Sleep when I'm dead

Started by revolt, July 04, 2008, 10:55:28

Previous topic - Next topic

Tszyu

Well, that worked fine!  :-D Much appreaciated. Down Under sounded nice.  :smth023
The memories fade
And leave her eyes
Still seeing worlds that never were

sues777

Thanks Trust!!  Not being able to hear the samples was driving me mad!!  :smth023
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

revolt

Quote from: sullen on July 06, 2008, 01:33:40
Samples are up!
http://www.altnet.com/album/1229783/Sleep_When_Im_Dead_Mix_13/index.aspx

Down Under sounds fantastic!!!!

Oh, no! It´s that generic wah guitar sound, again....  :? SWID seems like the kind of song that would go well with rhythm acoustic guitars, a la 'In Between Days' or even 'The Blood'. That sample is way too short, but now I'm starting to think they have fucked up again...

And I'm afraid the snippet from 'Down Under' doesn't sound too good, either.

[labyrinth]

Sleep When I'm Dead (MIX13) is in my hands (italian fnac had it):

the song is beautiful

different from the live version, yes!
but more textured and a little bit more haunting and darker !

the sound is very good compared to the b-side (and the other b-sides) and that makes me hope for the album ( just the wah-wah guitar is too compressed) !

Down Under is a very nice song, but the sound is not that good!

KingOfSomeIsland

I love both songs, Down Under was a very pleasant surprise

lostflower4

Seriously, both songs on the new single sound like they were recorded on a $10 boombox, which is a downgrade from the last two singles - which were probably recorded on a $40 boombox.  :smth011

Get the wax out of your ears, Robert. Three Imaginary Boys sounded 20x better than this rubbish production.

crowbi_wan

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 06, 2008, 07:14:51
Quote from: mahood on July 04, 2008, 20:09:49
Quote from: rodney on July 04, 2008, 19:35:04
Um, yeah, you can't say that word on broadcast TV in the US.  Pay cable networks like HBO and such are different, but Fuse is a commercial network.  No way you can say that.

well, i knew the word is blipped while talking, but in a song ? this is moral to the point of absurdity.
what happens with other music then ? is it blipped, or FSSSHHed too ? or just not broadcast ?

I never quite understood the rules. Isn't Comedy Central a "commercial network" like Fuse?

Because I know there was that one episode of South Park where they didn't bleep out any of the F-bombs.

And there have been times where it was allowed on completely regular (non-cable) TV:

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services-miscellaneous-business/4827459-1.html

There was an episode of South Park where they made a big deal about saying "shit" on TV.  As for the F-bomb, maybe you're thinking of the movie?  Comedy Central will show movies uncut after 1:00am.  South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut and Jay and Silent Bob Strike Back are two that they often show with much cussing.

lostflower4

Quote from: crowbi_wan on July 12, 2008, 01:40:56
Quote from: lostflower4 on July 06, 2008, 07:14:51
Quote from: mahood on July 04, 2008, 20:09:49
Quote from: rodney on July 04, 2008, 19:35:04
Um, yeah, you can't say that word on broadcast TV in the US.  Pay cable networks like HBO and such are different, but Fuse is a commercial network.  No way you can say that.

well, i knew the word is blipped while talking, but in a song ? this is moral to the point of absurdity.
what happens with other music then ? is it blipped, or FSSSHHed too ? or just not broadcast ?

I never quite understood the rules. Isn't Comedy Central a "commercial network" like Fuse?

Because I know there was that one episode of South Park where they didn't bleep out any of the F-bombs.

And there have been times where it was allowed on completely regular (non-cable) TV:

http://www.allbusiness.com/services/business-services-miscellaneous-business/4827459-1.html

There was an episode of South Park where they made a big deal about saying "shit" on TV.  As for the F-bomb, maybe you're thinking of the movie?

Yeah, the episode called "It Hits The Fan". Actually, the F-word was uncensored in this episode, but they only said it once.

firecrasher

[i]so this is permanence... love's shattered pride...[/i]

Lady

I find these lyrics so full of anger and grudge...

Very great song anyway, the best one with "underneath the stars" for me! :)
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

[labyrinth]

Quote from: lostflower4 on July 11, 2008, 23:44:42
Seriously, both songs on the new single sound like....

did you already hear them on the cd?

the cd is way better than any iTunes s**t
(but i know, you know that!!)

wish-man

Well, Sleep When Im Dead is crappy I think  :evil:
Concert version is much better IMHO, but Down Under is pretty cool!  :smth023

I would say I really like now just 2 songs from MIX13 Singles:

All Kinds Of Stuff
Down Under

Well, and maybe Ny Trip for 50%.

Sleep When Im Dead, The Only One & Freekshow is good just live versions...
and the way the rain comes down thats how I feel inside...

mint car

when I heard shortly version of Sleep When I'm Dead I thought that live version is much better! But when I listened full studio version yesterday (many times :lol:) I think that is great! song  :smth023
[i]...sleep sweet child the moon will change your mind...[/i]

lostflower4

Quote from: [labyrinth] on July 12, 2008, 12:10:35
Quote from: lostflower4 on July 11, 2008, 23:44:42
Seriously, both songs on the new single sound like....

did you already hear them on the cd?

the cd is way better than any iTunes s**t
(but i know, you know that!!)

Yes, it was the CD. Seriously, how can this pass for CD quality?  It sounds more like some shady promo release that was dubbed to cassette a few times and then back to CD.

If I bought (insert Top 40 pop sensation's latest album here), I know it would sound leaps and bounds better than this crap.

I've come to expect the best from The Cure, so this is nothing short of pathetic.  :(

nausearockpig

i just bought them from iTunes Australia. My mrs is blaring The Mars Volta so listening to these is proving a little difficult..

So based on my analysis of the lyrics on COF Sleep.. is about a suicide bomber and Down Under is about Australia right?...