Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve

The shiny shoe/ greasy hair & old school tie brigade that p!ssed me off here http://curefans.com/index.php/topic,3652.msg46975.html#msg46975
Have finally realised they were actually talking crap.
:-D
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

Quote from: Steve on April 17, 2008, 11:52:11
The shiny shoe/ greasy hair & old school tie brigade that p!ssed me off here http://curefans.com/index.php?topic=3652.new;topicseen#new

Have finally realised they were actually talking crap.
:-D

okaayyy...I clicked on the link and it brought up the posts about cats pooping in my garden..is THIS what you're referring to when you say the shiny shoe/greasy hair& old school tie brigade??????  realising they were talking crap... I don't get it Steve..was this directed at me??  If so, why so? Hmmm...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

Steve

I edited the link to the post.
Should be pointing in the right place now.
Soz.
:oops:
Cheers
Steve
I know tomorrow's going to taste like cake
http://www.balatonfured.hu/en_index.php

melly

No wuz!!
*whew* thought I'd really upset a very protective cat lover!!
ta ta for now, off to watch a dvd...
and I'm happy that Steve isn't cross..at me!!
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

sues777

Quote from: melly on April 17, 2008, 11:41:06
Tomorrow, (Friday) is our anniversary...17 years. Wow, that has gone so quickly, honestly. Second time around for both of us, but we are soulmates and feel like we've been together forever.

Aww, that's so cool Melly..really!!  Relationship success stories make me happy!!

Now me, I'm happy today because I booked my birthday holiday this afternoon - 6 days and nights of complete indulgence at a fabulous beach resort and spa in Fiji with a good friend.  I'm so looking forward to falling asleep and waking up to the sound of the ocean.... :D  Happy, happy , happy!!
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

melly

OH! sues777!!   what a wonderful, wonderful birthday you will have!! I am green with envy!! Sounds too beautiful... I am happy for you... so nice to spoil yourself every now and then... massages, tropical drinks, lazy days around the pool, walks along the beach..  :smth004
need anyone to carry your suitcase??  :smth042

makes ME happy just thinking about it!! 

sues777

Thanks Melly!!  It makes me happy you're happy that I'm happy!! (Ok, I'm still a little over excited....) :oops:

Quote from: melly on April 18, 2008, 09:12:51
need anyone to carry your suitcase??  :smth042
hey, all curefans are welcome to tag along!!

I hope you had a GREAT anniversary  :smth023
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

Hero

I'm very very happy today because i got an A in my psychology exam which is something i never get. The last one i did i got Ungraded. I think its because i got a new teacher who actually teaches.
And its friday!! Happy Friday Everyone! Have a great weekend!

robiola

Quote from: Steve on April 17, 2008, 12:20:55
I edited the link to the post.
Should be pointing in the right place now.
Soz.
:oops:
I still come up with the cat poop posts when I click... I don't get it!
Of course, it's true that we were talking crap in those posts.... cat crap, to be specific. Oh well.

scatcat

Quote from: Hero on April 18, 2008, 19:58:55
I'm very very happy today because i got an A in my psychology exam which is something i never get. The last one i did i got Ungraded. I think its because i got a new teacher who actually teaches.
And its friday!! Happy Friday Everyone! Have a great weekend!

that's great hero : maybe soon you can treat me!!  :smth100
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Janko

I GOT TO READ EXTRACTS FROM MARK E. SMITH AUTOBIOGRAPHY!!!
I SIMPLY ADORE THE MAN AND I THINK HE'S AMONG 5 OR 10 MOST IMPORTANT MUSICIANS IN ROCK AND ROLL TODAY...

Drugs

I am one of the 3% who was made to take speed. It helps me sleep. It's not a big problem for me, but I can always tell when people are writing on drugs. On speed it's all nonsense.

I did heroin once at a party in Manchester in the mid-80s, just to be sociable. I started writing, thinking, "This is the greatest thing ever written." Then I fell asleep. I woke up some time the day after, thinking I'd written the masterpiece of all masterpieces. I felt like shit, told myself I'm not taking that again, but at least I'd got this work of genius. And then I started reading it, or trying to read it - this four-page epic. It was a mess. I'd fallen asleep on the fifth page. I didn't even know what it was, whether it was a song or a story.

The only hangovers I've ever had were off ecstasy. It's not nice. It's like going to hospital and being drugged up when you've had an accident. You're drying your brain up with that stuff - it's like a sponge. You feel sort of high, you go home, but in the morning it's as if you've eaten a lot of dust. I remember in the Hacienda days when you couldn't get any drink or speed - they'd all be dancing around and touching you. What the f*ck is all this about? I don't need to feel like this. I can feel like this in hospital. It's like a gross antidepressant mixed with speed. They all want to love everybody.

I'm not a big fan of pot, either. It cuts people off from their feelings, like Prozac. You've got to come out some time. At least you know where you are with booze. You drink two bottles of whisky and wake up in the morning, you know you've done something wrong.

CANT WAIT FOR THE BOOK...
Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

scatcat

:-D  sounds very informative JANKO..  :smth023

when is it due out there?
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

Janko

Fatter than Bob, balder than Porl, as sober as Simon, as amusing as Jason

melly

Firstly, for those of you who detest Police for all they stand for, look away, don't bother reading this, it's not for you.
My beautiful son has been accepted into the New South Wales Police Force. He has worked so, so hard to achieve this, the long hours swimming, running, weightlifting, ensuring his personal health and fitness is as good as he can get it. We live in South Australia, and he was rejected by this Police forces' "Integrity committee" because of speeding fines he had as a teenager ( he is 28 this year).. ludicrous and unrealistic, but, that is their policy. He was so disappointed,crushed infact, but, as I say to him "never give up, never give in!"...so, he applied to the interstate force. They have all his records, he underwent a rigorous series of medicals, then, 2 weeks ago, he flew to N.S.W. for the final testing day. A 600 question physcometric test, along with vigorous physical tests. He's made it. His dream is coming true. He starts at the university beginning of June, so, he will be leaving within a couple of weeks. I have shed my tears, at him moving so far away, but my heart is surely bursting with pride for my only child. He wants to work with street kids, to try and help find missing loved ones, to support and treat with care and respect those who will never be reunited. He will see and do things which will affect him deeply. Lets' face it, police regularly deal with the dregs of society, the illegal and the criminal, the crushingly sad and the hopeless. But there is a huge upside to it all too. Whatever he has to face, I know he will do it well, with compassion and genuine concern. I will miss him. BUT we will make the journey over there, don't worry about that! We are close, a magical bond which I treasure. Of course, I am a little frightened for him, would be unnatural if I wasn't.
So, for any Cure fans over that way, if you see a devilishly handsome copper, with broad shoulders and a broader smile, that's my boy.
and we couldn't be prouder of the man he has become...

melly

just thought I'd add...incase you're thinking "Oh, isn't he a mummys' boy"... he hasn't lived with us for years, we are 200 kilometers away. Was just him and me for a while, and we are very close. I guess like every parent, if our kids are happy, we're happy!! I know what he's been through the last few years, and he has always held his head high; as the saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... and he's one strong dude!!  :-D