Cure Live in Paris 08 on French tv & dvd?

Started by Trust..., July 06, 2009, 20:56:07

Previous topic - Next topic

Trust...

The Cure Live in Paris 08 (90 minute version) will air on Virgin 17 (French tv) next Saturday (July 11th) at 10pm. (Thanks Scarlett)(thanks COF)  :smth023

Update: The program for the Wien Film Festival says that the Paris show will be released on dvd in 2010.

:smth026
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

Druide

Quote from: Trust... on July 06, 2009, 20:56:07
Update: The program for the Wien Film Festival says that the Paris show will be released on dvd in 2010.

:smth026

At last !!!!  :smth011
...Dancing in my pocket...

alwaysprayingforRAIN

that's pretty cool although I'd rather see some old stuff released on dvd....
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

monghi

setlist: Plainsong, Prayers for rain, alt.end, End of the world, Lovesong, In between days, Just like Heaven, Primary, Shake dog shake, Never enough, Wrong number, One hundered years, Disintegration, M, Play for today, A forest, Boys dont cry, 10:15 saturday night, Killing another...
i never said i would stay to the end

japanesebaby

Quote from: monghi on July 08, 2009, 07:01:07
setlist: Plainsong, Prayers for rain, alt.end, End of the world, Lovesong, In between days, Just like Heaven, Primary, Shake dog shake, Never enough, Wrong number, One hundered years, Disintegration, M, Play for today, A forest, Boys dont cry, 10:15 saturday night, Killing another...

is that all?  :?
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

alwaysprayingforRAIN

so Plainsong and Prayers For Rain is great, but when i look at the original setlist it makes me feel sick  :shock: http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2008-03-12.php
( no Faith, A Strange Day, At Night, they even played A Boy I Never Knew).

so i hope they release the whole thing one day. 2010 is a very vague 'date' anyway. so it's probably going to be more like spring 2011 in the end. :?  and if they take that much time they can include they whole thing!!!
Say hello on a day like today
Say it every time you move
The way that you look at me now
Makes me wish i was you

Trust...

Quote from: alwaysprayingforRAIN on July 08, 2009, 12:48:11
so Plainsong and Prayers For Rain is great, but when i look at the original setlist it makes me feel sick  :shock: http://www.cure-concerts.de/concerts/2008-03-12.php
( no Faith, A Strange Day, At Night, they even played A Boy I Never Knew).

so i hope they release the whole thing one day. 2010 is a very vague 'date' anyway. so it's probably going to be more like spring 2011 in the end. :?  and if they take that much time they can include they whole thing!!!

I hope they release it as soon as possible, I should give a lot of money to see and hear A Boy I Never Knew once again.
(and not from a youtube video  :smth011)

disintegration

Quote from: monghi on July 08, 2009, 07:01:07

:shock:  :smth011
Why not the full concert?  :cry:
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

Trust...

UPDATE from COF

Watch Live in Paris 08 on Zattoo

For those of you in Belgium, Denmark, France, Germany, Norway, Spain, Switzerland, and the UK, you might be able to watch Virgin 17's July 11th (10pm) airing of The Cure Live in Paris 08 on Zattoo. (Thanks AndytheCurefan)  :smth023

Trust...

Trust...

Tof

I'm back to work and see that my recording of the show is working :smth023

The video seems good !!!

Tof

dsanchez

Well, well...

So good news. My second Cure concert, and one of the happiest moments of my life.

I personally don't care if they release 5, 10, 20 songs or the full concert. They have released the concert I went to and that's enough to open a champagne. Looking forward to download that f*cking awesome show! :rocker
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Secrets

I just can't get enthused about this release at all. We already had Festival not too long ago with the same lineup playing a similar set of songs.
Orange and Show were brilliant for showing two different eras of the band sounding damn good.
Trilogy was a great concept and excellent quality, if a little contrived and sterile.
Festival was was like the comeback for a band that had lost it's energy (see Trilogy above).

Paris...?

They should take a page out of Suede's book. Bring in 1,000 fanclub members from around the world (I'm sure harcocre fans with guaranteed tickets would pay their own way). Play a low key club like the T&C footage you can see on Play Out, and play an entire concert's worth of B-Sides and rarities. Film and release that, and I'll be first in line.

japanesebaby

Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine