Bloodflowers 20th Anniversary

Started by jestoon425, February 15, 2020, 04:17:43

Previous topic - Next topic

jestoon425

Thought I'd share this great commemorative piece on Bloodflowers from today;

https://www.stereogum.com/2070191/the-cure-bloodflowers-turns-20/franchises/the-anniversary/

What's everyone's favorite song? I've always been partial to "39."
But it's much too late you say
For doing this now
We should have done it then
Well it just goes to show
How wrong you can be
And how you really should know
That it's never too late
To get up and go

SueC

You'll be less partial to it when you're over 40!  ;) :winking_tongue

Oh Gawd.  That's my favourite Cure album, and one of my favourite albums of all time.  It all hangs together, and when I first heard it five years ago, it was just the right time of my life to hear this thing, otherwise it wouldn't have made such a deep personal impression on me (though I would still have very much appreciated the themes and music).  If I had to pick favourite songs, it would be Out Of This World, Watching Me Fall, Where The Birds Always Sing, Maybe Someday, There Is No If and The Loudest Sound.  Which is most of the album, and the rest isn't bad either...

Brett says his two favourites off this one are Watching Me Fall and Bloodflowers.

Thanks for the link!  :)  Have to say, the 39 aspect was something I really didn't relate to, but I was already 43 when I first heard it and for some reason I have never, ever been worried that I was going to run out of words... :lol:
SueC is time travelling

Ulrich

Quote from: jestoon425 on February 15, 2020, 04:17:43Thought I'd share this great commemorative piece on Bloodflowers from today

Thanks for sharing, this fits, I've been listening to "Bloodflowers" again recently.  :smth023

One of my faves has been "Maybe Someday", but also "Out Of This World" and the title song.
The holy city breathed like a dying man...