Happy today because....

Started by Steve, April 14, 2007, 10:39:40

Previous topic - Next topic

scatcat

Quote from: melly on April 23, 2008, 10:49:32
just thought I'd add...incase you're thinking "Oh, isn't he a mummys' boy"... he hasn't lived with us for years, we are 200 kilometers away. Was just him and me for a while, and we are very close. I guess like every parent, if our kids are happy, we're happy!! I know what he's been through the last few years, and he has always held his head high; as the saying goes, "what doesn't kill you makes you stronger"... and he's one strong dude!!  :-D

those 'mummy's boy's' you refer to melly.. end up being the best role-models, and husbands, fathers, grandfathers.. i know my son is going to be a fine young lad ( if i don't kill him during these teenage years!  ;)).. jokes aside, these boys we are raising.. the respect my son has for women, and his mother ( me.. :oops:).. he has no sisters to 'dag' on him or torment him.. and he is so far turning out a beautiful young man. ( he has his own mind and spirit.. determination.. and they are qualities you cannot teach!.. they are qualities that are totally aspiring)  ;)

I would be as proud as punch , to see my lovely boy ascent to a wonderful human being..
nurture as much as nature..  :D

you should be congratulated and also credited to bringing up such a fine person!! :smth023
Seventeen seconds
A measure of life

melly

thanku scatcat...you brought tears to my peepers reading that... and OH! those teenage years..my stepson is 6 months younger than my son, so you can imagine what those years were like!! How I have any hair left is beyond me...and that what I do have left isn't pure white!!
I'm happy that BOTH of them didn't end up in big trouble...touch and go there sometimes!! Years go so quickly, one day, they are boys...you blink...and there is a man...

I'm happy today because we have been forecast rain..good, soaking rain over 3-4 days...a small thing for some, but where the earth is parched it is indeed a blessing!! Our local farmers are ready to sow their crops for next season, and this rain is exactly what they need! They will be out in their paddocks until late, turning the soil with their machines, looking to the sky, waiting, just waiting, for those much needed drops...
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

robiola

Quote from: scatcat on April 23, 2008, 19:53:53
you should be congratulated and also credited to bringing up such a fine person!! :smth023
@melly
Just wanted to state my agreement with this quote... (I'm replying very late because I've been on one of my PC sabbaticals).
You must be awfully proud... it's not easy these days to raise kids, so many pitfalls... you've done a great job obviously -- and it's the most important job we'll ever have, isnt't it?
So good going, both you and your boy! :smth023

melly

Thanku too Robiola, yes, rearing a child is the most important job anyone can do, and I am well aware there are some, even in this forum, who have lost a child, ( I cannot even begin to imagine THAT pain)so I am, indeed, truly blessed that I have a son.
Speaking to my sister on the 'phone today, I just burst into tears...silly, I know... talking about him leaving, being further away...  :cry:

But the rain came, soaked the dry land, and it smells fresh, new..the plants are standing tall, everyone is walking around with grins on their faces, and our rainwater tank is full!! Go into a local shop, and the conversation immediately turns to the "fantastic rain we had on the weekend!"... just love being in a country town...and it makes me happy...  :)
" Life isn't about waiting for the storm to pass...it's about learning to dance in the rain "...

melly

Guess what!! We have won a $100 hamper from one of our local supermarkets!! Was a national competition, and this morning a guy from the promotions department from Woolworths ( the chain) rang and told us the good news!! YAAAAY! Entered it ages ago, forgot all about it! Couldn't come at a better time... fabulous! Lucky me!   :smth035 :smth038 :smth039 :smth041 :smth026 :smth031

Cure Freak

i've decided to go see the boys next month, despite my illness and the meds. but i have to go alone.

robiola

Quote from: Cure Freak on May 20, 2008, 22:08:19
i've decided to go see the boys next month, despite my illness and the meds. but i have to go alone.

Maybe you can meet up with someone from this forum who is going to the show!

Hey, if you feel up to it, no doubt going to see The Cure is good for the soul, and you gotta keep that healthy too. Just make sure you don't tire yourself out too much, eh?

sues777

Quote from: Cure Freak on May 20, 2008, 22:08:19
Good news Cure Freak!  Robiola's right - I think it will be good for your soul!  I actually went to the 2nd Sydney show alone, but it wasn't bad at all - I made firends with 2 of the people sitting next to me and ended up going out for a drink with them afterwards.  You never know... ;)
The further we go, and older we grow, the more we know the less we show

coxoxi

...cause I've passed my exam today! Happy happy happy  :smth041

Cure Freak

robiola ~ that is a thought. i will consider it. it would be nice to mmet someone from here. :)
sues777 ~ thanks. and very true.  :)
coxoxi ~ congrats!

coxoxi

Quote from: Cure Freak on May 21, 2008, 13:19:03

coxoxi ~ congrats!
thanks! ;)
btw.lucky you cure freak! i would give anything to see them this year but that's mission impossible  :smth010

silversand

Quote from: coxoxi on May 21, 2008, 13:11:58
...cause I've passed my exam today! Happy happy happy  :smth041

Congratulations coxoxi!!!  :smth038

DJscribbles

Every night I dream, and every day it comes true

coxoxi

awwwww thanks darlings  :-D

Hero

Manchester United won the Champions League!!! :-D I'm not a big football fan but i was forced into supporting them :roll: