LP13 Opinions/Speculation

Started by KingOfSomeIsland, June 11, 2008, 19:35:39

Previous topic - Next topic

KingOfSomeIsland

Well the new single from the STILL untitled new album came out yesterday and i was wondering what everyone elses opinions on it were. I actually really like the song (Freakshow). I wasnt too impressed by the live versions but the studio one is much better. I especially like how it has a sound thats its own and doesnt completely borrow from another one like The Only One did from songs like High and Mint Car. However it kind of makes me wonder where the hell Robert is going with this new album, I mean he hasnt even picked a title yet, or even a format, first it was a double album, then two versions one single one double, then single, now hes hinting at the possibility of there being two single albums. If the album does end up only being one it seems like its going to be a hodgepodge of different styles and moods like Wish or Wild Mood Swings were. Some songs being sad (Apart/Jupiter Crsah/A Boy I Never Knew), angry (Open/Cut/Want/Trap/Sleep When I'm Dead/Baby Rag Dog Book), some light and poppy, some wistful (Elise/Treasure/Underneath the Stars) and others just totally out there (Wendy Time/The 13th/Freakshow). Not that thats a bad thing Wish and WMS were great albums so maybe its a good sign. Whats everyone elses opinions?

~*CherryRed*~

I've just seen the MTV YouTube posted version of the Freakshow video (apparently those black and white videos aren't the actual videos, but a promo for MTV - or am I wrong??) and I LOVE this song! If the rest of the forthcoming LP is anything like Freakshow, I'm excited!!! I was really really disappointed with The Only One I have to say, as it's so same-ish and has been done. But then I was really expecting something completely different. I think the music played before the gig in Melbounre (12-8-07) got me all convinced that the new LP would be more electronic, along the lines of Possession on the Join The Dots Box Set. That kinda sound anyways! Freakshow is a bit more like it, something alittle left of centre! I really didn't enjoy Wild Mood Swings, and still to this day I don't listen to it. Of course all of this is a personal thing, what I love others will hate! I kinda hope there isn't to much in the way of different styles on the one LP, but then I guess if there is, the LP will contain stuff for everyone to love! I kinda listen to The Cure because the music matches the mood I have at the time! To have all different styles mixed in, I'll become bloody schizophrenic!!!!
"prone to flights of whimsy"