Cure songs that you don't like

Started by Filipe, August 23, 2005, 01:02:56

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfSomeIsland

World War
Dressing Up (Paris version is ok, Top version sucks)
Screw
Never
Us or Them

closedown

amongst others Club America, Give Me It, Mr Pink Eyes, Hot Hot Hot, Fight, Wendy Time, Cut, Screw, Never Enough (especially live...) + nearly the whole The Cure album...

Cure

i can't find a song i hate..
[b]floating here like this with you
underneath the stars
alight for 13 billion years
the view is beautiful
and ours alone tonight
underneath the stars
[/b]

Janko

I DONT HATE ANY SONG IN PARTICULAR BUT I DONT LIKE THE STUFF THEY DID STARTING WITH "WHY CANT I BE YOU?" AND "HOT HOT HOT" GOING THROUGH "NEVER ENOUGH" AND CLOSING WITH "WRONG NUMBER" AND "JUST SAY YES" ...

THOSE SONGS DONT FIT INTO MY VISION OF THE CURE

:?
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

Laurent

Never, Round and round and round,Torture, Wendy time ( the Wish version ), 39, Friday i'm in love,

B-Flower

I woudn't say I hate some of Cure's songs, 'cause the situation can change! I used to hate Shiver and Shake but after I saw it live at Rock'n'Coke Fest in Istanbul, I began to love it and now I think it's a brilliant song :)

Mmmm, the songs I dislike:
Boys Don't Cry - it's a wonderful pop-song, I used to love it very much, but why, for God's sake, the Cure play it at every concert it seems?! It's highly over-played and now I can't stand it anymore :(
Before Three - I dislike it don't know why!  :shock: The melody is beautiful, Robert sings lovely, but somehow it doesn't work for me....
Wendy Time - no comments...
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

japanesebaby

Quote from: B-Flower on May 05, 2007, 21:22:42
but why, for God's sake, the Cure play it at every concert it seems?!
i agree, that is a good question indeed. *sigh*

i don't think wendy time is quite as bad song. imo the choice of tempo/character/arrangement on the album is more to blame if something, not the song itself. the early version that they played on the T&C II gig is totally different in that respect and i think it proves that it's not a bad song as such.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

B-Flower

Quote from: japanesebaby on May 05, 2007, 21:31:55
Quote from: B-Flower on May 05, 2007, 21:22:42
but why, for God's sake, the Cure play it at every concert it seems?!
i agree, that is a good question indeed. *sigh*

i don't think wendy time is quite as bad song. imo the choice of tempo/character/arrangement on the album is more to blame if something, not the song itself. the early version that they played on the T&C II gig is totally different in that respect and i think it proves that it's not a bad song as such.

It may seem odd, but I do like the Play Out version - it's lovely!  :smth020 but what did happen to this song on its way to the album?!  :smth011
How time will heal, make me forget?!
YOU PROMISED ME!!!

strange_day

Quote from: ontrack on April 22, 2007, 13:25:52
And what about The Snakepit?

It´s horrible (in my opinion).

:smth011

Yeah, ive never liked this one much either, its probably one of the most boring Cure songs, im glad they dont play it much, i can see why.

Bloodflower

I rather like The Snakepit, actually. I was disappointed to see that it was played at the 2007 for soundcheck, but not in the actual show. Made me sad, really.
Another Curefan for The Dark Christmas album.

leipzigcure

The Songs that I always have hated due to for me always have sounded very terrible and ridiculous and I don´t know why Robert always have played the same set in every show¿?, well my answer are the next songs:

1.From the edge of the deep green sea(I hate this song because every show The Cure never have left to play this f*cking song)

2.Watching Me Fall(Terrible!!!)

3.Trap(I think that doesn´t a Cure song because the distorsion of guitarrs so as the voice of Robert are very bad)

4.I don´t liked all the album The Cure 2004(For me The Cure died when I listened this terrible album)

5.Club America

Cheers!!! :-D
Leipzigcure "Secrets share with another girl, I Wish I was your.."

lostflower4

Quote from: leipzigcure on May 14, 2007, 18:29:161.From the edge of the deep green sea(I hate this song because every show The Cure never have left to play this f*cking song)

I think this song rocked when they played it on the Wish Tour. But I agree, when they played it during almost every concert on every tour after that, it started to get really old for me. And it really drags at times with Perry and Jason behind it.

I think it's better now with Porl back, but they could put it away for some time and it wouldn't really bother me. I could say the same about many other songs too.

splitmilk34

How can an album KILL a band for you?  Is that even possible?  Infuriating as some things may be, "The Cure" as an album was certainly not the worst thing released in 2004.  Not to mention that as far as bad albums by great bands, this effort wouldn't even be a blip on that radar.  You have bands like the Rolling Stones whose efforts post 1979 have been all equally subpar, Lou Reed put out Metal Machine Music, New Order decided to go on after Power, Corruption & Lies... etc. 
Granted, some songs by The Cure are subpar (I've already answered this post months ago), and they could certainly put some live songs away for awhile (aforementioned FTEOTDGS, Inbetween Days, JLH, etc)... but I don't see how one who calls oneself a fan could say they've put out an album that absolutely killed the band.  Especially saying it was "The Cure" and not something like "WMS" (which I happen to enjoy enough).  I don't know...
"... sleeping less every night"

strange_day

I agree, people go way over the top when criticising these things, i personally dont think its that bad an album, i wouldnt say its my favourite ever but its hardly put me off them at all. In fact i watched a live version of Us Or Them from southside festival recently, and i thought it was better than the album version. The albums im sick of most are KM KM KM and Head on the Door. Id rather they play something like The Promise than Inbetween days or Just Like Heaven.......

lostflower4

Quote from: splitmilk34 on May 15, 2007, 17:01:09Infuriating as some things may be, "The Cure" as an album was certainly not the worst thing released in 2004.  Not to mention that as far as bad albums by great bands, this effort wouldn't even be a blip on that radar.

Good point. Cure fans are definitely spoiled. Almost everything is excellent, so even the average stuff stands out. :D