A Boy I Never Knew

Started by devoblue, October 22, 2007, 07:33:51

Previous topic - Next topic

dsanchez

Can anyone re-upload this song and maybe post the lyrics too?. For those non-english speakers might be hard to understand all what Bob is saying :smth001
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

j

Quote from: dsanchez on October 29, 2007, 17:53:54
Can anyone re-upload this song and maybe post the lyrics too?. For those non-english speakers might be hard to understand all what Bob is saying :smth001

http://www.alettertoelise.org/users/share/file010803.wav

Tof

A Boy I Never Knew

To have his arms around me, to sense his perfect trust
I'd give all I ever had...all I ever had...

I'd love to see him dream, I'd love to watch him sleep
To have his arms around me, ?
Held his arms in mine, sense his perfect trust
I'd give all I ever had for a moment of his love

He's my heart and my soul
He's my blood and my bones
He's my prayers and my hope
My wishes and dreams
Seems so long ago, so long ago...

I'd love to watch him dream, love to see him sleep
To have his arms around me, feel him as he breathes
Hold his hands in mine, sense his perfect trust
I'd give all I ever had for a moment of his love

He's my prayers and my hopes
My wishes and dreams
Seems so long ago...

He's my prayers and my hopes
My wishes and dreams

A boy I never knew
And the man I'll never know
I'll never know, I'll never know...

To have his arms around me, sense his perfect trust
I'd give all I ever had...
Tof

Cure

wow
thnx 4 this!!

btw, any new songs from 'the cure' sessions?
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

cure89

:roll: But where can I listen to this song???

j

Quote from: cure89 on October 30, 2007, 08:43:45
:roll: But where can I listen to this song???

????  Look a few posts above this....

ROGUE

Thank you J ~  Is such a touching song.  :smth020
Really appreciate it   :smth045

drowning

sorry CF to hear that !!!!

i like the song also, because it reminds me on my son. he is 14 month old.
and it reminds me when my doctor said, that my cancer is back on track.
and i thought, how long can i see my son growing ?
how long can i be part of his live.

but the song shows us, that the cure still can catch us in emotions and makes us cry.
and thats one of the millions reasons why the cure is the best band for me.

scatcat

OOOhhh  drowning.. how my heart leaps out to you.This thread has really turned into an out-pouring of life experiences and from my experience... love of what life really is.. I would like you to think about this.. I in no way diminish your life with your son, or the lfe that is to come..  :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049 :smth049

Words never comfort you.. people don't understand.. they don't want to talk "about it" because they don't want to upset you.. I remember the Maternal Health Nurse who visited me after my first son had died.. she was traumatised because she was not experienced in grief.. she couldnot find ANY words of comfort.. Yet on the other scale.. there are those who say the MOST inappropriate things such as " It is for the better.. maybe there was something WRONG with the baby"!!! My only support was family and my husband.
There is enough guilt when something like this happens..

I offer you the strength to embrace EVERYDAY that you have. That is what life is about. That is all that matters. Forget about everything else.

Please fight the doubts, the unknown.. because science has it wrong sometimes. your son will never forget you. They remember smells, voices, comfort and security, happiness and laughter.

I am sooo sorry for your situation, promise me that you will keep a positive mind and don't forget to everyday tell your son that he is loved by you. He is special.

My son is my Soul Doctor. I would not be here without him. He knows that. let your son know that. Write it down, record in video, and put aside special keepsakes.. it's very special to my son when I bring keepsakes out to show him how much he means to me.

Oh I wish I could help you more.. :smth059  sending you an angel honey...

:smth083
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

ROGUE

Thats nice words Lara,
Touches my heart deeply also. A friend of mine died of breast cancer not so long ago, she fought it so hard, so many times, after the birth of her twin daughters,
I thought she had it beaten- well she did for about 4yrs, but it came back also.
But she fought it before when the doctors said she couldnt, she did survive and was very strong.

Her daughters are beautiful 10 yrs old now, she died a few months ago, and i really believe she watches over her children, with love like a guardian angel, love only a mother can feel.
That is a really nice idea to write a letter, and hide a few cherished things for your son to read, when he is ready.

Best wishes and much love. 

drowning

this turned out to be a very emotionaly and personally thread.
to hear what you are going through life makes this something special.
in may a doctor told me that i have testicular cancer, after running over 2 month from doctor to doctor because of my hurtings. in the moment he told me that i began to fight. never thought there could had been another option (death). i fought 4 cycles of chemotherapy and it looked at the beginning of september like i have won the fight.i was very happy, made plans for my personal cure 2008 tour.
and at the end of september the hurting began again. back in hospital....and the war starts again. cancer wasn´t gone, but we will make another chemotherapy. it will last till february so no live cure for me. and there is still a change of healing because i was so soon in hospital. last week first cycle of chemotheapy ended, and i got so ill, that i had to get back in hospital. where i am isolated since thursday last week. but its going better everyday and maybe isolation is over tomorrow and i will be back home on saturday. i will not fnish the fight until war against my cancer is over. and i happy for everyday i will see my on, life my live, can hear the cure music, enjoy live......
and you helped me a lot with your words. its so nice to see, that people i don´t know talk positiv to me.....
and one thing we have here all in common is the love of the cure. over 20 years this music is a big part of my live and also in this war it helps me again. and so emotional songs like "theboy i never knew" which awakes so much emotion by all of us is wonderfull. you can´t belive how it is to be isolated in hospital, and downloading new cure songs. and that is why i want to thank all of you a thousand times.

and i know it will be a hard war against my cancer, and i am so sad, that i can´t see the cure 2008, i will see them with their next worldtour.
and than i will be at the concert at paris.2010  :smth023

Cure

drowning i reely wish u all the best
hope u'll recover soon

'Fight fight fight
Just push it away
Fight fight fight
Just push it until it breaks
Fight fight fight
Don't cry at the pain
Fight fight fight
Or watch yourself burn again
Fight fight fight
Don't howl like a dog
Fight fight
Just fill up the sky
Fight fight fight
Fight til you drop
Fight fight fight
And never never
Never stop'
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Cure Freak

Agree, this thread has turned into a very emotional one.
drowning, so sorry to hear that you have cancer. But, scatcat said it al and so beautifully, well put. Glad to hear that you will be strong and positive during this time in your life. And things do have a way of turning around. My thoughts will be with you and I wish you the best, as well.

My daughter will always be with me. I know this. I see her every day. I have her urn with her ashes in a vert special place set up for her in my living room. She will always be in my heart and my soul.

ROGUE

Keep holding on Drowning, hold onto the things you know and love,
and fight so hard. Try to stay positive, and dont accept negative as truth.
There are alot of good books too, that can help, with inspiration.
Really glad the music touches you, Dont let go.

I be thinking of you, and wishing you well  :)

drowning

thanks a lot for our wishes.
maybe tomorrow ican lleave hospital for a weak.

the good thing is, next friday we continue with the second part of the chemotherapy.

i remembering a interview where robert said, that curefans look gloomy and dark but are special, when its time zo fight they fight.(about the sog fight)
and for me there is no alternative !
i want to life my live. enjoy the good things in the wolrd. listen to the cure, listen to the new album which is called "4:32" and wait for the next tour 2009 to see them again live !