Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

ROGUE

Thanks Robiola~ they pretty cute and very clever too., but that video was a bit too long.  My dog loves the possum when she is away he worries about her, but the rest of the time they are typical brother and
                         sister, hassling each other.  Nice when they come together when frightened. But rarely they show that side.
                         In the night the possum sneaks in and to wake me up, opens and closes the bedroom draws shut, and if that doesnt work she goes and flushes the toilet about 20 times.  :lol:  too clever.

Ohh I love seeing the kids go mad accross the road to see the x-mas lights. But when the parents drive away they always smash into my letter box  :? It is a fullon display so i imagine they are rendered blind.
Really love to have those fairy lights, they're nice.  I love the small and pretty ones, that leave a little to the imagination, with some shadows and little lights, their nice and magical, mystical looking.
But the guy across the road is vegas-maniac.  :smth042

Also love Hero's forest idea, with the glow sticks, that sounds so magic aswell.  :smth050

Iam happy today, I heard from a friend that i missed.  :D :smth006 :smth050

Hero

Wow ROGUE your possum stories never fail to cheer me up! :-D
Im happy for a similar reason today, I got a letter from some friends in New Zealand, I havent spoken to them since i left 6 months ago and it was so nice to hear from them. Made me miss New Zealand a bit though because they said its nice and sunny there and today in England once again we have torrential rain and thunder storms just like this summer. I can't even tell if its summer or winter in this country anymore, the weather is so weird :? i wish it would snow! (sorry for the whinge about weather, its just what british people do!)
But i am still happy! And happy about christmas and ADVENT CALANDERS! And my friends horsey had a baby!

Carnage Visor

Aside from an otherwise gloomy and depressing day alone, you guys made me feel much better with your kind support over in the annoyance thread.

I thank you guys for that!  :)

ROGUE

C Visor~ you are welcome~iam sure i speak for everyone, and thank you also,  I like the permanent-type Karma. (Although appreciate that so much.) :smth045
Thats what makes me feel good, you know, the one noone can take away.  (Not whinging or anything.) 

:smth050 Iam happy because today there was a dog running mad on the road, frightened from storm and growling at people, Was nice i could help and
approach the dog, give him a pat- eventually, Poor thing was just so scared.  thought he would get run over. And every one else kept chasing him.  :?

Good to know we are each good at something. :D

And that always make me feel nice, and reassures me, knowing what iam here for.  Knowing iam good at something.  :D

Hero~ thats nice, have you seen the fowl yet ?(did i spell that right, Baby horse, incase i didn't)  little cute thing all shakey on its legs- thats gorgeous  :shock: :smth050

Hero

Quote from: ROGUE on December 03, 2007, 14:39:04
Hero~ thats nice, have you seen the fowl yet ?(did i spell that right, Baby horse, incase i didn't)  little cute thing all shakey on its legs- thats gorgeous  :shock: :smth050

Its foal hehe, but yes i was there when it was born, well i actually ran away but i was around... its very cute and grey and its called Lily. Its got sort of wonkey legs though...but still cute as a button!

ROGUE

Wow i would love to see and help in the birth of a foal~ thats so cute, and watching it nuzzle mom for milk :smth050  :smth064
YEY that is so cute,  i wonder how long after birth does it stand up? you are so lucky to be there to see this little miracle :smth038

wonder if i can find foals on youtube ?  baby cute things,  :D  learning to run and stand,  eee so cute

Thank You Hero~ thats so nice to think about  :smth007

melly

As some of you may know, I was having quite an issue with a birdbath in my back yard..it actually drove me manic, and reduced me to peering through the windows, adding branches to it, and sending telepathic messages to the birds, whom may I add, sat on the fence or in the tree just looking at said birdbath. To my partners horror, I became somewhat obsessed by the bloody thing, fretting over why OH! why weren't the birds partaking in the cool water on offer?? WELL...I am happy and quite delighted to report that after a couple of weeks, all the birds are using it!! whew.. I can stop grinding my teeth in my sleep now... Every morning, there is a family of Murray Magpies, beautiful little black and white creatures,scratching around the garden, the young ones demanding their parents give THEM those grubs!! They drink and bathe in the birdbath,and it makes me smile... The little Sparrows, nuggety, brown and brave, frequently dive into it, quenching their thirst then leaving as quickly as they came.... beautiful, shining Blackbirds also find their menu in our yard, and in the middle of a hot, still night, as we lay there, unable to sleep, we hear their song, and it somehow calms us and we drift back to slumber.... the Honey Eaters who miraculously hang from flowers gathering the sweetness, bathe in the cool water, flitting in and out, splashing water everywhere...and it makes me smile..... two wild Doves, the male bobbing up and down, doing his special dance, trying so hard to impress the female, who looks bored and ignores his advances, take a sip from the birdbath...
I am so glad we bought it... and now, it makes me happy....(even IF the Doves are using it as a "pick up" joint !!!)...it makes me smile....
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

ROGUE

:smth038  Good to hear, Melly ~ Yey finally.  Cheeky buga's watching you the whole time.  :shock: Its so nice and will attract alot of birds to your garden.
Glad you are full-on about it, makes me smile too.  :smth050 that they will never go thirsty.

Just wait soon a honey eater will be flaunting itself infront of your window, Thinking  'who is this attractive male, I cant get rid of him'  and he will fight and impress himself for hours  :lol:
trying to out-do the 'other' male in the window.  Cute.   ;)

Steve

Monday's Led Zep gig is on dime & zomb already  :shock: :-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

robiola

Quote from: Steve on December 12, 2007, 08:49:14
Monday's Led Zep gig is on dime & zomb already  :shock: :-D
Wow... that was quick!
I myself was very glad this morning when I read that the concert was good -- I was afraid it was going to be one of those sad they-ain't-got-it-no-more deals, and that would have been so painful....

So, happy today because Led Zep still ROCKS!!!! :rocker

melly

Now, at the risk oh having 3 "mellys" in a row in this section...
I am SOOO happy... about an hour ago ( it's 7p.m. here) it started RAINING!!
real rain, not a drizzle that dries out before it hits the ground...the sky is as black as black, and it's forecast to belt down overnight and tomorrow... ohhh..what a relief....this drought we are having is bringing the state to its knees..rain is like pure gold to us.....

we have some...and it makes me happy.... :-D
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Carnage Visor

I'm taking a day off from school at my mom's request. I have had a horrible week and have been crushed at school, so I need the break.

That's enough to lift my spirit!  :)

Hero

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 14, 2007, 15:39:20
I'm taking a day off from school at my mom's request. I have had a horrible week and have been crushed at school, so I need the break.

Thats great having a day of school! Have a great weekend :-D

scatcat

Quote from: Carnage Visor on December 14, 2007, 15:39:20

thanks great CV! I love it when my son stays home and we have a really good relaxing day, especially when things have been stressful.

I'm happy today because it has finally cooled down a bit here... it has been sooo HOT, unable to sleep.. so tonite will be sweeet!
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

scatcat

HT beacause my little boy came home soo happy!!  :smth001 (he wil always be my little boy). I said 'what about a hug?'... and he grabbed the biscuit-tin and gave it a hug!!?? then.. of course I got a sqeezie one right after that!~  :smth020  he's a classic comedian !

after this annus horribilus ( horrible year).. things are looking up for the holiday season.  :smth023

my spirit soars whenever he is happy!! :smth059
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life