND UNLESS SOMETHING REMARKABLE HAPPENS, WE WILL NOT BE PLAYING ANY OTHER EUROPEAN SHOWS! THIS IS AS CLEAR AND AS DEFINITE AS WE CAN BE... SO IF YOU WANT TO EXPERIENCE 120+ MINUTES OF THE CURE NEXT YEAR (AS WELL AS A DAZZLING PANOPLY OF OTHER GREAT ACTS) WE WOULD STRONGLY SUGGEST YOU GO TO BESTIVAL! (HOWEVER, IF YOU LIVE IN SOUTH AMERICA, YOU MIGHT CONSIDER WAITING A WHILE BEFORE BOOKING YOUR TICKET... YOU NEVER KNOW... ) ONWARDS! RSX

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Druide

...Dancing in my pocket...

Trust...

The Loudest Cure

The further we go And older we grow The more we know The less we show.

Trust...

COOL to see I'm not THE ONLY ONE  8) 
It's a loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong time for waiting,
but I really look forward too it  :D

dsanchez

I'm happy for you guys! From my side, I just don't know. The concert will take place in almost 10 months, and I don't know what will be of me by then :P

So I prefer to wait... I'm pretty sure The Cure will play other dates. They won't just go to play only this big festival after almost 2 years of inactivity.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

skellington

Ya I really hope they play other places (cough North America cough) Its a really long way for me to go and I just took a trip to England this summer so the odds don't look good. However I would go if it was the only show they are playing because the Cure are worth it and I do not want to miss an opportunity to see my favourite band play 120+ minutes of heavenly bliss. Although, I've never been to a music festival before so I have no idea what to expect. I think I will wait a while till I know more...I hope I'm not making a mistake! :(
Its Just Like a Dream...:)

dsanchez

Quote from: skellington on December 05, 2010, 23:40:39
I hope I'm not making a mistake! :(

I don't think you're making a mistake. There are still 10 long months until this festival and, as I said before, I'm pretty sure The Cure will play other shows next year.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Lady

Quote from: dsanchez on December 06, 2010, 11:20:09
Quote from: skellington on December 05, 2010, 23:40:39
I hope I'm not making a mistake! :(

I don't think you're making a mistake. There are still long 10 months until this festival and as I said before, I'm pretty sure The Cure will play other shows next year.
I agree with you, I'm going to wait...just to be sure!!! :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]