2011.05.31 Sydney - Sydney Opera House (Australia)

Started by dsanchez, May 03, 2011, 21:11:09

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

devoblue

Thanks Trust, you found my first upload of Subway Song (I went to be before it finished)
f*ck Parental Advisory.  Mines a Pint.

Trust...

Quote from: devoblue on May 31, 2011, 23:00:05
Thanks Trust, you found my first upload of Subway Song (I went to be before it finished)

No thanks to you devoblue  :smth023 So you are already awake ;)
How was it?

Trust...

Quote from: devoblue on May 31, 2011, 23:00:05

So you where amazing close then? Robert so in Close-up  :smth023

devoblue

No, my camera has 24 optical zooms and I took that one especially.

I have descent, splintered, and charlotte on the way with wider angle, and a super close up of the the bass on forest.  You'll need to find them, I'll be away when they finish.

Lady

~*CherryRed*~
billee
MicroGabs
scatcat
devoblue
Secrets
Sussex
kissingcrimson
bomber1978
DeanLovesTheCure

Ehi lucky guys we wait for your hot comments!!! ;) :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: devoblue on May 31, 2011, 23:15:13
I have descent, splintered, and charlotte on the way with wider angle, and a super close up of the the bass on forest.  You'll need to find them, I'll be away when they finish.

Thanks a lot for your live updates and for these videos :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Trust...

Quote from: devoblue on May 31, 2011, 23:15:13
No, my camera has 24 optical zooms and I took that one especially.

Great! Thank you devoblue :) Oh I'm so glad you have Charlotte, I Search them for you, no problem. Thanks again!

devoblue

My seat wasnt actually far away, it was pretty good in box C.  The zoom makes a big difference though and I didn't want to spend the whole show starring at a little screen.

I probably have the other songs you want also, like World War, I'm Cold, and another Journey.  No chance of uploading them before I get back from the next show.

Also have the entire faith set, entire first encore, 10:15, grinding halt, meat hook, so what, play for today, and maybe one or two more.

dsanchez

Am I too excited or Jason's drum sounds better now?!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Virpi on May 31, 2011, 21:24:45
I would like to thank all of you
This is really cool that all the world's Cure fans to share information with each other.
Special thanks to David about this forum.  :smth023

Thanks to you Virpi (and thanks to everyone), this site wouldn't exist without the members support :smth023
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: dsanchez on May 31, 2011, 23:36:43
Am I too excited or Jason's drum sounds better now?!

Listening "Doubt" now, what an awesome song and what a gream drums! Bravo Jason!
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

dsanchez

Quote from: Lady on May 31, 2011, 23:20:10
Ehi lucky guys we wait for your hot comments!!! ;) :-D

Well, I think they are just waking up now. Soon is 08h00 in Sydney. What a great night they had yesterday. Sussex definitely took the right decision by going to this concert. Yesterday's gig was one of the most epic moments in Cure's history.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

devoblue

DeanLovesTheCure

Wow! what a night!

It's almost like a dream, one in which I still struggle to believe I had let alone one which actually happened :D

It really was a magical night... from the people dancing in their seats as well as those who stood up and grooved along to the beat, not to mention the girl in the white dress & pink hair who was fully channelling Cyndi Lauper in "Girls just wanna have fun".

The guys were in excellent form and even though Robert didn't always wail like only he can, giving a more restrained performance on the whole I felt, it actually suited the mood of these early albums better.

It was really special to see the layering of sound grow more and more intense as Roger and then Tol joined the stage culminating for what was for me a perfect performance of the Faith album.

Speaking of which...It was incredible to see a show with Lol Tolhurst as well....I mean not because he was the best player in the history of The Cure (actually probably far from it) but for the history behind it and for what he meant to the first 10 or so years of The Cure.
& hearing that simple yet powerful gong on "the Holy Hour"...:)

Back to the playing for a sec, I must give special mention to:

-Jason's drumming
- The crowds reaction to 'A forest'
- The fact that there were 3 (THREE!) encores and that it was tastefully and cleverly done ending with a 3rd encore composed entirely of some of the upbeat songs that define The Cure as well as their brooding masterpieces.

It was also great meeting devoblue, my fellow Cure fanatics from Malaysia as well as the rest of the gang before the show, go curefans.com!

It will be interesting to see what they play for the encore tonight; also, to see if the crowd sings happy birthday to Simon (Happy Birthday btw!).
I can't wait for the DVD!!!

Bottom-line is that yeah music is important to me and if anything I am a metalhead (Iron Maiden, Metallica, Opeth, Orhpaned Land, KoRn etc etc) and always will be but when it comes down to it, no matter whether I am happy or sad, stressed or relaxed, single or with a partner, or one day in the future when I'm married with kids, garndkids, greatgrandkids etc etc, I will always have The Cure in my life. They are that special.

And so was last night.

Enjoy tonight kids for those that are going again. Peace :)