Best of 4:13 Dream

Started by dsanchez, September 02, 2010, 12:27:58

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favourite song in this album?

Violator

"The Scream." Claustrophobic perfection

Szigi

01 The Scream (Forever-tribute, and again, somehow honest. "Something really isn't right...")
02 Freakshow (cool basses, groovy song)
03 Switch (speedy rock song, and it has some memorable lyrics. This is not a good song, but I haven't got any idea what i put in the 3th place :( 4:13 Nightmare :( )

MeltingMan

01 The Scream
02 Freakshow
03 The Hungry Ghost
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

revolt_again

My favourite is 'The Scream', because it is very well written (both the music and the lyrics) and because it's the most intense song on the album. I usually go for the more intense stuff, even if sometimes there are exceptions (such as 'Close to Me' from the 'The Head on the Door' album)...

It's interesting to discover that 'The Scream' is a bit like a continuation of 'Three', 'Forever', 'All Mine' or 'Lost'. Not really a copy, but more like a progression based on a similar idea. And I think it is also interesting to find here some similarities with Siouxsie & The Banshees' first album (called 'The Scream', curiously enough).

MeltingMan

Quote from: revolt_again on March 21, 2014, 11:01:03
My favourite is 'The Scream', because it is very well written (both the music and the lyrics) and because it's the most intense song on the album. I usually go for the more intense stuff, even if sometimes there are exceptions (such as 'Close to Me' from the 'The Head on the Door' album)...

It's interesting to discover that 'The Scream' is a bit like a continuation of 'Three', 'Forever', 'All Mine' or 'Lost'. Not really a copy, but more like a progression based on a similar idea. And I think it is also interesting to find here some similarities with Siouxsie & The Banshees' first album (called 'The Scream', curiously enough).
This song is also similar to "Cut" from "Wish", as well the sequence on the album,
but I'm not sure. Well...nearly. ;)
En cette nation [Russie] qui n'a pas eu de théoriciens et de démagogues,
les pires ferments de destruction ont apparu. (J. Péladan)

revolt_again

Quote from: MeltingMan on March 21, 2014, 13:08:56
Quote from: revolt_again on March 21, 2014, 11:01:03

This song is also similar to "Cut" from "Wish",as well the sequence on the album,
but I'm not sure.Well...nearly. ;)

Well, 'Cut' might have some similarities too, but I think that they're not as clear/obvious as the other ones mentioned. The thing with 'Cut', however - and this is more on a side note - is that it is so poorly arranged/produced on the 'Wish' album that it ruins the effect it might intend to have. The bass guitar has not enough presence, the guitars go on for too long with that pointless wah-wah noise, and on top of that RS sings/screams to the point of hysteria. It's simply not good. The previous version as played live on the 'Play Out' VHS video was clearly better (though the song was known as 'Away' back then). I actually agree that making the song faster and angrier could have been a good idea, it's just that the way they executed that idea was poor, in my opinion.

Brigitte Saint-Pé

Hi     My fav of 4:13 :  Sleep When I'm Dead.....probably because it was from the era The Head on The Door 1985....