The Song Game

Started by dsanchez, December 10, 2009, 22:18:15

Previous topic - Next topic

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on December 20, 2009, 12:28:15
Quote from: japanesebaby on December 20, 2009, 02:18:19

that won't work. salad is the name of the band, not the song. :!:

you have to use the word 'problematique' - however problematique it might be.

+ let's not reply to one's own posts either.

so we're back here:

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 19, 2009, 22:41:59
Problematique - Salad

use the word 'problematique', no other options.

Any other rules you think should apply to just me?

:?:

sorry i don't understand. i already admitted it was my mistake completely. there's really no need to take anything personally as nothing like that was ever intended.
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

fiction

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 20, 2009, 12:37:04
sorry i don't understand. i already admitted it was my mistake completely. there's really no need to take anything personally as nothing like that was ever intended.

Don´t be a crybaby. If you like to pick on what you think are my mistakes in this thread, atleast be a stand up guy and let me throw some irony in your direction, for the benefit of my defence, from time to time.
again and again and again and again and again and...

japanesebaby

Quote from: fiction on December 20, 2009, 17:09:27

Don´t be a crybaby. If you like to pick on what you think are my mistakes in this thread, atleast be a stand up guy and let me throw some irony in your direction, for the benefit of my defence, from time to time.

sorry fiction, but i actually did have to go back and see what other "picking" you meant. i'm sorry if you got an impression that i was picking on you (which i wasn't). i did't even notice/remember that i posted something similar here earlier.  i'm not a crybaby, i just didn't even know what you meant.
i'm sorry but you cannot blame me for being consciously nasty towards you if it was something that i dind't even realize. i'm sure you're grown up enough to see that. i've apologized you already  and i can only do that again here, but perhaps try to understand that sometimes mistakes just happen and there doesn't have to be some nasty intentions behind it. i'm not sure why you're taking this so seriously but i can only suggest that you didn't.

seriously, answer my pm in order to continue this. whatever grudge you have here, it belongs to private and not in this thread. this kind of stuff doesn't belong to this forum, take it to the pms please.

Quote from: Trust... on December 20, 2009, 11:37:29
ROCKETs - Simple Minds  ;)

smahshing pumpikins - rocket

Rocket - Smashing Pumpkins '92

1992 :P

crowbi_wan

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 20, 2009, 17:28:26
Quote from: fiction on December 20, 2009, 17:09:27

sorry fiction, but i actually did have to go back and see what other "picking" you meant. i'm sorry if you got an impression that i was picking on you (which i wasn't). i did't even notice/remember that i posted something similar here earlier.  i'm not a crybaby, i just didn't even know what you meant.
i'm sorry but you cannot blame me for being consciously nasty towards you if it was something that i dind't even realize. i'm sure you're grown up enough to see that. i've apologized you already  and i can only do that again here, but perhaps try to understand that sometimes mistakes just happen and there doesn't have to be some nasty intentions behind it. i'm not sure why you're taking this so seriously but i can only suggest that you didn't.

seriously, answer my pm in order to continue this. whatever grudge you have here, it belongs to private and not in this thread. this kind of stuff doesn't belong to this forum, take it to the pms please.

Quote from: Trust... on December 20, 2009, 11:37:29
ROCKETs - Simple Minds  ;)

smahshing pumpikins - rocket

Rocket - Smashing Pumpkins '92

1992 :P

Actually, jb was just doing her job here as a moderator.  She made a mistake.  They happen.  In no way was she singling anyone out!  :roll:  Looking back through the thread, I see other people being corrected , not just you, Fiction.  

319 - Prince and the NPG

jbud1980

1979-The Smashing Pumpkins

This works because it is a one-word song title that I could not avoid using, right?

...even though numbers are not words

crowbi_wan

Quote from: jbud1980 on December 20, 2009, 21:28:32
1979-The Smashing Pumpkins

This works because it is a one-word song title that I could not avoid using, right?

...even though numbers are not words

Oh crap.  Seems I messed up.  I was thinking jb did 1979 by Smashing Pumpkins, not Rocket.  That 1992 through me off.  That's what I get for trying to use my brain before having my giant cup of coffee.   :oops:  So, mine doesn't count. 

However, jbud went with a Smashing Pumpkins song, thus keeping the game going.  Well played!  :smth023  I goofed and you still made it work. 

To answer your question about numbers, the way I see it is 1979 breaks down to nineteen seventy-nine when written out.  My (incorrectly played) song was called 319, or three hundred and nineteen, thus making nineteen the common word. 

Anyway, we're back on track do to jbud being clever or lucky(?). 

Summer of '69 (sixty-NINE) - Bryan Adams

Trust...

Snow In Summer - The Cure
Vanilla smile and a gorgeous strawberry kiss x

japanesebaby

lucky confusion  :smth023

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 20, 2009, 22:04:21

every time i hear this song i remember that bryan adams was 10 years old in 1969 - he must have had a hot summer haha ;)

red hot chili peppers - SNOW (hey oh)

Red Hot Chili Peppers- Snow [Hey Oh] (official Video)

lostflower4

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 20, 2009, 22:38:47
every time i hear this song i remember that bryan adams was 10 years old in 1969 - he must have had a hot summer haha ;)
Every time I hear that song or any song by Bryan Adams I can't help but think of the interview from Hahn Zillo Fest 2002 where Robert was talking about the rainstorm that temporarily stopped the show and concluded, "I don't think Bryan Adams' crowd would have stood in the rain, hoping he's gonna come back."  :lol:

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 20, 2009, 22:38:47red hot chili peppers - SNOW (hey oh)

Bon Jovi - Hey God

bon jovi hey god video

crowbi_wan

Quote from: crowbi_wan on December 20, 2009, 22:04:21

:lol:  Me too!  I mean what the heck were Bryan Adams' parents thinking letting a ten year-old spend his evenings down at the drive in?  And to be in a band with guys old enough to get married?  Wow, those must have been some good days!  

red hot chili peppers - SNOW (hey oh)

btw, you know John quit the band again, right?   :(

Dear God - Sarah McLachlan (covering XTC)

dsanchez

2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

japanesebaby

crowbi_wan

Ready to Fall - Rise Against

jbud1980

Ready To Go-Republica

fiction

again and again and again and again and again and...