Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

melly

Happy today... we are home, after our journey to Adelaide for Xmas.. had 2 xmases, one with my partners family, one with mine...works well really. Caught up with friends, ate way too much, had some champagne with my sister,slow danced with her dying husband,( it will be his last xmas), saw my niece, her partner and 2 gorgeous kids ( saw them a year ago, they live in Melbourne) laughed, talked, hugged... But we are home, and it's a nice feeling.After the frenetic lunacy of Adelaide, it's nice to come home to our town.. which is buzzing with tourists, hundreds of them!! Ahh, but they help keep our little place alive!! It's freaking boiling outside ( we are having a few days of 100 degress plus!) but I am sat here, with a juicy ice-block ( don't let it drip on the keyboards!! BbBZzzZZZ PPffTTTT..there goes melly!) air conditioner on ( so cool) my partner snoozing on the lounge, two little dogs snuggled into him....the test cricket is on ( Aussie aussie aussie oi oi oi !) and all is peaceful. And it makes me feel happy.... :D
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

Hey there, welcome back Melly :smth001

melly

Thankyou Robiola, nice to be back... your welcome home made me feel happy, so we're not going off topic here!! ;)
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

japanesebaby

welcome back, melly.

i'm congratulating myself for finally leaving the church today - so from today on, i am an official atheist, i'm not a member of any sort of religious community.
i like that.
(besides, i don't have to pay the silly religious tax from now on. suits me!)
Ay, in the very temple of Delight
Veil'd Melancholy has her sovran shrine

Lady

Happy because this year is going to finish in one day...
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

dsanchez

Quote from: japanesebaby on December 30, 2007, 16:42:51

you pay a tax for belonging to a church? how's that? :S
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

silversand

This is not unusual i think. We have to pay here in Germany also religious tax.
You don't have to pay a religious tax in Peru David? Thanks for your answer in advance. If you don't have to pay it, you are really lucky :). I'm also an atheist, but i pay the tax.

scatcat

Quote from: dsanchez on December 31, 2007, 00:19:37
Quote from: japanesebaby on December 30, 2007, 16:42:51

you pay a tax for belonging to a church? how's that? :S

"you took the words right out of my mouth..." ( meatloaf)  ;)

Quote from: silversand on December 31, 2007, 01:07:55
I'm also an atheist, but i pay the tax.

this I can't understand either?? where does the money go to then??
we have no taxes here... even if you're an athiest!!
happy I don't have to pay a tax... what if I created my own church... do I collect taxes ??? that would be cool!!  8)
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

dsanchez

Quote from: silversand on December 31, 2007, 01:07:55
This is not unusual i think. We have to pay here in Germany also religious tax.
You don't have to pay a religious tax in Peru David? Thanks for your answer in advance. If you don't have to pay it, you are really lucky :). I'm also an atheist, but i pay the tax.

90% people is chatolic in Peru and I've never hear about paying taxes. Of course people can donate to the church, but that's not mandatory.
2023.11.22 Lima
2023.11.27 Montevideo

Steve

& that's why they are one of the richest institutions in the world.
Remember that the next time they ask for money to repair the roof or buy a new stained glass window. :smth011
Thou shalt not steal?
Gimme a break  :roll:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

A tax?? For belonging to a church?? That's just ridiculous!!! Does the church receive this money, or the government?? wow, I've heard of everything now!!!

Happy our government/churches don't have this...wouldn't affect me at all, (I'm not even christened..the Church Of England refused the person my parents chose as my god-mother as she was a catholic!! So Mum and Dad said "forget it"!!) but there are thousands of people that would be... I shake my head...money grabbing at it's best!!  :smth012

Lady

Disintegration would be "honored" to pay a tax for belonging to a church... :lol:

Ok, I go before he arrives here... :oops: :smth075 :-D
[color=red][b]I BELONG TO THE CURE!♥[/b][/color]
[color=black]Lost forever in a happy crowd![/color]
[color=purple][i]I will kiss you forever on nights like this, I will kiss you, I will kiss you...and we shall be together...[/i][/color]
[color=green]CUREFANS.COM RULEZ!:D[/color]

disintegration

Quote from: Lady on December 31, 2007, 11:50:14
Disintegration would be "honored" to pay a tax for belonging to a church... :lol:

:shock: :smth043 Incredible.....  :smth078 :smth021
Datemi un cielo per caderci dentro!
SOLO LA TERNANA!
http://www.ternanashirts.it/
LADY, la luce nel mio buio!

silversand

Quote from: dsanchez on December 31, 2007, 01:36:25
90% people is chatolic in Peru and I've never hear about paying taxes. Of course people can donate to the church, but that's not mandatory.

Thanks for your answer David :)

You are all so lucky you don't have to pay the tax for the church. I think the tax is for the state to get more money :). The tax is 8 %.

sues777

Quote from: Lady on December 31, 2007, 11:50:14

Happy today because...Lady really made me laugh!!   :lol:

Also happy today because I've realised yet again how lucky I am to have the friends I have and to live where I live.  I invited my small group of great friends over for New Years Eve last night.  I live in a gorgeous little rented house in a gorgeous little tree-lined street with a great view of Sydney Harbour from the end of the street.  About 1/2 hour before the 9pm fireworks were due to start, the lovely old lady who lives in the street (she's in her 90s)came to my door and invited us all over to watch the fireworks from her front yard, then made her way to the house next door to invite them along as well.  I was so touched by her generosity as she knew I live alone and so does the lady who lives next door.  It also gave my girlfriend's 6yo step-daughter a chance to watch her first Sydney NYE fireworks from a great spot!!  There's just something sooo special about watching the fireworks with a little person and surrounded by great people!!

Sorry to babble on, but it just made me sooo happy!!   :D
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show