The album got pushed to 2008, more like an April/May release

Started by monghi, August 10, 2007, 07:36:38

Previous topic - Next topic

bloodflowersuk

Euro is strong dollar is weak. Internet search should show up some flight bargains!!!
bloodflowersuk

melly

Quote from: Steve on April 25, 2008, 08:07:05
Woah, this is beginning to look like the official site. :shock:

:smth017 what do u mean?

I see on the link provided, the CD has been bought...says "this item has ended with buy it now"... anyone here??
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

Quote from: melly on April 25, 2008, 10:47:30

I see on the link provided, the CD has been bought...says "this item has ended with buy it now"... anyone here??

Hi Melly
I was referring to the angry comments being posted up above, but never mind.
The guy that bought it, I met in London before the Wembley show. Nice guy & he buys almost every version of everything if he can.
I dropped him a line & he told me he bought the item & apparently won't get it until 13th May, so even he's not sure what's in it.
I will be looking around for pre-sales this weekend though.
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

just read on COF..I rarely go there btw..that this cd, "The Only One" is, infact "Please Project"...kewl, I love that ditty!!

Steve....Ohhhh I see what u mean...thought u were referring to scatcat and I as resident lunatics... well, not far off I guess!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

Quote from: melly on April 25, 2008, 11:36:40
just read on COF..I rarely go there btw..that this cd, "The Only One" is, infact "Please Project"...kewl, I love that ditty!!

Steve....Ohhhh I see what u mean...thought u were referring to scatcat and I as resident lunatics... well, not far off I guess!!

Well, there is that too  :-D
Yeah, seems they finally gave it a name, after all the "have no idea what this one's called" comments at the shows.
It was listed as The Only One on the MTV broadcast too
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

[labyrinth]

single confirmed !

from CoF :

Single releases confirmed!

100% confirmed by Universal. Names and locations deleted to protect the innocent:

"Universal is going to announce full info on april 28th, 2008.
There will be 4 tracks released from the album in the lead up to its release in September - one a month for the next 4 months. A physical CD single and digital download will be made available simultaneously. The single versions are edits (each will have Mix 13 on the artwork per the attached) and not the album versions. None of the B sides will appear on the album.
The b-side on The Only One will be a song called Ny Trip".
(Thanks anonymous)

japanesebaby

Quote from: Steve on April 25, 2008, 10:56:27
Quote from: melly on April 25, 2008, 10:47:30

Hi Melly
I was referring to the angry comments being posted up above, but never mind.

hmmm i don't see any particularly angry comments - i do see people having different opinions and different interpretations but that's different imo. if everyone would be like "yeahyeahyeah everything's bloody great whooaaah!!" all the time then what would be the point? imo people are entitled to express their opinion as long as they have some reasonable grounds on what it's based on - imo that's called argumentative discussion (or something like it, not sure of the english term).
and/or, having simple "great news!"/"i love it!"/"i love it too!"/me too!!!"/"we're all so great because we all love the cure!!!" (or alternatively, "boring!"/"yes, boring!"/"i agree, i hate the cure too!!" etc.) kind of one-liners one after one after another would be a different matter. but i don't see that here.

and come on, i really have to disagree a lot with the official site reference.
where would be the resemblance? i really wonder if you ever saw anything anywhere near as organized as this over there?
imo the fact that not exactly everyone agrees about everything is simply natural, not a sign of some kind of crisis or something. 
perhaps there are some forums where everyone would just post "i agree!" and all would be happyhappyhappy(shinypeople) - but well, i'd find that a bit boring.
:?:
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

melly

this site and the official site are so diametrically opposed it's not worth worrying about, we all know that!

Was just thinking... I've read a couple of comments on how the postponement of the Nth.American tour was "shit" as the album still isn't out. Didn't Robert say he wanted to FINISH the album, not necessarily RELEASE it?

(And there's nothing wrong with the banter which goes on here... sure, I tend to be more on the "defensive" side, but I think I look at issues a little differently to some others...maybe cos I'm old and not so impatient??!!  :-D )

PrettyToy712

Quote from: melly on April 26, 2008, 08:19:01
Was just thinking... I've read a couple of comments on how the postponement of the Nth.American tour was "shit" as the album still isn't out. Didn't Robert say he wanted to FINISH the album, not necessarily RELEASE it?

well I don't think it's "shit" and Robert said that they needed a bit more time to FINISH the album, yes...but that was 7 months ago...wouldn't it be accurate for people to assume that within those 7 months the album should have been finished AND released...they'd already been working on the album for quite some time before their decision to postpone the tour to "finish" it. Especially with the release dates mentioned and then THOSE postponed as well...seems like the label was sure the album was going to be out all of those times as well.

melly

'tis a mystery to us all!  I guess it takes quite some time to write the lyrics to new songs, compose the music, marry them together, go back and get rid of what you don't like, improve a bit here and there, change things completely, add new words, take some out, try again etc.etc. plus have some sort of life beyond the studio. To come up with songs you are pleased with, that you will release to the world, would take months, I assume. Then throw a tour in, get home to continue the amalgamation of those words and tunes you have spinning around in your head, fine tune it, then it might be ready. I'm no musician, but I would have thought to come up with an album of this magnitude, it would take several months from start to finish? To get it "just right" in the mind of the composer(s)....
Patience is a virtue I'm told...  :-D

PrettyToy712

I know what you're saying and I have many musician friends, so I am familiar with the entire process.

The way you've described it is pretty accurate...IF you are looking at it from start to finish. When Robert posted the news that the North American tour had been postponed, he just said they needed a bit more time to finish the album and that 2 weeks just wasn't going to be enough time...but it was hinted at that the album was near completion back in September...because he said 2 weeks wasn't enough time to finish it to the band's standards...they weren't STARTING the album from scratch back in September...so that's why I am saying that I find it a little ridiculous that 7 months later the album still isn't out...granted from news posted on COF Robert was mixing the album last week...so it should be almost ready, now.

And we all realize that the band members have lives outside of the Cure...but Im just saying...the way they made it sound like the album was almost done in September was obviously misleading or else I don't know what the hell they've been doing for the past 7 months.

frog_s

I guess it's good to have patience,
this album might be just really, really REALLY good (the artwork suggests it), and I certainly hope so caus it gets me unpatient when I think about the time between Bloodflowers and The Cure and then the result (for me, personally, that selftitled album wasn't that really really REALLY good and seemed strange to have taken that long) But I know, it was a different situation back then, so this round we might be more lucky and have no regrets at all to have waited so long.

plainsong16

DJscribbles

Quote from: melly on April 27, 2008, 11:24:03
'tis a mystery to us all!  I guess it takes quite some time to write the lyrics to new songs, compose the music, marry them together, go back and get rid of what you don't like, improve a bit here and there, change things completely, add new words, take some out, try again etc.etc. plus have some sort of life beyond the studio. To come up with songs you are pleased with, that you will release to the world, would take months, I assume. Then throw a tour in, get home to continue the amalgamation of those words and tunes you have spinning around in your head, fine tune it, then it might be ready. I'm no musician, but I would have thought to come up with an album of this magnitude, it would take several months from start to finish? To get it "just right" in the mind of the composer(s)....
Patience is a virtue I'm told...  :-D

thats why i find illegal downloading painful - its so damn hard to write music, to spend countless hours working on something that plays for a few minutes - and not get a single penny for it.

did porl did the artwork for the singles and the album?
Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

punx_chix

each single coming out on the 13th, so clever. man I love them.   :smth060
...and i run around hysterical
in dead persistent gloom...