hi from Hellas

Started by iliast, September 29, 2018, 06:04:02

Previous topic - Next topic

iliast

dsanchez

Hi and welcome to curefans.com! Ready for The Cure in Athens?! :)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Life is only a dream and we are the imagination of ourselves

iliast

Quote from: dsanchez on October 01, 2018, 14:51:48
Hi and welcome to curefans.com! Ready for The Cure in Athens?! :)

By all means!!

Ulrich

Hell(o) to Hell(as)!  ;)  :1f637:
The holy city breathed like a dying man...

iliast

Ulrich

The holy city breathed like a dying man...

chemicaloverload

Hellas is such a cool name for a place. I can imagine saying that on a night out...so where you from?...Hellas  :cool

dsanchez

A cool name indeed :)

"The name of Greece differs in Greek compared with the names used for the country in other languages and cultures, just like the names of the Greeks. The ancient and modern name of the country is Hellas or Hellada (Greek: Ελλάς, Ελλάδα; in polytonic: Ἑλλάς, Ἑλλάδα), and its official name is the Hellenic Republic "Heliniki Dimokratia".

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Name_of_Greece
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

chemicaloverload

Quote from: dsanchez on October 02, 2018, 22:28:28

"The name of Greece differs in Greek compared with the names used for the country in other languages and cultures, just like the names of the Greeks. The ancient and modern name of the country is Hellas or Hellada (Greek: Ελλάς, Ελλάδα; in polytonic: Ἑλλάς, Ἑλλάδα), and its official name is the Hellenic Republic "Heliniki Dimokratia".

learn something new everyday :) thank you!

iliast

Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 02, 2018, 22:34:39

It's like Sverige=Sweden or Netherlands=Holland
If you will ask someone from these two countries, probably they will answer using the names Sverige or Netherlands.

iliast

Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 02, 2018, 21:43:51
Hellas is such a cool name for a place. I can imagine saying that on a night out...so where you from?...Hellas  :cool

Drama, Macedonia

chemicaloverload

Quote from: iliast on October 03, 2018, 11:47:00
Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 02, 2018, 22:34:39

It's like Sverige=Sweden or Netherlands=Holland
If you will ask someone from these two countries, probably they will answer using the names Sverige or Netherlands.

Yeah, my Dutch friends tend to call it the Netherlands, my Swedish homie not so much. Hellas is a new concept for me altogether, I've never been to Greece. I hear such wonderful things about it, especially Crete  :happy Are you yourself from Athens? I read the things you've posted on the Greek tour stop

dsanchez

Quote from: chemicaloverload on October 03, 2018, 17:39:23
I've never been to Greece

you have the chance to go next year for The Cure ;)
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo